Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Sudden Stop Play Want Bin (PWBE 22 May 2023)
From: kendr...@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Mon, 22 May 2023 00:13:45 +0000
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Mon, 22 May 2023 00:13 UTC

In a sane world I'd gently step aside and allow one of the other
newsgroup regulars to start the thread. As there's only one other
regular, I will take on this traditional responsibility in spite of
myself.

Play:
--=--

Nothing (RL) - The whole weekend was spent on gardening and childcare.
That's not really a complaint, I've done more than enough gaming through
the month to maintain my nerd credibility. This is a different brand of
ennui though, in that I'm fearful that I can't sit and have time to
myself for more than ten minutes without some crisis or terrifying
emergency coming up. I suppose that problem solves itself with enough
time or drink.

Want:
--=--

A day off to play more games (RL) - That's today. There's a meeting at
the school, and then I'm going to try and find a game I can immerse
myself in that doesn't keep me from remembering a veterinary
appointment.

Bin:
-==-

Nothing game-related

Expenditure:
-----=-----

Balance forward - $2,391

Bibliothek der klassichen Buecher (DS) - $14
Space Hulk Tactics (PS4) - $9

Total to date - $2,414

-KKC, who has also ordered a new mobile under some duress.

Re: Sudden Stop Play Want Bin (PWBE 22 May 2023)

<kEHaM.4782909$US27.599450@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1573&group=uk.games.video.misc#1573

From: zgedn...@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com (Russell Marks)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Re: Sudden Stop Play Want Bin (PWBE 22 May 2023)
Date: Mon, 22 May 2023 10:40:16 GMT
 by: Russell Marks - Mon, 22 May 2023 10:40 UTC

> In a sane world I'd gently step aside and allow one of the other
> newsgroup regulars to start the thread. As there's only one other
> regular, I will take on this traditional responsibility in spite of
> myself.

:-)

> Play:

Tetris Attack (SNES) - in shocking news, back on this old thing again.
Which is clearly not over 25 years old. Surely. What.

> Want:

A few of the Capcom retro games that are on sale on PSN at under a
quid each, as DLC for Capcom Arcade Stadium (PS4) - despite not being
too keen on them selling the games in this way, as often it seems to
put me off buying anything. It's mainly Giga Wing that caught my eye,
I'm pretty sure that and/or the sequel was something I considered
getting on the Dreamcast years ago.

> Bin:

Apparently not having mentioned Capcom Arcade Stadium before. Huh.
Well it's a free download so I tried it a while back. It mostly acts
as an advert for buying the games individually via DLC, with one game
included free - 1943 IIRC. This game I'd never liked much was still a
game I didn't like much, but the emulation seemed basically ok.

-Rus.

aus+uk / uk.games.video.misc / Sudden Stop Play Want Bin (PWBE 22 May 2023)