Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Play Want Bin Elections (PWBE 24 Jul 2023)
From: kendr...@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2023 23:18:33 +0000
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Sun, 23 Jul 2023 23:18 UTC

So clearly Spain, Cambodia, and Selby people are ready to hear new
voices and new ideas but will keep voting in the same bunch of clowns
who are just wearing slightly different suits and haircuts. I'm
perfectly comfortable making that generalisation as the foreign observer
who has no actual idea what he's looking at or talking about. :)

Play:
--=--

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection (NSW) - This is
pretty nice. Mindless and brawly in the way that Konami is only ever
going to be known for historically, as opposed to a lovely thing that
people expect of them now. I hate being cynical about that, but the
reason that every last one of these games is 20 (or more) years old is
all the information you need to conclude that they don't make them like
this anymore. The arcade ports are clearly the best part of the game, if
only because you can keep cramming virtual coins into the virtual slots
to keep playing as much as you want to.

Want:
--=--

Aerobiz (MD) - Koei's bizarre strategy RPG where you're in charge of an
airline spawned a sequel and at least a half dozen fan mods. It is
clearly criminal that the game hasn't been remastered or re-released on
a modern platform, although if they did do anything like that it'd be
some kind of microtransaction hellscape full of ways to trade real world
money for in-world currency. So maybe I don't really want a new version
of this so much as I just need to have the Megadrive cart for an
exorbitant price.

More time (RL) - I spent a ridiculous amount of time this week on
gardening and car maintenance. As one does. I should have put more time
into Code Vein but for parenting.

Bin:
-==-

Nothing gaming-related.

Expenditure:
-----=-----

Balance forward - $3,016

-KKC, who has too much work to do on a Monday.

Re: Play Want Bin Elections (PWBE 24 Jul 2023)

<ki6sp9FbjmU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1599&group=uk.games.video.misc#1599

From: jai...@usually.sessile.org (Jaimie Vandenbergh)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Re: Play Want Bin Elections (PWBE 24 Jul 2023)
Date: 24 Jul 2023 08:58:17 GMT
 by: Jaimie Vandenbergh - Mon, 24 Jul 2023 08:58 UTC

On 24 Jul 2023 at 00:18:33 BST, "Kendrick Kerwin Chua"
<kendrick@nospam.io-nyc> wrote:

> So clearly Spain, Cambodia, and Selby people are ready to hear new
> voices and new ideas but will keep voting in the same bunch of clowns
> who are just wearing slightly different suits and haircuts. I'm
> perfectly comfortable making that generalisation as the foreign observer
> who has no actual idea what he's looking at or talking about. :)

Observing from Florida, though... it's not exactly an unfamiliar
situation for you!

> Play:
> --=--

Sea of Thieves but it's Monkey Island (Xbox, PMG) - played the first
couple of hours with Angus, and they've done a remarkably good job at
putting a point'n'click adventuring engine into SoT and a really good
job at recreating Melee Island.
The point'n'clickness is so strong that we got stuck for half an hour by
missing something extremely obvious and were running around trying
desperately to find an object that we already had in inventory... the
required mug is part of your standard SoT equipment radial gaaaaaaah.
Took us two hours to get to meeting The Governer so we paused for the
night. Not sure if the next session is going to be one cutscene long
before the episode ends, or have some more actual Mighty Pirating in.

> Want:
> --=--

Now my Internet (or rather the archaic analogue phone line it runs over)
is back in order, I need to download Pikmin 4

> Bin:
> -==-

The sudden fear that we were going to be without internet for a week or
more while new wires were run. I have no failover setup! Shall have to
organise something.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
Sent from my VAX 11/780

Re: Play Want Bin Elections (PWBE 24 Jul 2023)

<nmtvM.34097$yXa4.31834@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1600&group=uk.games.video.misc#1600

From: zgedn...@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com (Russell Marks)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 11:35:47 GMT
 by: Russell Marks - Mon, 24 Jul 2023 11:35 UTC

> Play:

Minecraft (PS4) - some exploration mostly. When an update adds a new
biome to this, to find that in an existing world you generally have to
go somewhere you haven't been before which happens to randomly have
it. So I'd been under the impression that I'd have to go quite a long
way to find a Cherry Grove biome (I think one plausible place I'd
looked up was over 3500 blocks from my usual base). As it turned out
though, I happened to find a tiny little patch of it a few hundred
blocks from a base I have near the End portal. Not ideal, but with six
trees there it was still good enough to get some saplings and grow
the trees elsewhere.

> Want:

Probably to get back to Oekaki Puzzle, if only so I can include my
standard moan about having to guess in it.

> Bin:

The way that "some exploration" in Minecraft can so easily make your
save 100MB bigger. Which is fine, but also, kind of not.

Running into that Four Horsemen thing in Minecraft again (this time
out in the open), surviving it, mounting one of the skeletal horses,
and heading to safety... but somehow managing to get the horse
destroyed by a creeper attack as I neared my base. Bah.

-Rus.

aus+uk / uk.games.video.misc / Play Want Bin Elections (PWBE 24 Jul 2023)