From: jav...@evij.com.invalid (Java Jive)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Subject: Vodafone-Three merger could lead to higher prices, says watchdog
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 11:43:49 +0000
 by: Java Jive - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 11:43 UTC

Vodafone-Three merger could lead to higher prices, says watchdog
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-68630954

"The proposed merger of Vodafone and Three could lead to "higher prices"
and "reduced quality" for customers, the UK's competition watchdog says.

The proposed £15bn deal could now be subject to an in-depth investigation.

The combined group would be the UK's biggest mobile network with about
27 million customers.

The firms said the deal would result in an additional investment of
£11bn in the UK.

But the Competition and Markets Authority's (CMA) deputy chief economic
adviser Julie Bon said she had "identified concerns which could lead to
higher prices for customers and lower investment in UK mobile networks.

"These warrant an in-depth investigation unless Vodafone and Three can
come forward with solutions.""

--

Fake news kills!

www.macfh.co.uk

Re: Vodafone-Three merger could lead to higher prices, says watchdog

<utjrf6$2t7r4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15195&group=uk.telecom.mobile#15195

From: fre...@fred-smith.co.uk (Abandoned Trolley)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 11:53:11 +0000
 by: Abandoned Trolley - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 11:53 UTC

On 22/03/2024 11:43, Java Jive wrote:
> Vodafone-Three merger could lead to higher prices, says watchdog
> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-68630954
>
> "The proposed merger of Vodafone and Three could lead to "higher prices"
> and "reduced quality" for customers, the UK's competition watchdog says.
>
> The proposed £15bn deal could now be subject to an in-depth investigation.
>
> The combined group would be the UK's biggest mobile network with about
> 27 million customers.
>
> The firms said the deal would result in an additional investment of
> £11bn in the UK.
>
> But the Competition and Markets Authority's (CMA) deputy chief economic
> adviser Julie Bon said she had "identified concerns which could lead to
> higher prices for customers and lower investment in UK mobile networks.
>
> "These warrant an in-depth investigation unless Vodafone and Three can
> come forward with solutions.""

I would have thought that after about 15 years Three might have been
able to make their mind up about who exactly they want to merge with.

The £15bn being discussed is less than the operators paid for their 3g
licences

Re: Vodafone-Three merger could lead to higher prices, says watchdog

<utkbg1$315mb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15211&group=uk.telecom.mobile#15211

From: harroga...@ntlworld.com (Woody)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 16:26:39 +0000
 by: Woody - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 16:26 UTC

On Fri 22/03/2024 11:43, Java Jive wrote:
> Vodafone-Three merger could lead to higher prices, says watchdog
> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-68630954
>
> "The proposed merger of Vodafone and Three could lead to "higher prices"
> and "reduced quality" for customers, the UK's competition watchdog says.
>
> The proposed £15bn deal could now be subject to an in-depth investigation.
>
> The combined group would be the UK's biggest mobile network with about
> 27 million customers.
>
> The firms said the deal would result in an additional investment of
> £11bn in the UK.
>
> But the Competition and Markets Authority's (CMA) deputy chief economic
> adviser Julie Bon said she had "identified concerns which could lead to
> higher prices for customers and lower investment in UK mobile networks.
>
> "These warrant an in-depth investigation unless Vodafone and Three can
> come forward with solutions.""

27m? Is that 27m users or 27m phones and considerably less users?