Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Nordic Orkney Play Want Bin (PWBE 3 Jul 2023)
From: kendr...@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2023 23:08:42 +0000
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Sun, 2 Jul 2023 23:08 UTC

I had no idea the Orkneys weren't always part of Scotland. Are they
breaking away because they want back in the EU or something?

Play:
--=--

Castlevania Collection (NSW) - Or whatever it is they called it. Mostly
I spent time in Castlevania II Simon's Quest, which may still be my
favourite of the 8-bit titles if not of the whole series. There's
something pure about the grinding and the signpost NPCs and the hidden
rooms that just isn't nearly as charming in all of the games that came
after. I'm perfectly willing to chalk that up to NES nostalgia more than
anything, although now I can't seem to remember if there's any in-game
penalty for continuing after losing all one's lives.

Want:
--=--

A fifth Playstation 3 (PS3) - Ooh, the game store I like to order from
online has some of these at competitive prices. And they include
brand-new controllers, although they do tend to be weird third-party
ones that have just never been opened. Still haven't pulled the trigger,
mind.

Bin:
-==-

Nothing game-related

Expenditure:
-----=-----

Balance forward - $2,450

-KKC, who hopes his PS2 fighting joystick still works.

Re: Nordic Orkney Play Want Bin (PWBE 3 Jul 2023)

<PxDoM.96081$5Hs.79122@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1590&group=uk.games.video.misc#1590

From: zgedn...@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com (Russell Marks)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Re: Nordic Orkney Play Want Bin (PWBE 3 Jul 2023)
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2023 17:27:11 GMT
 by: Russell Marks - Mon, 3 Jul 2023 17:27 UTC

> I had no idea the Orkneys weren't always part of Scotland. Are they
> breaking away because they want back in the EU or something?

Reading between the lines it seems to mostly be about money.

(Having sorted out my PWB pay increase months ago, obviously I now
feel obliged to do the traditional thing and call anyone else's
attempt to get more money greedy and irresponsible. :-))

> Play:

Oekaki Puzzle (PS1) - more of the puzzling, including my first 20x20
puzzle in this. Not because I've finished all the ones before it, but
because you can jump to any puzzle you want so I figured I'd try one.

> Want:

Nothing.

> Bin:

Inevitably, that 20x20 puzzle requiring a guess. Bah.

-Rus.

aus+uk / uk.games.video.misc / Nordic Orkney Play Want Bin (PWBE 3 Jul 2023)