Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Yank Bank Holiday Play Want Bin (PWBE 19 Jun 2023)
From: kendr...@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2023 01:11:27 +0000
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Mon, 19 Jun 2023 01:11 UTC

Yes, I'm having a bank holiday so I'm still playing...

Play:
--=--

Daggerfall Unity (PC) - Well, I don't know what I was expecting, but a
complete rendering of the whole original PC codebase in a
higher-resolution virtual container wasn't quite it. The game only
barely supports modern controllers, in that all your attacks and menu
selection and inventory management still happens at the keyboard, and no
Xbox controller has enough buttons to duplicate all of the functions. So
I got just as far with this current version of the game as I did with
the old one, which is to say I got killed by a rat before I ever left
the tutorial.

Code Vein (PS4) - Finally gave this a go after buying three copies, one
for each major platform. This is as weeaboo as any game comes, but once
you get past that there's an interesting twist on the Souls-like genre
happening here. It follows all the same rules (die, respawn, retrieve
your points, fight again) but it's spinning an incredibly interesting
story about the end of the world out of that structure. Being set in a
modern post-apocalypse where people are confronted with scarcity and
learning what really matters to them, the game is telling the story that
Nier Automata tried and failed to render with any seriousness. I'm
making my way through the second major boss character, which is clearly
optional because I can skip past it to go further into the main story,
but I have to see what happens next and what other bits of narrative are
being uncovered. I'm officially hooked.

Want:
--=--

A fifth Playstation 3 (PS3) - I do not need to have a fifth Playstation
3, and I didn't end up buying one last week as I threatened to. It turns
out these things are ridiculously common and that I should have no
problem procuring a fifth one at any later date, so I'm going to be
patient. Or I'm going to get drunk, whichever comes first.

Bin:
-==-

Nothing game-related

Expenditure:
-----=-----

Balance forward - $2,450

-KKC, who still can't shake his cold.

Re: Yank Bank Holiday Play Want Bin (PWBE 19 Jun 2023)

<yzZjM.295332$eqy8.24567@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1583&group=uk.games.video.misc#1583

From: zgedn...@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com (Russell Marks)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Re: Yank Bank Holiday Play Want Bin (PWBE 19 Jun 2023)
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2023 14:25:34 GMT
 by: Russell Marks - Mon, 19 Jun 2023 14:25 UTC

> Play:

Oekaki Puzzle (PS1) - apparently it's over a year since I last played
this... anyway, just did some 10x10 puzzles. It's probably best not to
dwell on the fact that I must still have many 15x15s left, and
seemingly haven't done any of the 200 20x20 puzzles yet.

> Want:

We Love Katamari So Much We Added Some Random Words (PS4) - WLK
presumably ported in similar fashion to the first game, in this case
with some bonus tweaked versions of the levels or something.

> Bin:

Nothing.

-Rus.

aus+uk / uk.games.video.misc / Re: Yank Bank Holiday Play Want Bin (PWBE 19 Jun 2023)