From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: ISIS in Ukraine
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 14:48:08 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 28 Mar 2024 14:48 UTC

https://thecradle.co/articles-id/4420

<quotes>

March 2022

Since the start of Russia's special military operation in Ukraine, hundreds of members of Al-Qaeda and ISIS have reportedly been transferred to fight in Ukraine

At least 87 former members of ISIS were allegedly transferred to the Syrian-Turkish border on 26 March under the direct supervision of the leader of the Hayat Tahrir al-Sham (HTS) armed group, Abu Mohammad al-Julani.

On 8 March, 450 HTS militants arrived in Ukraine to join the fight against the Russian army.

</quotes>

So how many ISIS fighters are in Ukraine fighting Russia ?

Is the number four less than it was a week ago ?

Re: ISIS in Ukraine

<660b0d0d$1$19603$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15608&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#15608

From: ngspamme...@yahoo.com (TWP)
Subject: Re: ISIS in Ukraine
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: 01 Apr 2024 19:37:49 GMT
 by: TWP - Mon, 1 Apr 2024 19:37 UTC

On Thu, 28 Mar 2024 14:48:08 +0000, The Happy Hippy wrote:

> https://thecradle.co/articles-id/4420
>
> <quotes>
>
> March 2022
>
> Since the start of Russia's special military operation in Ukraine,
> hundreds of members of Al-Qaeda and ISIS have reportedly been
> transferred to fight in Ukraine
>
> At least 87 former members of ISIS were allegedly transferred to the
> Syrian-Turkish border on 26 March under the direct supervision of the
> leader of the Hayat Tahrir al-Sham (HTS) armed group, Abu Mohammad
> al-Julani.
>
> On 8 March, 450 HTS militants arrived in Ukraine to join the fight
> against the Russian army.
>
> </quotes>
>
> So how many ISIS fighters are in Ukraine fighting Russia ?
>
> Is the number four less than it was a week ago ?

I've heard some doubt being cast on the attackers being from ISIS because
they didn't die in the attack but maybe sometimes suicide isn't Plan A.

I'm not convinced this was backed by Ukraine even if the enemy of my enemy
is my friend, but I may be in the future.