Caution: breathing may be hazardous to your health.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Driver – in untaxed, SORN-registered car with expired MOT – mounts pavement on wrong side of the road… then chastises six-year-old for cycling on same footpath

SubjectAuthor
* Driver – in untaxed, SORN-registered car with expiswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Driver – in untaxed, SORN-registered carJNugent
+* Re: Driver – in untaxed, SORN-registered car withswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: Driver – in untaxed,Brian
|+* Re: Driver – in untaxed,Brian
||`* Re: Driver – in untaxed, SORN-registered carJNugent
|| `* Re: Driver – in untaxed,Spike
||  `- Re: Driver – in untaxed, SORN-registered carJNugent
|`- Re: Driver – in untaxed,Brian
+* Re: Driver – in untaxed, SORN-registered car withswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Driver – in untaxed,Spike
+- Re: Driver – in untaxed, SORN-registered car withswldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: Driver – in untaxed, SORN-registered car withswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: Driver – in untaxed,Spike
|`* Re: Driver – in untaxed, SORN-registered car withswldx...@gmail.com
| `- Re: Driver – in untaxed,Spike
+* Re: Driver – in untaxed, SORN-registered car withswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Driver – in untaxed,Spike
+- Re: Driver – in untaxed, SORN-registered car withswldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: Driver – in untaxed, SORN-registered car withswldx...@gmail.com
|`* Re: Driver – in untaxed, SORN-registered car withswldx...@gmail.com
| `* Re: Driver – in untaxed,Spike
|  `- Re: Driver – in untaxed,Spike
+* Re: Driver – in untaxed, SORN-registered car withswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: Driver – in untaxed,Spike
|`* Re: Driver – in untaxed, SORN-registered car withswldx...@gmail.com
| `- Re: Driver – in untaxed,Spike
`- Re: Driver – in untaxed, SORN-registered car withswldx...@gmail.com

Pages:12
Re: Driver – in untaxed, SORN-registered car with expired MOT – mounts pavement on wrong side of the road… then chastises six-year-old for cycling on same footpath

<jq7fg4Flm36U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14998&group=uk.rec.cycling#14998

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Driver – in untaxed,
Date: 6 Oct 2022 07:47:16 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 07:47 UTC

> Good detective work 👍 people like this should be shouted out and stopped
> from driving and owning a car. They should be punished to write the whole
> highway code 100 times.

That punishment could also be meted out to the 80?% of cyclists that jump
red lights.

--
Spike

Re: Driver – in untaxed, SORN-registered car with expired MOT – mounts pavement on wrong side of the road… then chastises six-year-old for cycling on same footpath

<jq7gpkFls1aU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15000&group=uk.rec.cycling#15000

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 6 Oct 2022 08:09:24 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 08:09 UTC

Spike <Aero.Spike@mail.invalid> wrote:
> swldx...@gmail.com <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Good detective work 👍 people like this should be shouted out and stopped
>> from driving and owning a car. They should be punished to write the whole
>> highway code 100 times.

> That punishment could also be meted out to the 80?% of cyclists that jump
> red lights.
Or for that matter, also to those that fail to obey Highway Code Rule 160.

[Rule 160 of the Highway Code is aimed at all riders and drivers, which
includes cyclists:

"Once moving you should keep to the left, unless road signs or markings
indicate otherwise. The exceptions are when you want to overtake, turn
right or pass parked vehicles or pedestrians in the road”.]

--
Spike

Re: Driver – in untaxed, SORN-registered car with expired MOT – mounts pavement on wrong side of the road… then chastises six-year-old for cycling on same footpath

<595f0b70-8a48-445d-843f-ba14649b5bd8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15002&group=uk.rec.cycling#15002

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 03:36:05 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re:_Driver_–_in_untaxed,_SORN-registered_car_with_
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 10:36 UTC

You cannot keep a car on the highway without VED, a private driveway is fine. A friend of mine got DVLA fines, letters from the DVLA and council, etc. when his car was parked in the parking area for his block of flats, it wasn't actually on the road but it is publicly accessible so essentially still on a public highway. (Pretty sure the law was changed a few years back so you cannot even legally keep a vehicle without insurance, SORNED and not on public highway seems fine though.)

MoT... it's not allowed to be driven unless it's to/from a booked MoT appointment. (In which case it doesn't have to have VED because it may have expired and you cannot renew with a valid MoT, but it does have to be insured.)