Keep the number of passes in a compiler to a minimum. -- D. Gries

aus+uk / uk.telecom.broadband / Re: Most painless way to move to VOIP?

SubjectAuthor
* Most painless way to move to VOIP?Chris Green
+* Re: Most painless way to move to VOIP?Davey
|+* Re: Most painless way to move to VOIP?Woody
||+* Re: Most painless way to move to VOIP?Chris Green
|||`* Re: Most painless way to move to VOIP?Tweed
||| `* Re: Most painless way to move to VOIP?Tim+
|||  `* Re: Most painless way to move to VOIP?Davey
|||   `* Re: Most painless way to move to VOIP?Davey
|||    `* Re: Most painless way to move to VOIP?Tim+
|||     `* Re: Most painless way to move to VOIP?Davey
|||      `* Re: Most painless way to move to VOIP?Tweed
|||       +- Re: Most painless way to move to VOIP?Tim+
|||       `- Re: Most painless way to move to VOIP?Davey
||`* Re: Most painless way to move to VOIP?Peter Johnson
|| +- Re: Most painless way to move to VOIP?Tim+
|| `- Re: Most painless way to move to VOIP?Graham J
|`* Re: Most painless way to move to VOIP?Chris Green
| +* Re: Most painless way to move to VOIP?Davey
| |`- Re: Most painless way to move to VOIP?Ken
| +- Re: Most painless way to move to VOIP?David Wade
| `* Re: Most painless way to move to VOIP?Bob Eager
|  `- Re: Most painless way to move to VOIP?Chris Green
+* Re: Most painless way to move to VOIP?Marco Moock
|`- Re: Most painless way to move to VOIP?Chris Green
+- Re: Most painless way to move to VOIP?Andy Burns
+* Re: Most painless way to move to VOIP?Graham J
|`* Re: Most painless way to move to VOIP?Theo
| `- Re: Most painless way to move to VOIP?Theo
`- Re: Most painless way to move to VOIP?Malcolm Loades

Pages:12
Re: Most painless way to move to VOIP?

<uv6ri6$15p4n$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15277&group=uk.telecom.broadband#15277

From: nob...@nowhere.co.uk (Graham J)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.broadband
Subject: Re: Most painless way to move to VOIP?
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2024 21:07:28 +0100
 by: Graham J - Wed, 10 Apr 2024 20:07 UTC

Peter Johnson wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Apr 2024 16:50:15 +0100, Woody <harrogate3@ntlworld.com>
> wrote:
>

>> Difficulty of Zen is that they no longer provide email handling
>
> Are you sure about this? Is it a new thing?
> I've been with Zen for only two years and have (usused) email, and
> access to some webspace.

Yes.

Zen discontinued email for new customers over a year ago. I don't think
they ever offered IMAP, or autodiscovery.

I set up a new FTTP service with them, and the customer portal showed
email details, FTP settings, and web page - but none of them worked. I
rang to complain and they enabled the email facility.

--
Graham J

Re: Most painless way to move to VOIP?

<103663749.734474390.969717.timdownieuk-yahoo.co.youkay@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15278&group=uk.telecom.broadband#15278

From: timdowni...@yahoo.co.youkay (Tim+)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.broadband
Date: 10 Apr 2024 21:11:28 GMT
<uv6ksm$142t9$1@dont-email.me>
 by: Tim+ - Wed, 10 Apr 2024 21:11 UTC

Tweed <usenet.tweed@gmail.com> wrote:
> Davey <davey@example.invalid> wrote:
>> On 10 Apr 2024 08:42:53 GMT
>> Tim+ <timdownieuk@yahoo.co.youkay> wrote:

>>> I suppose they might argue that most of their customers are businesses
>>> rather than householders and hence the rule doesn’t apply?
>>>
>>> Tim
>>>

>> "You might say that, I couldn't possibly comment" !
>>

> Did everyone miss the button marked “show prices including VAT” ?

Maybe just me! Thanks, I’ll have another look.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Re: Most painless way to move to VOIP?

<uv726s$17eno$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15279&group=uk.telecom.broadband#15279

From: dav...@example.invalid (Davey)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.broadband
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2024 23:00:57 +0100
<uv6ksm$142t9$1@dont-email.me>
 by: Davey - Wed, 10 Apr 2024 22:00 UTC

On Wed, 10 Apr 2024 18:13:42 -0000 (UTC)
Tweed <usenet.tweed@gmail.com> wrote:

> Davey <davey@example.invalid> wrote:
> > On 10 Apr 2024 08:42:53 GMT
> > Tim+ <timdownieuk@yahoo.co.youkay> wrote:

> >> I suppose they might argue that most of their customers are
> >> businesses rather than householders and hence the rule doesn’t
> >> apply?
> >>
> >> Tim
> >>

> > "You might say that, I couldn't possibly comment" !
> >

> Did everyone miss the button marked “show prices including VAT” ?

I didn't miss it, I didn't look for it. I was responding to the post.

--
Davey.

Re: Most painless way to move to VOIP?

<mq8f1jlnjjfdhet71v0brdnntgrlgv7o0b@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15280&group=uk.telecom.broadband#15280

From: ken...@birchanger.com (Ken)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.broadband
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 09:48:49 +0100
 by: Ken - Thu, 11 Apr 2024 08:48 UTC

On Tue, 9 Apr 2024 17:54:59 +0100, Davey <davey@example.invalid>
wrote:

>On Tue, 9 Apr 2024 17:15:42 +0100
>Chris Green <cl@isbd.net> wrote:
>
>> > I would suggest you look at Zen and see if they meet your
>> > requirements. In my experience, they are an excellent ISP.
>>
>> Yes, I know they are well recommended. However I couldn't find from
>> their website whether they offer a static IPV4 address nor even
>> whether they provide IPV6.
>>

>The Fast and Superfast Broadband offers, at least, include:
>
>"Static IP Address
>Access your computer and files from anywhere in the world."
>
>The also offer Hosting. I never use their e-mail service, so I don't
>know anything about it.

Hosting works well and support is good. I've been with Zen since
Gradwell shafted me well over a decade ago. But it's just a standard
cPanel setup.