From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Spinning tragedy for western gain
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 18:04:48 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 18:04 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-68646375

<quotes>

The 7 March warning from the US to its own citizens was unusually specific. It talked of reports that "extremists" had "imminent plans to target large gatherings in Moscow" and specifically mentioned concerts. It advised Americans in the city to avoid large gatherings over the coming 48 hours.

The timing may not quite match, but other details do tally closely with events on 22 March. It seems clear Washington had some kind of intelligence and that it related to Islamic State (IS) - the group that has issued a statement saying it was behind the Moscow attack.

As well as the public warning to its own citizens, the US also said it had communicated with the Russian government directly.

The problem is that Moscow dismissed the warnings.

We do not yet know the exact nature of the information the US possessed or passed or how clear it was. Intelligence can often be vague and hard to act on.

</quotes>

Given, as is admitted, that we don't know what was passed to Russia, nor have evidence that anything credible was passed on, it's hard to justify "Moscow dismissed the warnings".

To say it's clear that the warning related to Islamic State is just post-fact bullshit - The warnings never detailed where the threat was supposedly coming from and were rather generic. Which seems to have been part of the problem.

One of the most contemporaneous reports appears to be, complete with their usual editorialising demonisations -

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13172711/extremist-attack-imminent-moscow-concerts-embassy.html

<quote>

The warning from US ambassador Lynne M. Tracy echoed by UK envoy Nigel Casey was interpreted by leading Putin propagandist Margarita Simonyan - head of the RT media empire - as warning of 'terrorist attacks'.

'The US and British embassies warned of the threat of terrorist attacks on March 8 in Moscow,' she said.

Anti-Western Simonyan urged the embassies: 'If you have specific information, it must be passed on through the intelligence services.

'I hope you did. And if not, then this is complicity.'

</quote>

The west throws this kind of shit about all the time in its campaign of destabilising Russia so it's not surprising if Russia dismissed it as just more of the same.

If the Kremlin were to lock down Russia on the basis of every vague western assertion we would have them over a barrel and both sides know that.

It's like repeatedly warning there will be a mass school shooting in America, then opportunistically claiming America deliberately ignored that warning when one does eventually happen after a warming was given.

Re: Spinning tragedy for western gain

<PqFLN.452188$vFZa.364585@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15371&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#15371

Subject: Re: Spinning tragedy for western gain
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 14:45:01 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 18:45 UTC

The Happy Hippy wrote:

> it's hard to justify "Moscow dismissed the warnings".

No its not, thats just made up bullshit - He is on record dismissing the
warnings

https://www.iranintl.com/en/202403233923

> If the Kremlin were to lock down Russia on the basis of every vague western assertion we would have them over a barrel and both sides know that.

Doesn't appear to have been vague to me, it was specific, even warning
about large gatherings such as CONCERTS and an accurate time frame -
Then again, I have a functioning brain and am
not a beholden putin fan boy