From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Cyclist kicked off cycle…by
cyclist!
Date: 8 Oct 2022 08:53:41 GMT
 by: Spike - Sat, 8 Oct 2022 08:53 UTC

THEY DO IT TO THEIR OWN!

Horrifying moment cyclist kicked under a bus by [fellow cyclist] caught on
dramatic helmet footage

BMX bandit boots fellow cyclist off his bike, knocking him into the path of
an oncoming coach in unprovoked road rage attack

This is the horrific moment a man was nearly run over when an angry cyclist
kicked his bike, knocking him head first under a moving bus.

Raphael Carrondo, who was making his way home through central London, was
thrown into the side of a coach, after a BMXer deliberately booted his
front wheel.

The unknown rider had forced 32-year-old Raphael to slam on his brakes just
moments before, after trying to undertake him as the pair were passing a
parked bus.

Then, the BMX bandit, wearing a black cap, black jeans and a black
backpack, past his right side lashing out with his left leg.

It sent the office worker flying over the handlebars but luckily he
narrowly missed getting his head trapped under the moving bus and escaped
with only minor injuries.

The shocking footage was captured on Raphael's bike-mounted camera, on
August 6, as he cycled along the Embankment.

Raphael said: "I couldn't believe what had happened - I feel so lucky to be
alive. This guy just came out of nowhere and leathered my front wheel.

"I went flying over the handlebars and my head almost went under the bus -
it was terrifying."

It was as only when Raphael got home to Canary Wharf when he remembered to
check the footage saw what he thought may have been the reason behind the
brutal kicking.

Moments before, as they were travelling towards Blackfriars Bridge along
the busy road on the edge of the Thames, Raphael was forced to slam on his
brakes as the BMXer tried to undertake him as Raphael and other cyclists
safely negotiated round a parked London bus.

Raphael said: "I didn't see him trying to cut me up, because I was
concentrating on overtaking the bus safely.

"I had to swerve and he shouted something at me. I'd forgotten about it -
that sort of thing happens all the time on the roads.

But then he just pedalled past and smashed my front wheel with his boot.

"It was ridiculous - it's the most dangerous thing I've ever seen on a
cyclist's cam, and unfortunately it happened to me. I could have easily
died."

Raphael is now appealing for anyone who witnessed the incident, or may
recognise the kicking cyclist, to come forward.

<https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/horrifying-moment-cyclist-kicked-under-4473519>

--
Spike

Re: Cyclist kicked off cycle…by cyclist!

<jqcsj5Fglm1U3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15070&group=uk.rec.cycling#15070

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re:_Cyclist_kicked_off_cycle…by_cyclist!
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2022 10:01:24 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sat, 8 Oct 2022 09:01 UTC

On 08/10/2022 09:53 am, Spike wrote:
> THEY DO IT TO THEIR OWN!
>
> Horrifying moment cyclist kicked under a bus by [fellow cyclist] caught on
> dramatic helmet footage
>
> BMX bandit boots fellow cyclist off his bike, knocking him into the path of
> an oncoming coach in unprovoked road rage attack
>
> This is the horrific moment a man was nearly run over when an angry cyclist
> kicked his bike, knocking him head first under a moving bus.
>
> Raphael Carrondo, who was making his way home through central London, was
> thrown into the side of a coach, after a BMXer deliberately booted his
> front wheel.
>
> The unknown rider had forced 32-year-old Raphael to slam on his brakes just
> moments before, after trying to undertake him as the pair were passing a
> parked bus.
>
> Then, the BMX bandit, wearing a black cap, black jeans and a black
> backpack, past his right side lashing out with his left leg.
>
> It sent the office worker flying over the handlebars but luckily he
> narrowly missed getting his head trapped under the moving bus and escaped
> with only minor injuries.
>
> The shocking footage was captured on Raphael's bike-mounted camera, on
> August 6, as he cycled along the Embankment.
>
> Raphael said: "I couldn't believe what had happened - I feel so lucky to be
> alive. This guy just came out of nowhere and leathered my front wheel.
>
> "I went flying over the handlebars and my head almost went under the bus -
> it was terrifying."
>
> It was as only when Raphael got home to Canary Wharf when he remembered to
> check the footage saw what he thought may have been the reason behind the
> brutal kicking.
>
> Moments before, as they were travelling towards Blackfriars Bridge along
> the busy road on the edge of the Thames, Raphael was forced to slam on his
> brakes as the BMXer tried to undertake him as Raphael and other cyclists
> safely negotiated round a parked London bus.
>
> Raphael said: "I didn't see him trying to cut me up, because I was
> concentrating on overtaking the bus safely.
>
> "I had to swerve and he shouted something at me. I'd forgotten about it -
> that sort of thing happens all the time on the roads.
>
> But then he just pedalled past and smashed my front wheel with his boot.
>
> "It was ridiculous - it's the most dangerous thing I've ever seen on a
> cyclist's cam, and unfortunately it happened to me. I could have easily
> died."
>
> Raphael is now appealing for anyone who witnessed the incident, or may
> recognise the kicking cyclist, to come forward.
>
> <https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/horrifying-moment-cyclist-kicked-under-4473519>

I wonder why road.cc hasn't reported it?

Perhaps there are too many long words for them.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Cyclist kicked off cycle…by cyclist!