From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Worst absolute poverty rise in 30 years
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2024 19:40:58 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 21 Mar 2024 19:40 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68625344

<quotes>

The energy price crisis caused the sharpest increase in UK absolute poverty in 30 years, new figures show.

Steep price rises, following Russia's invasion of Ukraine, meant hundreds of thousands more people fell into absolute poverty.

The figure jumped to 12 million in 2022-2023, a rise of 600,000.

Even more families would have fallen into absolute poverty had it not been for government support like the Cost of Living payments.

</quotes>

Thirteen years of tory rule, austerity, brexit, Biden's War on Russia, and putting the elite before the common people, has put almost a fifth into absolute poverty. Many millions more are living in poverty.

It's not surprising the UK scores so badly on happiness ratings

And it's no surprise there is so much nationalistic sentiment when the government hands out billions to Ukrainian and Hong Kong refugees, will contribute billions to the War on Russia and Israel's slaughter of Palestinians, while neglecting our own.

Re: Worst absolute poverty rise in 30 years

<ns1LN.544345$Ama9.177710@fx12.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15318&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#15318

Subject: Re: Worst absolute poverty rise in 30 years
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2024 17:16:03 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Thu, 21 Mar 2024 21:16 UTC

Fact

As the % of hungry darkskins increases, so does the poverty rate.

Re: Worst absolute poverty rise in 30 years

<20240321214644.00000b4b@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15322&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#15322

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2024 21:46:44 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 21 Mar 2024 21:46 UTC

On Thu, 21 Mar 2024 17:16:03 -0400
JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> Fact
>
> As the % of hungry darkskins increases, so does the poverty rate.

Provide evidence. Just saying it's so doesn't make it so.

Re: Worst absolute poverty rise in 30 years

<Eg2LN.544347$Ama9.475133@fx12.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15324&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#15324

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2024 18:11:48 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Thu, 21 Mar 2024 22:11 UTC

The Happy Hippy wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Mar 2024 17:16:03 -0400
> JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:
>
>> Fact
>>
>> As the % of hungry darkskins increases, so does the poverty rate.
>
> Provide evidence. Just saying it's so doesn't make it so.
>

> About 220,000 Pakistani people and nearly 200,000 Bangladeshi people are among the most deprived 10% of the population

Don't think half a million muslim grifters, out of many more, on your
little island increases the poverty rate ?

How much do you estimate that is costs to feed, house, clothe, educate,
pay medical expense for and generally subsidize half a million muslims
every year ?
Granted, USA is going through the same, and worse, with the millions of
3rd world trash the Bolsheviks ushered over the border, but our much
higher GDP and near non existent accounting allows them to mask the
strain, for now.

Re: Worst absolute poverty rise in 30 years

<20240321231431.00006da9@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15329&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#15329

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2024 23:14:31 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 21 Mar 2024 23:14 UTC

On Thu, 21 Mar 2024 18:11:48 -0400
JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> > About 220,000 Pakistani people and nearly 200,000 Bangladeshi
> > people are among the most deprived 10% of the population
>
> Don't think half a million muslim grifters

Where is your evidence that they are grifters ?

Are you also claiming that all whites in poverty are grifters ?

Re: Worst absolute poverty rise in 30 years

<XM7LN.140912$hN14.121392@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15338&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#15338

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism