Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Missing Scottish Money Play Want Bin (PWBE 12 Jun 2023)
From: kendr...@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 00:08:23 +0000
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Mon, 12 Jun 2023 00:08 UTC

You know, when you look at the amounts that they're talking about the
SNP has misplaced it seems like such small potatoes next to what
American political operations seem to lose every single day.

Play:
--=--

Pac Man Special Colour Edition (GBC) - So it's Pac Man. Whee. Apart from
that you get a black background and all the correct colours there isn't
really enough here to have distinguished it from the previous regular
GameBoy release, wot I already own. I really should have traded in my
store credit points for something more rare or more exciting.

Solar Striker (GB) - Not sure this was going to fit the bill either. I'm
sort of surprised to learn both that I never owned this cart before, and
that it's not based on a previous arcade or console title. It's a
perfectly fine vertical schmup, and I sort of feel like this would have
been considered an exemplary entry in the genre at the time.

Want:
--=--

A fifth Playstation 3 (PS3) - I do not need to have a fifth Playstation
3. Even if I were to buy one for a ridiculously affordable price I don't
have five (mostly) identical HDMI monitors onto which I could extend a
Gran Turismo 5 or Gran Turismo 6 play session. So expect me to report on
doing exactly that in a few weeks.

Bin:
-==-

Nothing game-related

Expenditure:
-----=-----

Balance forward - $2,450

-KKC, who spent too much time gardening too.

Re: Missing Scottish Money Play Want Bin (PWBE 12 Jun 2023)

<G3KhM.179970$qGQb.137166@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1580&group=uk.games.video.misc#1580

From: zgedn...@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com (Russell Marks)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 19:09:26 GMT
 by: Russell Marks - Mon, 12 Jun 2023 19:09 UTC

> Play:

Minetest (Linux) - a bit of randomness on this. Whenever I come back
to it, I always seem to end up spending half the time just wandering
around and/or revisiting my various bases. :-)

Tetris Attack (SNES) - more Attacking of the Tetris. How exactly this
is done in a game which features precisely zero tetrominoes is a
mystery Nintendo left curiously unexplored.

> Want:

Nothing.

> A fifth Playstation 3

Presumably these will join forces to form a PS3 mech.

> Bin:

Minetest (and Minecraft) AFAIK not letting you carry around a torch as
a mobile light source. Despite effectively having to... carry around
torches. To be placed for use as light sources.

-Rus.

Re: Missing Scottish Money Play Want Bin (PWBE 12 Jun 2023)

<ker5bgFub29U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1581&group=uk.games.video.misc#1581

From: jai...@usually.sessile.org (Jaimie Vandenbergh)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Date: 13 Jun 2023 12:22:08 GMT
 by: Jaimie Vandenbergh - Tue, 13 Jun 2023 12:22 UTC

On 12 Jun 2023 at 01:08:23 BST, "Kendrick Kerwin Chua"
<kendrick@nospam.io-nyc> wrote:

> You know, when you look at the amounts that they're talking about the
> SNP has misplaced it seems like such small potatoes next to what
> American political operations seem to lose every single day.

Everything's bigger in America, we know...

> Play:
> --=--

Nothing but Tears of the Kingdom, where I am mostly noodling. It is a
good game to noodle in. Currently trying to gather sand seal fuzzy toys.

> Want:
> --=--
>
> A fifth Playstation 3 (PS3) - I do not need to have a fifth Playstation
> 3. Even if I were to buy one for a ridiculously affordable price I don't
> have five (mostly) identical HDMI monitors onto which I could extend a
> Gran Turismo 5 or Gran Turismo 6 play session. So expect me to report on
> doing exactly that in a few weeks.

Definitely silly, but also yes. You should ask work if they have a pile
old 24" screens lying around that you could borrow.

> Bin:
> -==-
>
> Nothing game-related

Aye, as usual. Currently scaffolding is the thing I would bin. In its
seventh week now, and the actual roof work took six days.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
The square root of rope is string. -- Core 3, Valve

aus+uk / uk.games.video.misc / Re: Missing Scottish Money Play Want Bin (PWBE 12 Jun 2023)