Subject: Life and Death (was - Anyone recognise this OS?)
Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: Dav...@nomail.afraid.org (David Brooks)
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2023 13:22:08 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Fri, 31 Mar 2023 12:22 UTC

On 31/03/2023 12:02, FromTheRafters wrote:

> Well, it is slightly off topic, but it is a good thing to know about
> since it can scare you half to death if you have no clue what could be
> going on.

Talking to my neighbour, Clive, has /already/ scared me half to death!

It is believed that the therapy he had 10 years ago to cure his then
prostate cancer has had an impact on his now current situation -
assessed as being bladder cancer ..... and inoperable. :-(

He's been fitted with a catheter and a bag strapped to his left leg
because, he's said, small 'clots' moving downwards from his bladder pass
more easily through his penis (and cause less pain and discomfort).

He's slowly coming to terms with his terminal condition.

https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/coping/dying-with-cancer/coping-with-the-news/finding-out-you-are-dying

I once met a lady who runs a Death Cafe on a narrowboat.
I found this TED lecture she has given recently:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edhapKKTb5I&t=0

I'd welcome your thoughts on what she has to say.

--
David

Re: Life and Death (was - Anyone recognise this OS?)

<9wAVL.1071425$t5W7.827723@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15400&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#15400

Subject: Re: Life and Death (was - Anyone recognise this OS?)
Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: Dav...@nomail.afraid.org (David Brooks)
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2023 13:39:32 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Fri, 31 Mar 2023 12:39 UTC

On 31/03/2023 13:22, David Brooks wrote:
> On 31/03/2023 12:02, FromTheRafters wrote:
>
>> Well, it is slightly off topic, but it is a good thing to know about
>> since it can scare you half to death if you have no clue what could be
>> going on.
>
> Talking to my neighbour, Clive, has /already/ scared me half to death!
>
> It is believed that the therapy he had 10 years ago to cure his then
> prostate cancer has had an impact on his now current situation -
> assessed as being bladder cancer ..... and inoperable. :-(
>
> He's been fitted with a catheter and a bag strapped to his left leg
> because, he's said, small 'clots' moving downwards from his bladder pass
> more easily through his penis (and cause less pain and discomfort).
>
> He's slowly coming to terms with his terminal condition.
>
> https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/coping/dying-with-cancer/coping-with-the-news/finding-out-you-are-dying
>
> I once met a lady who runs a Death Cafe on a narrowboat.
> I found this TED lecture she has given recently:-
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edhapKKTb5I&t=0
>
> I'd welcome your thoughts on what she has to say.

Addendum:-

I'd also like to introduce you to Sue's website, here:-

https://suebrayne.co.uk/death-and-dying/

Some may think this subject is off-topic - but it isn't!

EVERY reader here will be effected one fine day. That is a FACT!

--
Kind regards,
David