From: treenoa...@home.com (Richard Treen)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Subject: 3 Mobile Contracts?
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2024 07:43:54 +0000
 by: Richard Treen - Wed, 20 Mar 2024 07:43 UTC

Can anyone recommend a web link to pages that gives simple
explanations of 3 Mobile contract problems?

Despite a long email explanation from 3 regarding my current and
future contracts I can't quite get a clear understanding on at least a
couple of points.

If my 2 year contract is due to end in early April and I'm happy that
it will, do I need to give 3 notice of the fact?

If I accept that the contract will be automatically extended for a
further 2 years, initially at the current monthly payment rate, but
with the suggestion that the charges may be increased by 3 at any
time, am I bound to accept these future rises, or will there be an opt
out at that point?
--

Ric_Treen

Re: 3 Mobile Contracts?

<utf1gm$1iqod$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15187&group=uk.telecom.mobile#15187

From: ithink...@gmail.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Subject: Re: 3 Mobile Contracts?
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2024 16:05:42 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:WXZGpSYrTH0IQFOR/5UbX+Ce5EE=
 by: Chris - Wed, 20 Mar 2024 16:05 UTC

Richard Treen <treenoakio@home.com> wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a web link to pages that gives simple
> explanations of 3 Mobile contract problems?
>
> Despite a long email explanation from 3 regarding my current and
> future contracts I can't quite get a clear understanding on at least a
> couple of points.
>
> If my 2 year contract is due to end in early April and I'm happy that
> it will, do I need to give 3 notice of the fact?

No.

> If I accept that the contract will be automatically extended for a
> further 2 years,

It won't. It'll either continue on the same terms but you can leave at any
time or will move to a PAYG service. Check your contract.

> initially at the current monthly payment rate, but
> with the suggestion that the charges may be increased by 3 at any
> time, am I bound to accept these future rises, or will there be an opt
> out at that point?

If you do nothing you'll be able to leave when you want. If you actively
sign up for a new two year contract then you will be bound to annual
RPI+3.9% price rises for the duration of the contract.

Re: 3 Mobile Contracts?

<m47rvilk06jbpp2lshltcn76c3jfbev97d@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15206&group=uk.telecom.mobile#15206

From: treenoa...@home.com (Richard Treen)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 14:59:29 +0000
 by: Richard Treen - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 14:59 UTC

On Wed, 20 Mar 2024 16:05:42 -0000 (UTC), Chris <ithinkiam@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Richard Treen <treenoakio@home.com> wrote:
>> Can anyone recommend a web link to pages that gives simple
>> explanations of 3 Mobile contract problems?
>>
>> Despite a long email explanation from 3 regarding my current and
>> future contracts I can't quite get a clear understanding on at least a
>> couple of points.
>>
>> If my 2 year contract is due to end in early April and I'm happy that
>> it will, do I need to give 3 notice of the fact?
>
>No.
>
>> If I accept that the contract will be automatically extended for a
>> further 2 years,
>
>It won't. It'll either continue on the same terms but you can leave at any
>time or will move to a PAYG service. Check your contract.
>
>> initially at the current monthly payment rate, but
>> with the suggestion that the charges may be increased by 3 at any
>> time, am I bound to accept these future rises, or will there be an opt
>> out at that point?
>
>If you do nothing you'll be able to leave when you want. If you actively
>sign up for a new two year contract then you will be bound to annual
>RPI+3.9% price rises for the duration of the contract.

I like your advice Chris, thanks.
--

Ric_Treen