From: zgedn...@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com (Russell Marks)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Play Want Bin 2023-06-26
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2023 19:53:48 GMT
 by: Russell Marks - Mon, 26 Jun 2023 19:53 UTC

Play:

Oekaki Puzzle (PS1) - some more puzzles on this.

Want:

Nothing.

Bin:

Having to guess on another OP puzzle. Apparently this is (or can be)
an alternative style of nonogram to the strict logic-only kind you get
in e.g. the Nintendo/Jupiter Picross games, but you have to wonder if
the developers were really taking that approach intentionally in this
case. And I can't say I'm keen on it either way.

-Rus.

Re: Play Want Bin 2023-06-26

<DGSdnYLn3YsbvAf5nZ2dnZfqn_idnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1585&group=uk.games.video.misc#1585

Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Re: Play Want Bin 2023-06-26
From: kendr...@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2023 23:38:46 +0000
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Mon, 26 Jun 2023 23:38 UTC

In article <g1mmM.503309$eqy8.431653@usenetxs.com>,
Russell Marks <zgedneil@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com> wrote:
>Play:

Air Conditioning Repair (RL) - Apparently one go-round in March wasn't
enough, so I had to do it again yesterday and today. I didn't realise
until just now that I technically didn't get any sleep from all of the
late night diagnosis I was doing. The worst case scenario was a failing
fan (priced at about $900 or so) but it turned out to be only a
capacitor (for a somewhat more reasonable $350). I need a nap now.

Nintendo Switch Updates (NSW) - Let's plug all my cartridges into the
OLED Switch so that I can download the game updates because you can't
just transfer those from an existing console for some reason. And now
let's not play any of those games because I have Toby's disease, where I
just set up the circumstances whereby play can happen and then never
actually let it happen.

>Want:

Moar thyme - I did get enough gaming in earlier in the week to have
things to discuss on the podcast this month, but I am beat from hot
weather and anxiety.

>Bin:

The Expenditure section this week, as I didn't buy anything and I can't
be arsed to look up my current spend for the year.

-KKC, zzzzz.

Re: Play Want Bin 2023-06-26

<E9xmM.469493$qGQb.374733@fx14.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1586&group=uk.games.video.misc#1586

Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
From: nnt...@removeme.ilovesausag.es (richneptune)
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2023 08:33:40 GMT
 by: richneptune - Tue, 27 Jun 2023 08:33 UTC

On 2023-06-26, our chum 'Russell Marks' wrote:
> Play:

Horizon Chase Turbo (Switch) - A mate let me know it was on sale so
thought I'd give it a punt as it was only a few quid. Quite impressed
how it's nailed the sweet spot between Outrun 2, Daytona and Ridge
Racer. A bit silly, clean crisp graphics and good fun!

> Want:

To feel like I want to play Zelda TotK. Every follow up to a major Zelda
game in the same hardware generation (e.g. Majora, Twilight Princess) I
don't seem to enjoy that much, and the same seems to have happened with
TotK. I *know* it's an awesome game, but I just can't get into it as
obsessively as I did BotW.

> Bin:

Cancer. One friend hopefully in remission and an ex-colleague now in a
really bad way. Neither of them deserve this shit.

Reddit. Deleted all my useful content and now I'm sniffing around
usenet and Lemmy.

Re: Play Want Bin 2023-06-26

<kg0dq0Fns8jU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1587&group=uk.games.video.misc#1587

From: jai...@usually.sessile.org (Jaimie Vandenbergh)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Date: 27 Jun 2023 15:33:20 GMT
 by: Jaimie Vandenbergh - Tue, 27 Jun 2023 15:33 UTC

On 26 Jun 2023 at 20:53:48 BST, "Russell Marks"
<zgedneil@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com> wrote:

> Play:

Barely anything lately - just the daily rogule and sumpletes, really.
Tiny bit of TotK, but I'm at the entrance to what's widely mentioned as
the worst temple and I need to gird my loins and get on with it.

> Want:

Pikmin 4 is the only incoming thing I'm really into.

> Bin:

Having enough energy to chat about gamey things, but not enough to play
any.

Cheers - Jaimie

--
"It's made of people?"
"There's already a drink like that - Soylent Cola."

aus+uk / uk.games.video.misc / Re: Play Want Bin 2023-06-26