For every bloke who makes his mark, there's half a dozen waiting to rub it out. -- Andy Capp

aus+uk / aus.tv / Re: nightly news

SubjectAuthor
* nightly newsMax
+- Re: nightly newsSylvia Else
`* Re: nightly newsRod Speed
 `* Re: nightly newsPeter Jason
  `* Re: nightly newsRod Speed
   `* Re: nightly newsPeter Jason
    `* Re: nightly newsRod Speed
     +* Re: nightly newsPeter Jason
     |`* Re: nightly newsRod Speed
     | `* Re: nightly newsYosemite Sam
     |  `* Re: nightly newsRod Speed
     |   +* Re: nightly newsPeter Jason
     |   |`* Re: nightly newsRod Speed
     |   | `* Re: nightly newsPeter Jason
     |   |  `* Re: nightly newsRod Speed
     |   |   `* Re: nightly newskeithr0
     |   |    `- Re: nightly newsRod Speed
     |   `* Re: nightly newsYosemite Sam
     |    `- Re: nightly newsRod Speed
     `* Re: nightly newsMax
      `- Re: nightly newsRod Speed

1
nightly news

<t9efgf$r50$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=128&group=aus.tv#128

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.tv
Subject: nightly news
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2022 18:52:30 +1000
 by: Max - Tue, 28 Jun 2022 08:52 UTC

Why do Ch 7 and Ch 9 now have 1 hour news programs at 6pm, when it was
only 30 mins for decades before?

Re: nightly news

<ji08dvFhkulU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=131&group=aus.tv#131

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.tv
Subject: Re: nightly news
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2022 21:53:35 +1000
 by: Sylvia Else - Tue, 28 Jun 2022 11:53 UTC

On 28-June-22 6:52 pm, Max wrote:
> Why do Ch 7 and Ch 9 now have 1 hour news programs at 6pm, when it was
> only 30 mins for decades before?

It's probably the cheapest why of filling the time. Even cheaper than
reality TV.

Sylvia.

Re: nightly news

<op.1ohkpytabyq249@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=132&group=aus.tv#132

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.tv
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 04:38:12 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Tue, 28 Jun 2022 18:38 UTC

Max <max@val.morgan> wrote

> Why do Ch 7 and Ch 9 now have 1 hour news programs at 6pm, when it was
> only 30 mins for decades before?

When one does it, the other has to to compete.

News is much cheaper to produce than anything else.

Ten actually has an hour followed by a 30 min news.

Re: nightly news

<u9rmbh55unf6oo0lfjsq641euljchpiuj5@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=134&group=aus.tv#134

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.tv
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 07:09:54 +1000
 by: Peter Jason - Tue, 28 Jun 2022 21:09 UTC

On Wed, 29 Jun 2022 04:38:12 +1000, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>
>> Why do Ch 7 and Ch 9 now have 1 hour news programs at 6pm, when it was
>> only 30 mins for decades before?
>
>When one does it, the other has to to compete.
>
>News is much cheaper to produce than anything else.
>
>Ten actually has an hour followed by a 30 min news.

I used to record the movies on TV onto DVD platters, but only after
cutting out the ads with "VideoReDo".

The ads were about 1/3 the viewing time, but rose to 1/2 the time for
first runs.

I don't know the fraction the ads take now for the endless "series"
but it must be frightening.

Thank God for PVRs!

Re: nightly news

<op.1ohz5jj0byq249@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=135&group=aus.tv#135

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.tv
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 10:11:33 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Wed, 29 Jun 2022 00:11 UTC

Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote

>>> Why do Ch 7 and Ch 9 now have 1 hour news programsat 6pm, when it was
>>> only 30 mins for decades before?

>> When one does it, the other has to to compete.

>> News is much cheaper to produce than anything else.

>> Ten actually has an hour followed by a 30 min news.

> I used to record the movies on TV onto DVD platters,

I record all TV onto a hard drive.

> but only after cutting out the ads with "VideoReDo".

I do have VideoReDo but never bothered to cut out the ads,
just skip them when watching what I have recorded.

> The ads were about 1/3 the viewing time,but rose to 1/2 the time for
> first runs.

Don't believe that.

> I don't know the fraction the ads take now forthe endless "series" but
> it must be frightening.

No its not. Its not actually too bad at all.

> Thank God for PVRs!

There is no god, and no god produced PVRs.

Re: nightly news

<gc9nbh9komcdacpnioivt40k9dnoj3ipa2@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=136&group=aus.tv#136

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.tv
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 11:11:23 +1000
 by: Peter Jason - Wed, 29 Jun 2022 01:11 UTC

On Wed, 29 Jun 2022 10:11:33 +1000, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote
>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote

>>> When one does it, the other has to to compete.
>
>>> News is much cheaper to produce than anything else.
>
>>> Ten actually has an hour followed by a 30 min news.
>
>> I used to record the movies on TV onto DVD platters,
>
>I record all TV onto a hard drive.
It's easier now. But back then is wasn't.

>> but only after cutting out the ads with "VideoReDo".
>
>I do have VideoReDo but never bothered to cut out the ads,
>just skip them when watching what I have recorded.

I cut out the ads to make space on the platter.
>> The ads were about 1/3 the viewing time,but rose to 1/2 the time for
>> first runs.
>
>Don't believe that.
It's true; I measured it. Anyway how could you know if you didn't cut
them out?

>> I don't know the fraction the ads take now forthe endless "series" but
>> it must be frightening.
>
>No its not. Its not actually too bad at all.
You WATCH that tripe? It's a plot to get you watching even more ads.
And the stories are padded with endless SOAP and endless panning
across attractive faces and furry critters, and fast cars, and GUNS!

>> Thank God for PVRs!
>
>There is no god, and no god produced PVRs.
....uh! How do you know? Were you there at the birth?

Re: nightly news

<op.1oh6grjrbyq249@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=137&group=aus.tv#137

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.tv
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 12:27:53 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Wed, 29 Jun 2022 02:27 UTC

On Wed, 29 Jun 2022 11:11:23 +1000, Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Jun 2022 10:11:33 +1000, "Rod Speed"
> <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote
>>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote

>>> I used to record the movies on TV onto DVD platters,
>>
>> I record all TV onto a hard drive.

> It's easier now. But back then is wasn't.

Bullshit, I did it before DVDs were even available.

>>> but only after cutting out the ads with "VideoReDo".
>>
>> I do have VideoReDo but never bothered to cut out the ads,
>> just skip them when watching what I have recorded.

> I cut out the ads to make space on the platter.

>>> The ads were about 1/3 the viewing time,but rose to 1/2 the time for
>>> first runs.
>>
>> Don't believe that.

> It's true; I measured it.

Its bullshit with both your numbers.

> Anyway how could you know if you didn't cut them out?

Easy to time them when watching the recorded stuff.

>>> I don't know the fraction the ads take now forthe endless "series" but
>>> it must be frightening.
>>
>> No its not. Its not actually too bad at all.

> You WATCH that tripe?

The best of the series like Foyle's War leave movies for dead.

> It's a plot to get you watching even more ads.

Can't be given that the series on the ABC don't have
any ads except for the ABC between the programs.

> And the stories are padded with endless SOAP and endless panning
> across attractive faces and furry critters, and fast cars, and GUNS!

Depends on the series. Foyle's War doesn't have anything like that.

>>> Thank God for PVRs!
>>
>> There is no god, and no god produced PVRs.

> ...uh! How do you know?

It is obvious that all the gods are mind fucks.

> Were you there at the birth?

Of PVRs, yep.

Re: nightly news

<c7pnbhtgrp4vnucppdaenr7510mkjc51as@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=138&group=aus.tv#138

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.tv
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 15:51:02 +1000
 by: Peter Jason - Wed, 29 Jun 2022 05:51 UTC

On Wed, 29 Jun 2022 12:27:53 +1000, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 29 Jun 2022 11:11:23 +1000, Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 29 Jun 2022 10:11:33 +1000, "Rod Speed"
>> <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote

>>> I record all TV onto a hard drive.
>
>> It's easier now. But back then is wasn't.
>
>Bullshit, I did it before DVDs were even available.

I don't care. I prefer to have movies easily accessible on platters
the size of library cards, so that I can store these in a library-card
catalogue cabinet......vis
https://postimg.cc/t1KjTx9k
....and the platters are selectable like books, and can be loaned out
to people.
I can fit 3 x 1.5GB movies on each platter, each of acceptable
quality.
Do you realize HDDs are fragile and can burn up (the control card) or
grind to a halt when the reader arms plough into the disks?
Each platter has a description printed on the back.

>>> I do have VideoReDo but never bothered to cut out the ads,
>>> just skip them when watching what I have recorded.
>
>> I cut out the ads to make space on the platter.

>>> Don't believe that.
>
>> It's true; I measured it.
>
>Its bullshit with both your numbers.

It's holy truth. Would I lie to you? Troll!

>> Anyway how could you know if you didn't cut them out?
>
>Easy to time them when watching the recorded stuff.

>>> No its not. Its not actually too bad at all.
>
>> You WATCH that tripe?
>
>The best of the series like Foyle's War leave movies for dead.

I did fall asleep during one of it's episodes.
It's a period war movie, stretched out interminably, about some
sub-bourgeois family with a control freak running everything.

>> It's a plot to get you watching even more ads.
>
>Can't be given that the series on the ABC don't have
>any ads except for the ABC between the programs.

O Dear, now you're being argumentative!

>> And the stories are padded with endless SOAP and endless panning
>> across attractive faces and furry critters, and fast cars, and GUNS!
>
>Depends on the series. Foyle's War doesn't have anything like that.

>>> There is no god, and no god produced PVRs.

>> ...uh! How do you know?
>
>It is obvious that all the gods are mind fucks.
>
>> Were you there at the birth?
>
>Of PVRs, yep.

Re: nightly news

<t9gut6$c86$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=139&group=aus.tv#139

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.tv,aus.legal
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 17:27:30 +1000
 by: Max - Wed, 29 Jun 2022 07:27 UTC

On 29/06/2022 12:27 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Jun 2022 11:11:23 +1000, Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 29 Jun 2022 10:11:33 +1000, "Rod Speed"
>> <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote

>>> I record all TV onto a hard drive.
>
>> It's easier now.  But back then is wasn't.
>
> Bullshit, I did it before DVDs were even available.

>>> I do have VideoReDo but never bothered to cut out the ads,
>>> just skip them when watching what I have recorded.
>
>> I cut out the ads to make space on the platter.

>>> Don't believe that.
>
>> It's true; I measured it.
>
> Its bullshit with both your numbers.
>
>> Anyway how could you know if you didn't cut  them out?
>
> Easy to time them when watching the recorded stuff.

>>> No its not. Its not actually too bad at all.
>
>> You WATCH that tripe?
>
> The best of the series like Foyle's War leave movies for dead.
>
>> It's a plot to get you watching even more ads.
>
> Can't be given that the series on the ABC don't have
> any ads except for the ABC between the programs.
>
>> And the stories are padded with endless SOAP and endless panning
>> across attractive faces and furry critters, and fast cars, and GUNS!
>
> Depends on the series. Foyle's War doesn't have anything like that.

>>> There is no god, and no god produced PVRs.
>
>> ...uh! How do you know?
>
> It is obvious that all the gods are mind fucks.
>
>> Were you there at the birth?
>
> Of PVRs, yep.

Recording TV shows is actually a legally contentious issue. You are only
allowed to record in order to time shift.

Meaning that you can watch a show at a different time to when it was
broadcast.

You may not record a program for the purpose of indefinitely keeping the
recording to be watched over and over again - a practice known as
'librarying'.

Source:
https://copyright.unimelb.edu.au/shared/using-copyright-material/personal-use

Re: nightly news

<op.1oimi9nsbyq249@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=140&group=aus.tv#140

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.tv,aus.legal
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 18:14:59 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Wed, 29 Jun 2022 08:14 UTC

On Wed, 29 Jun 2022 17:27:30 +1000, Max <max@val.morgan> wrote:

> On 29/06/2022 12:27 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
>> On Wed, 29 Jun 2022 11:11:23 +1000, Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:

>>> It's easier now. But back then is wasn't.
>> Bullshit, I did it before DVDs were even available.

>>> I cut out the ads to make space on the platter.

>>> It's true; I measured it.
>> Its bullshit with both your numbers.
>>
>>> Anyway how could you know if you didn't cut them out?
>> Easy to time them when watching the recorded stuff.

>>> You WATCH that tripe?
>> The best of the series like Foyle's War leave movies for dead.
>>
>>> It's a plot to get you watching even more ads.
>> Can't be given that the series on the ABC don't have
>> any ads except for the ABC between the programs.
>>
>>> And the stories are padded with endless SOAP and endless panning
>>> across attractive faces and furry critters, and fast cars, and GUNS!
>> Depends on the series. Foyle's War doesn't have anything like that.

>>> ...uh! How do you know?
>> It is obvious that all the gods are mind fucks.
>>
>>> Were you there at the birth?
>> Of PVRs, yep.

> Recording TV shows is actually a legally contentious issue.

Bullshit it is when I am doing it so that I can watch it when
I choose to watch it and skip the boring bits and the ads.

> You are only allowed to record in order to time shift.

And that is why I do it, stupid.

> Meaning that you can watch a show at adifferent time to when it was
> broadcast.

And skip the ads and boring bits and back track over stuff I want to
backtrack over.

> You may not record a program for the purpose of indefinitelykeeping the
> recording to be watched over and over again

Wrong, as always.

> - a practice known as 'librarying'.

Only by fools.

> Source:
> https://copyright.unimelb.edu.au/shared/using-copyright-material/personal-use

Just because some fool claims something...

Re: nightly news

<op.1ojeouptbyq249@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=141&group=aus.tv#141

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.tv
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 04:23:08 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Wed, 29 Jun 2022 18:23 UTC

On Wed, 29 Jun 2022 15:51:02 +1000, Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Jun 2022 12:27:53 +1000, "Rod Speed"
> <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 29 Jun 2022 11:11:23 +1000, Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:

>>> It's easier now. But back then is wasn't.
>>
>> Bullshit, I did it before DVDs were even available.

> I don't care.

I don't care what you care about. That was a comment
on your claim that 'But back then is wasn't.'

> I prefer to have movies easily accessible on platters
> the size of library cards, so that I can store these in a library-card
> catalogue cabinet......vis
> https://postimg.cc/t1KjTx9k
> ...and the platters are selectable like books, and can be loaned out
> to people.

Makes a lot more sense to have them on a hard drive, you dinosaur.

> I can fit 3 x 1.5GB movies on each platter, each of acceptable quality.
> Do you realize HDDs are fragile and can burn up (the control card) or
> grind to a halt when the reader arms plough into the disks?

Never had one do that.

Do you realize that DVDs aren't playable forever ?

> Each platter has a description printed on the back.

A decent database is much more viable.

>>> I cut out the ads to make space on the platter.

>>> It's true; I measured it.
>>
>> Its bullshit with both your numbers.

> It's holy truth.

Bullshit it is.

> Would I lie to you?

Yep, you have just done that.

> Troll!

Your sig is sposed to be last with a line with just -- on it in front of
it.

>>> Anyway how could you know if you didn't cut them out?
>>
>> Easy to time them when watching the recorded stuff.

>>> You WATCH that tripe?
>>
>> The best of the series like Foyle's War leave movies for dead.

> I did fall asleep during one of it's episodes.

Your deficiencys are your problem, as always.

> It's a period war movie, stretched out interminably, about some
> sub-bourgeois family with a control freak running everything.

Have fun listing even a single movie that is better.

>>> It's a plot to get you watching even more ads.

>> Can't be given that the series on the ABC don't have
>> any ads except for the ABC between the programs.

> O Dear, now you're being argumentative!

Corse you never ever do anything like that, eh ?

>>> And the stories are padded with endless SOAP and endless panning
>>> across attractive faces and furry critters, and fast cars, and GUNS!
>>
>> Depends on the series. Foyle's War doesn't have anything like that.

>>> ...uh! How do you know?
>>
>> It is obvious that all the gods are mind fucks.
>>
>>> Were you there at the birth?
>>
>> Of PVRs, yep.

Re: nightly news

<ji714qFkhggU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=142&group=aus.tv#142

From: fel...@goaway.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.tv
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2022 11:32:38 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Fri, 1 Jul 2022 01:32 UTC

On 30/06/2022 4:23 am, Rod Speed wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Jun 2022 15:51:02 +1000, Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 29 Jun 2022 12:27:53 +1000, "Rod Speed"
>> <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I did fall asleep during one of it's episodes.
>
> Your deficiencys are your problem, as always.
>
>> It's a period war movie, stretched out interminably, about some
>> sub-bourgeois  family with a control freak running everything.
>
> Have fun listing even a single movie that is better.

that would be a very long list, but for example James Cameron's "Titanic"

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: nightly news

<op.1oltysvcbyq249@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=143&group=aus.tv#143

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.tv
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2022 11:48:18 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 1 Jul 2022 01:48 UTC

On Fri, 01 Jul 2022 11:32:38 +1000, Yosemite Sam <felix@goaway.com> wrote:

> On 30/06/2022 4:23 am, Rod Speed wrote:
>> On Wed, 29 Jun 2022 15:51:02 +1000, Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:

>>> I did fall asleep during one of it's episodes.
>>
>> Your deficiencys are your problem, as always.
>>
>>> It's a period war movie, stretched out interminably, about some
>>> sub-bourgeois family with a control freak running everything.
>>
>> Have fun listing even a single movie that is better.
>>

> that would be a very long list,

Bullshit.

> but for example James Cameron's "Titanic"

That doesn't have anything like the ethical issues almost all of the
Foyle's War eps have.

Re: nightly news

<peosbhl36s82sac4tia51t0inpddlf5r2h@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=144&group=aus.tv#144

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.tv
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2022 13:08:54 +1000
 by: Peter Jason - Fri, 1 Jul 2022 03:08 UTC

On Fri, 01 Jul 2022 11:48:18 +1000, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 01 Jul 2022 11:32:38 +1000, Yosemite Sam <felix@goaway.com> wrote:

>>> Your deficiencys are your problem, as always.

>>> Have fun listing even a single movie that is better.
>>>

>> that would be a very long list,
>
>Bullshit.
>
>> but for example James Cameron's "Titanic"
>
>That doesn't have anything like the ethical issues almost all of the
>Foyle's War eps have.

I don't watch TV for "ethical issues".
Do you mean like "Father Brown"?
The "Smiley" espionage movie is my sort of English film, where ethics
are rare.

Re: nightly news

<op.1ol75btcbyq249@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=145&group=aus.tv#145

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.tv
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2022 16:54:37 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 1 Jul 2022 06:54 UTC

On Fri, 01 Jul 2022 13:08:54 +1000, Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 01 Jul 2022 11:48:18 +1000, "Rod Speed"
> <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 01 Jul 2022 11:32:38 +1000, Yosemite Sam <felix@goaway.com>
>> wrote:

>>> that would be a very long list,
>>
>> Bullshit.
>>
>>> but for example James Cameron's "Titanic"
>>
>> That doesn't have anything like the ethical issues almost all of the
>> Foyle's War eps have.

> I don't watch TV for "ethical issues".

Only the stupid watch shoot em up 'movies'

> Do you mean like "Father Brown"?

Nope, dope, no ethical issues in any of that shit.

> The "Smiley" espionage movie is my sort of English film,

More fool you.

> where ethics are rare.

No surprise that you don't have a fucking clue what Foyle's War is about;

Re: nightly news

<ji8d84Fr710U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=146&group=aus.tv#146

From: fel...@goaway.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.tv
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2022 00:05:21 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Fri, 1 Jul 2022 14:05 UTC

On 1/07/2022 11:48 am, Rod Speed wrote:
> On Fri, 01 Jul 2022 11:32:38 +1000, Yosemite Sam <felix@goaway.com>
> wrote:

>>> Your deficiencys are your problem, as always.

>>> Have fun listing even a single movie that is better.
>>>

>> that would be a very long list,
>
> Bullshit.
>
>> but for example James Cameron's "Titanic"
>
> That doesn't have anything like the ethical issues almost all of the
> Foyle's War eps have.

entertainment doesn't need to have ethical issues

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: nightly news

<op.1om2vokibyq249@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=147&group=aus.tv#147

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.tv
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2022 03:58:26 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 1 Jul 2022 17:58 UTC

On Sat, 02 Jul 2022 00:05:21 +1000, Yosemite Sam <felix@goaway.com> wrote:

> On 1/07/2022 11:48 am, Rod Speed wrote:
>> On Fri, 01 Jul 2022 11:32:38 +1000, Yosemite Sam <felix@goaway.com>
>> wrote:

>>> that would be a very long list,
>>
>> Bullshit.
>>
>>> but for example James Cameron's "Titanic"
>>
>> That doesn't have anything like the ethical issues almost all of the
>> Foyle's War eps have.
>

> entertainment doesn't need to have ethical issues

The shit stuff doesnt have anything but fools running
around shooting each other or fucking each other etc.

Re: nightly news

<csvubh9tf9tafjqpopdcd1vj82lnsij0oj@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=148&group=aus.tv#148

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.tv
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2022 09:17:39 +1000
References: <t9efgf$r50$1@gioia.aioe.org> <op.1ohkpytabyq249@pvr2.lan> <u9rmbh55unf6oo0lfjsq641euljchpiuj5@4ax.com> <op.1ohz5jj0byq249@pvr2.lan> <gc9nbh9komcdacpnioivt40k9dnoj3ipa2@4ax.com> <op.1oh6grjrbyq249@pvr2.lan> <c7pnbhtgrp4vnucppdaenr7510mkjc51as@4ax.com> <op.1ojeouptbyq249@pvr2.lan> <ji714qFkhggU1@mid.individual.net> <op.1oltysvcbyq249@pvr2.lan> <peosbhl36s82sac4tia51t0inpddlf5r2h@4ax.com> <op.1ol75btcbyq249@pvr2.lan>
 by: Peter Jason - Fri, 1 Jul 2022 23:17 UTC

On Fri, 01 Jul 2022 16:54:37 +1000, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 01 Jul 2022 13:08:54 +1000, Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 01 Jul 2022 11:48:18 +1000, "Rod Speed"
>> <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Bullshit.

>>> That doesn't have anything like the ethical issues almost all of the
>>> Foyle's War eps have.
>
>> I don't watch TV for "ethical issues".
>
>Only the stupid watch shoot em up 'movies'

Like the Foyle thing? Lots of shooting in a war.

>> Do you mean like "Father Brown"?
>
>Nope, dope, no ethical issues in any of that shit.

Nor anything else! Typical boring useless British TV!

>> The "Smiley" espionage movie is my sort of English film,
>
>More fool you.

It's cerebrally challenging; try it some time!

>> where ethics are rare.
>
>No surprise that you don't have a fucking clue what Foyle's War is about;

No. I don't care to watch British Soap.

Really, you are the most argumentative person.

Re: nightly news

<op.1oniomkzbyq249@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=149&group=aus.tv#149

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.tv
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2022 09:39:48 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 1 Jul 2022 23:39 UTC

On Sat, 02 Jul 2022 09:17:39 +1000, Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 01 Jul 2022 16:54:37 +1000, "Rod Speed"
> <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 01 Jul 2022 13:08:54 +1000, Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:

>>> I don't watch TV for "ethical issues".
>>
>> Only the stupid watch shoot em up 'movies'
>
> Like the Foyle thing? Lots of shooting in a war.

But fuck all shooting in the series, stupid.

>>> Do you mean like "Father Brown"?
>>
>> Nope, dope, no ethical issues in any of that shit.
>
> Nor anything else! Typical boring useless British TV!

Only for fools stupid enough to prefer
shit like the "Smiley" espionage movie

>>> The "Smiley" espionage movie is my sort of English film,
>>
>> More fool you.
>
> It's cerebrally challenging; try it some time!

But fuck all compared with the entire Foyle's War series.

>>> where ethics are rare.
>>
>> No surprise that you don't have a fucking clue what Foyle's War is
>> about;
>
> No. I don't care to watch British Soap.

Foyle's War isnt a soap, stupid.

> Really, you are the most argumentative person.

Corse you never ever argue at all, eh ?

Re: nightly news

<jiasgcF7hhdU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=150&group=aus.tv#150

From: use...@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.tv
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2022 22:37:30 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Sat, 2 Jul 2022 12:37 UTC

On 2/07/2022 9:39 am, Rod Speed wrote:
> On Sat, 02 Jul 2022 09:17:39 +1000, Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 01 Jul 2022 16:54:37 +1000, "Rod Speed"
>> <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Only the stupid watch shoot em up 'movies'
>>
>> Like the Foyle thing?  Lots of shooting in a war.
>
> But fuck all shooting in the series, stupid.

>>> Nope, dope, no ethical issues in any of that shit.
>>
>> Nor anything else!  Typical boring useless British TV!
>
> Only for fools stupid enough to prefer
> shit like  the "Smiley" espionage movie

The BBC series of "Tinker tailor soldier spy" was excellent, the movie
not so much.

>>> More fool you.
>>
>> It's cerebrally challenging; try it some time!
>
> But fuck all compared with the entire Foyle's War series.

>>> No surprise that you don't have a fucking clue what Foyle's War is
>>> about;
>>
>> No. I don't care to watch British Soap.
>
> Foyle's War isnt a soap, stupid.
>
>> Really, you are the most argumentative person.
>
> Corse you never ever argue at all, eh ?

Re: nightly news

<op.1oo1mls8byq249@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=151&group=aus.tv#151

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.tv
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2022 05:26:35 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Sat, 2 Jul 2022 19:26 UTC

On Sat, 02 Jul 2022 22:37:30 +1000, keithr0 <user@account.invalid> wrote:

> On 2/07/2022 9:39 am, Rod Speed wrote:
>> On Sat, 02 Jul 2022 09:17:39 +1000, Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:

>>> Like the Foyle thing? Lots of shooting in a war.
>> But fuck all shooting in the series, stupid.

>>> Nor anything else! Typical boring useless British TV!
>> Only for fools stupid enough to prefer
>> shit like the "Smiley" espionage movie
>
> The BBC series of "Tinker tailor soldier spy" was excellent, the movie
> not so much.

Yeah, I prefer the series format too, because there is much
more of it than you ever get with a movie. No movie ever
has anything like the total content that Foyle's War has.

Can't even find that on imdb.