From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: America betrays Israel
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 16:59:01 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Mon, 25 Mar 2024 16:59 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-68658415

<quotes>

The UN Security Council has called for an "immediate ceasefire" in Gaza, after the US did not veto the measure in a shift from its previous position.

The resolution also demands the immediate and unconditional release of all hostages.

The US abstained from the vote, while the remainder of the council's 15 members voted in favour.

</quotes>

Biden couldn't bring himself to support the resolution which would have struck Israel like a lightning bolt, but it's a clear sign of frustration from Israel's number one bitch.

I am sure there will be a frosty phone call with Netanyahu when Biden is called upon to explain himself. Admitting he had to put his own interests ahead of Israel won't go down well, even if he promises to do all he can to let Israel's murder continue.

Re: America betrays Israel

<20240325171132.0000093b@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15435&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#15435

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Re: America betrays Israel
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 17:11:32 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Mon, 25 Mar 2024 17:11 UTC

And this was from yesterday - I can't believe Melanie Phillips will be any happier today -

https://www.israeltoday.co.il/read/the-american-betrayal-of-israel/

<quotes>

The American betrayal of Israel

The suggestion that Israel is no better than Hamas is a pernicious lie spread by those who want Israel gone.

As some of us have long feared and that has now become undeniable, Israel is fighting not one but two wars of defense against a malevolent foe.

The first is against the axis of Iran and its proxies: Hamas, Hezbollah and the Houthis of Yemen. The second is against America.

America could end this war tomorrow by telling the Qataris that unless they instruct Hamas to surrender and release the hostages, Qatar will forfeit its preferential treatment by the United States and will henceforth be treated instead as an international pariah.

Instead, America is feeding Israel into the Qatari jaws.

America’s action is so preposterous it’s hard to believe. Yet in any event, the Biden administration has already pivoted from supporting the destruction of Hamas to working for its ultimate victory.

A common explanation for this shocking American reversal is that, in this election year, President Joe Biden has to play to the anti-Israel gallery in the Democratic Party.

Maybe so; but rather more significant is the endemic hostility to Israel within the administration, and above all, its pathological hatred of Israel’s prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, whom the administration is astonishingly trying to push out.

</quotes>

Phillips keeping up her reputation for rabid propagandising deserves applause. It's Isareli fascism at its best; if you are not with us you are against us.

Re: America betrays Israel

<hwiMN.678972$xHn7.541818@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15437&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#15437

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 13:29:48 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Mon, 25 Mar 2024 17:29 UTC

The Happy Hippy wrote:
> And this was from yesterday - I can't believe Melanie Phillips will be any happier today -
>
> https://www.israeltoday.co.il/read/the-american-betrayal-of-israel/
>
> <quotes>
>
> The American betrayal of Israel
>
> The suggestion that Israel is no better than Hamas is a pernicious lie spread by those who want Israel gone.
>
> As some of us have long feared and that has now become undeniable, Israel is fighting not one but two wars of defense against a malevolent foe.
>
> The first is against the axis of Iran and its proxies: Hamas, Hezbollah and the Houthis of Yemen. The second is against America.
>
> America could end this war tomorrow by telling the Qataris that unless they instruct Hamas to surrender and release the hostages, Qatar will forfeit its preferential treatment by the United States and will henceforth be treated instead as an international pariah.
>
> Instead, America is feeding Israel into the Qatari jaws.
>
> America’s action is so preposterous it’s hard to believe. Yet in any event, the Biden administration has already pivoted from supporting the destruction of Hamas to working for its ultimate victory.
>
> A common explanation for this shocking American reversal is that, in this election year, President Joe Biden has to play to the anti-Israel gallery in the Democratic Party.
>
> Maybe so; but rather more significant is the endemic hostility to Israel within the administration, and above all, its pathological hatred of Israel’s prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, whom the administration is astonishingly trying to push out.
>
> </quotes>
>
> Phillips keeping up her reputation for rabid propagandising deserves applause. It's Isareli fascism at its best; if you are not with us you are against us.

Sorry to break the news, but we don't line in a world with 1 view.

Asking why Qatar is allowed a free pass on its blatant subsidization of
terrorists, playing both sides of the fence and reaping huge dividends
for doing so, is a legit question.