Q: What is green and lives in the ocean? A: Moby Pickle.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Cyclist "lucky to be alive" after near death experience during A1 crash between two lorries

SubjectAuthor
* Cyclist "lucky to be alive" after near death experience during A1swldx...@gmail.com
`* Re: Cyclist "lucky to be alive" after near death experience duringRob Morley
 `- Re: Cyclist "lucky to be alive" after near death experience during A1swldx...@gmail.com

1
Cyclist "lucky to be alive" after near death experience during A1 crash between two lorries

<1b5bb8cd-46a2-4ce1-b32d-6f8fc249727an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15136&group=uk.rec.cycling#15136

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2022 03:12:10 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Cyclist "lucky to be alive" after near death experience during A1
crash between two lorries
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 9 Oct 2022 10:12 UTC

LORRIES DESTROYED

A cyclist says he feels lucky to be alive after a near-miss with a lorry involved in a crash on the A1 this morning.

Just before 6am a collision between two lorries happened at the layby on the Dry Doddington junction and led to one lane on the southbound carriageway being closed north of Long Bennington.

Lewis Farrow, 18, from Long Bennington, was cycling to work at Rototek in Fernwood on a path that runs alongside that stretch of the A1 when the incident occurred.

Lewis described the terrifying incident, saying: "I heard the bang and looked up to see two headlights coming directly at me. That lorry came flying in front of me and missed me by less than a metre.

"It went straight through the hedge, through a field and into the next hedgerow about 50 yards away off of the A1.

"I've never been that close to dying in my life.

He said: "The path runs all the way down the southbound side of the A1 from Newark to my village. Cyclists use it all the time but now this has happened I want it closed down.

"Just don't bike there, it's not worth it. They need to remove the path, shut it down or put in some barriers.

"All it takes is one car to swerve and someone be there. I nearly died, next time someone will."

Lisa agreed, saying: "There have been quite a few accidents along this part of the A1 between Newark and Grantham over the years and the pathway is only about six feet away from the road side.

"Whether it's a car or another lorry, this will happen again."

https://www.newarkadvertiser.co.uk/news/cyclist-lucky-to-be-alive-after-a1-lorry-crash-9277935/

Re: Cyclist "lucky to be alive" after near death experience during A1 crash between two lorries

<20221009155015.7d535eb5@Mars>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15153&group=uk.rec.cycling#15153

From: nos...@ntlworld.com (Rob Morley)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Cyclist "lucky to be alive" after near death experience during
A1 crash between two lorries
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2022 15:50:15 +0100
H2J3@n:NH)h+HQQv-jP3EYU|.*HZ6q6nwd5N7uOFIr+@
 by: Rob Morley - Sun, 9 Oct 2022 14:50 UTC

On Sun, 9 Oct 2022 03:12:10 -0700 (PDT)
"swldx...@gmail.com" <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:

> He said: "The path runs all the way down the southbound side of the
> A1 from Newark to my village. Cyclists use it all the time but now
> this has happened I want it closed down.
>
> "Just don't bike there, it's not worth it. They need to remove the
> path, shut it down or put in some barriers.
>
> "All it takes is one car to swerve and someone be there. I nearly
> died, next time someone will."
>
> Lisa agreed, saying: "There have been quite a few accidents along
> this part of the A1 between Newark and Grantham over the years and
> the pathway is only about six feet away from the road side.
>
> "Whether it's a car or another lorry, this will happen again."

On that basis if a motor vehicle mounts a pavement near a pedestrian the
pavement should be closed down, Some people are just too stupid to be
allowed an opinion.

Re: Cyclist "lucky to be alive" after near death experience during A1 crash between two lorries

<a1375876-368e-405a-a7bc-e7eb31967c2en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15171&group=uk.rec.cycling#15171

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2022 12:07:29 -0700 (PDT)
crash between two lorries
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 9 Oct 2022 19:07 UTC

On Sunday, October 9, 2022 at 3:50:18 PM UTC+1, Rob Morley wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Oct 2022 03:12:10 -0700 (PDT)
> "swldx...@gmail.com" <swldx...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > He said: "The path runs all the way down the southbound side of the
> > A1 from Newark to my village. Cyclists use it all the time but now
> > this has happened I want it closed down.
> >
> > "Just don't bike there, it's not worth it. They need to remove the
> > path, shut it down or put in some barriers.
> >
> > "All it takes is one car to swerve and someone be there. I nearly
> > died, next time someone will."
> >
> > Lisa agreed, saying: "There have been quite a few accidents along
> > this part of the A1 between Newark and Grantham over the years and
> > the pathway is only about six feet away from the road side.
> >
> > "Whether it's a car or another lorry, this will happen again."
> >
> On that basis if a motor vehicle mounts a pavement near a pedestrian the
> pavement should be closed down, Some people are just too stupid to be
> allowed an opinion.

Made a right mess of the lorry.

https://www.newarkadvertiser.co.uk/_media/img/750x0/XUHL1UWT614J9UPYB651.jpg