I'd like MY data-base JULIENNED and stir-fried!

aus+uk / aus.cars / Re: Oh, look. Another dubious car quality post

SubjectAuthor
* Oh, look. Another dubious car quality postNoddy
+* Re: Oh, look. Another dubious car quality postClocky
|`- Re: Oh, look. Another dubious car quality postXeno
+- Re: Oh, look. Another dubious car quality postXeno
+* Re: Oh, look. Another dubious car quality postDaryl
|+- Re: Oh, look. Another dubious car quality postXeno
|`* Re: Oh, look. Another dubious car quality postNoddy
| +* Re: Oh, look. Another dubious car quality postDaryl
| |`* Re: Oh, look. Another dubious car quality postNoddy
| | `* Re: Oh, look. Another dubious car quality postXeno
| |  `* Re: Oh, look. Another dubious car quality postClocky
| |   `* Re: Oh, look. Another dubious car quality postXeno
| |    `* Re: Oh, look. Another dubious car quality postYosemite Sam
| |     `- Re: Oh, look. Another dubious car quality postXeno
| `- Re: Oh, look. Another dubious car quality postXeno
+- Re: Oh, look. Another dubious car quality postalvey
`* Re: Oh, look. Another dubious car quality postPaul
 +- Re: Oh, look. Another dubious car quality postXeno
 `* Re: Oh, look. Another dubious car quality postClocky
  `- Re: Oh, look. Another dubious car quality postXeno

1
Oh, look. Another dubious car quality post

<t81755$kde$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16121&group=aus.cars#16121

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Oh, look. Another dubious car quality post
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 14:53:54 +1000
 by: Noddy - Sat, 11 Jun 2022 04:53 UTC

This time it's Holden. In particular, a VE Commodore.

I've linked to this car before, and not all that long ago. It belongs to
the son of the lady who used to clean my house. It's a 2009 VE Sedan,
that is falling apart around the poor kid as he drives it:

> https://www.imagebam.com/view/ME9FMZD

> https://www.imagebam.com/view/ME9FMZB

> https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEB7O32

> https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEB7OIK

This car is a *monstrous* heap of shit with all the build quality of
something made in China 20 years ago.

It got towed in here yesterday after it started running on 5 cylinders
and blowing enough fuel loaded white smoke to use the thing as a
chemical weapon.

Guess what's wrong with it now?

> https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEB7O2R

> https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEB7O2W

This car needs new injectors as one is stuck open, and apart from having
the most dick direct injection setup on the planet in terms of
maintenance the thing was running like a mortally wounded pig yet still
put up no fault code for the injector fault. It put up a code for
everything else, ranging from a no communication fault with the ABS
module to faults with the HVAC and radio, but nothing about the injector :)

This car has done 116 thousand km's.

> https://www.imagebam.com/view/ME9FMZA

Why anyone would want to own one of these miserable heaps of ridiculous
shit I have absolutely no idea...

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Oh, look. Another dubious car quality post

<t81816$3vt$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16124&group=aus.cars#16124

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: Oh, look. Another dubious car quality post
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 13:08:49 +0800
 by: Clocky - Sat, 11 Jun 2022 05:08 UTC

On 11/06/2022 12:53 pm, Noddy wrote:

> This time it's Holden. In particular, a VE Commodore.
>
> I've linked to this car before, and not all that long ago. It belongs to
> the son of the lady who used to clean my house. It's a 2009 VE Sedan,
> that is falling apart around the poor kid as he drives it:
>
>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/ME9FMZD
>
>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/ME9FMZB
>
>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEB7O32
>
>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEB7OIK
>
> This car is a *monstrous* heap of shit with all the build quality of
> something made in China 20 years ago.
>
> It got towed in here yesterday after it started running on 5 cylinders
> and blowing enough fuel loaded white smoke to use the thing as a
> chemical weapon.
>
> Guess what's wrong with it now?
>
>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEB7O2R
>
>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEB7O2W
>
> This car needs new injectors as one is stuck open, and apart from having
> the most dick direct injection setup on the planet in terms of
> maintenance the thing was running like a mortally wounded pig yet still
> put up no fault code for the injector fault. It put up a code for
> everything else, ranging from a no communication fault with the ABS
> module to faults with the HVAC and radio, but nothing about the injector :)
>
> This car has done 116 thousand km's.
>
>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/ME9FMZA
>
> Why anyone would want to own one of these miserable heaps of ridiculous
> shit I have absolutely no idea...

Dunno, but diagnosis takes seconds, fuel trim data being the obvious way
to diagnose this complaint just as it was with the last Commodore you
failed to diagnose in all of 5 mins it would take a competent person to
do so.

Anyway, maintenance is everything, as it is with every car.

I'd suggest it should be taken to a competent mechanic.

--
keith on the 7 Oct 2021 wrote;
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if

Re: Oh, look. Another dubious car quality post

<jgini6Fc4qdU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16125&group=aus.cars#16125

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 15:29:40 +1000
 by: Xeno - Sat, 11 Jun 2022 05:29 UTC

On 11/6/2022 3:08 pm, Clocky wrote:
> On 11/06/2022 12:53 pm, Noddy wrote:
>>
>> This time it's Holden. In particular, a VE Commodore.
>>
>> I've linked to this car before, and not all that long ago. It belongs
>> to the son of the lady who used to clean my house. It's a 2009 VE
>> Sedan, that is falling apart around the poor kid as he drives it:
>>
>>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/ME9FMZD
>>
>>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/ME9FMZB
>>
>>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEB7O32
>>
>>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEB7OIK
>>
>> This car is a *monstrous* heap of shit with all the build quality of
>> something made in China 20 years ago.
>>
>> It got towed in here yesterday after it started running on 5 cylinders
>> and blowing enough fuel loaded white smoke to use the thing as a
>> chemical weapon.
>>
>> Guess what's wrong with it now?
>>
>>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEB7O2R
>>
>>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEB7O2W
>>
>> This car needs new injectors as one is stuck open, and apart from
>> having the most dick direct injection setup on the planet in terms of
>> maintenance the thing was running like a mortally wounded pig yet
>> still put up no fault code for the injector fault. It put up a code
>> for everything else, ranging from a no communication fault with the
>> ABS module to faults with the HVAC and radio, but nothing about the
>> injector :)
>>
>> This car has done 116 thousand km's.
>>
>>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/ME9FMZA
>>
>> Why anyone would want to own one of these miserable heaps of
>> ridiculous shit I have absolutely no idea...
>>

> Dunno, but diagnosis takes seconds, fuel trim data being the obvious way
> to diagnose this complaint just as it was with the last Commodore you
> failed to diagnose in all of 5 mins it would take a competent person to
> do so.
>
> Anyway, maintenance is everything, as it is with every car.
>
> I'd suggest it should be taken to a competent mechanic.

I hope the kid's got deep pockets! He's likely to need a new engine
after Darren's been working on it.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Oh, look. Another dubious car quality post

<jgioacFc8dcU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16126&group=aus.cars#16126

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 15:42:34 +1000
 by: Xeno - Sat, 11 Jun 2022 05:42 UTC

On 11/6/2022 2:53 pm, Noddy wrote:

> This time it's Holden. In particular, a VE Commodore.
>
> I've linked to this car before, and not all that long ago. It belongs to
> the son of the lady who used to clean my house. It's a 2009 VE Sedan,
> that is falling apart around the poor kid as he drives it:
>
>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/ME9FMZD
>
>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/ME9FMZB
>
>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEB7O32
>
>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEB7OIK
>
> This car is a *monstrous* heap of shit with all the build quality of
> something made in China 20 years ago.
>
> It got towed in here yesterday after it started running on 5 cylinders
> and blowing enough fuel loaded white smoke to use the thing as a
> chemical weapon.
>
> Guess what's wrong with it now?
>
>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEB7O2R
>
>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEB7O2W
>
> This car needs new injectors as one is stuck open, and apart from having
> the most dick direct injection setup on the planet in terms of

What the hell would you know about the *design* of the Holden SIDI system?

> maintenance the thing was running like a mortally wounded pig yet still
> put up no fault code for the injector fault. It put up a code for
> everything else, ranging from a no communication fault with the ABS
> module to faults with the HVAC and radio, but nothing about the injector :)

Of course not, the injectors had no direct feedback system that would
tell the ECM what was going on. The ECM would get that info from a
number of other places however. That's why real mechanics have decent
diagnostic tools worth thousands of dollars. But even the white smoke
should have been enough to tell you what was going on without even
plugging in a scan tool. In your case, a code reader. A scan tool would
have given you more than enough info to diagnose that even if the fuel
loaded *white smoke* wasn't able to clue you in.

> This car has done 116 thousand km's.

The kid's been buying his fuel in the cheapest places, not always a good
idea. Direct injection systems, by their very nature, require much
higher fuel pressures and extremely finely atomised fuel sprays. That
means it takes much less to block injectors or cause them to jam.

>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/ME9FMZA
>
> Why anyone would want to own one of these miserable heaps of ridiculous
> shit I have absolutely no idea...

Same reason no one in their right mind would buy a Navara I guess.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Oh, look. Another dubious car quality post

<jgioj0Fc9opU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16127&group=aus.cars#16127

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 15:47:10 +1000
 by: Daryl - Sat, 11 Jun 2022 05:47 UTC

On 11/6/2022 2:53 pm, Noddy wrote:

> This time it's Holden. In particular, a VE Commodore.
>
> I've linked to this car before, and not all that long ago. It belongs to
> the son of the lady who used to clean my house. It's a 2009 VE Sedan,
> that is falling apart around the poor kid as he drives it:
>
>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/ME9FMZD
>
>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/ME9FMZB
>
>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEB7O32
>
>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEB7OIK
>
> This car is a *monstrous* heap of shit with all the build quality of
> something made in China 20 years ago.
>
> It got towed in here yesterday after it started running on 5 cylinders
> and blowing enough fuel loaded white smoke to use the thing as a
> chemical weapon.
>
> Guess what's wrong with it now?
>
>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEB7O2R
>
>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEB7O2W
>
> This car needs new injectors as one is stuck open, and apart from having
> the most dick direct injection setup on the planet in terms of
> maintenance the thing was running like a mortally wounded pig yet still
> put up no fault code for the injector fault. It put up a code for
> everything else, ranging from a no communication fault with the ABS
> module to faults with the HVAC and radio, but nothing about the injector :)
>
> This car has done 116 thousand km's.
>
>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/ME9FMZA
>
> Why anyone would want to own one of these miserable heaps of ridiculous
> shit I have absolutely no idea...

I feel sorry for the owner, you would think that buying a relatively low
km car would be a good idea and not give you much trouble for many years.
If it was mine I'd get it running and flog it asap.

--
Daryl

Re: Oh, look. Another dubious car quality post

<jgip3vFcbltU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16128&group=aus.cars#16128

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 15:56:14 +1000
 by: Xeno - Sat, 11 Jun 2022 05:56 UTC

On 11/6/2022 3:47 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 11/6/2022 2:53 pm, Noddy wrote:
>>
>> This time it's Holden. In particular, a VE Commodore.
>>
>> I've linked to this car before, and not all that long ago. It belongs
>> to the son of the lady who used to clean my house. It's a 2009 VE
>> Sedan, that is falling apart around the poor kid as he drives it:
>>
>>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/ME9FMZD
>>
>>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/ME9FMZB
>>
>>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEB7O32
>>
>>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEB7OIK
>>
>> This car is a *monstrous* heap of shit with all the build quality of
>> something made in China 20 years ago.
>>
>> It got towed in here yesterday after it started running on 5 cylinders
>> and blowing enough fuel loaded white smoke to use the thing as a
>> chemical weapon.
>>
>> Guess what's wrong with it now?
>>
>>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEB7O2R
>>
>>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEB7O2W
>>
>> This car needs new injectors as one is stuck open, and apart from
>> having the most dick direct injection setup on the planet in terms of
>> maintenance the thing was running like a mortally wounded pig yet
>> still put up no fault code for the injector fault. It put up a code
>> for everything else, ranging from a no communication fault with the
>> ABS module to faults with the HVAC and radio, but nothing about the
>> injector :)
>>
>> This car has done 116 thousand km's.
>>
>>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/ME9FMZA
>>
>> Why anyone would want to own one of these miserable heaps of
>> ridiculous shit I have absolutely no idea...
>>

> I feel sorry for the owner, you would think that buying a relatively low
> km car would be a good idea and not give you much trouble for many years.
> If it was mine I'd get it running and flog it asap.

I would flog it off too - if Darren had anything to do with the repair.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Oh, look. Another dubious car quality post

<t81bgh$153hm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16129&group=aus.cars#16129

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 16:08:16 +1000
 by: Noddy - Sat, 11 Jun 2022 06:08 UTC

On 11/06/2022 3:47 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 11/6/2022 2:53 pm, Noddy wrote:

>> Why anyone would want to own one of these miserable heaps of
>> ridiculous shit I have absolutely no idea...
>>

> I feel sorry for the owner, you would think that buying a relatively low
> km car would be a good idea and not give you much trouble for many years.

It was a one owner car with a good service history. It's just a lemon,
like every other Commodore out there.

> If it was mine I'd get it running and flog it asap.

That's what they're looking to do, but they're struggling to get a clear
enough run without problems to sell it. They get one thing fixed than
then something else fucks up a week later.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Oh, look. Another dubious car quality post

<jgiqodFcl04U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16130&group=aus.cars#16130

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 16:24:11 +1000
 by: Daryl - Sat, 11 Jun 2022 06:24 UTC

On 11/6/2022 4:08 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 11/06/2022 3:47 pm, Daryl wrote:
>> On 11/6/2022 2:53 pm, Noddy wrote:
>
>>> Why anyone would want to own one of these miserable heaps of
>>> ridiculous shit I have absolutely no idea...
>>>

>> I feel sorry for the owner, you would think that buying a relatively
>> low km car would be a good idea and not give you much trouble for many
>> years.
>
> It was a one owner car with a good service history. It's just a lemon,
> like every other Commodore out there.
>
>> If it was mine I'd get it running and flog it asap.
>
> That's what they're looking to do, but they're struggling to get a clear
> enough run without problems to sell it. They get one thing fixed than
> then something else fucks up a week later.

Exactly why my son got rid of his VE SS ute, he sick of bits of trim
falling off and the gearbox was on the way out, car was only 2yrs old.

--
Daryl

Re: Oh, look. Another dubious car quality post

<jgir9oFcnjsU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16131&group=aus.cars#16131

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 16:33:25 +1000
 by: Xeno - Sat, 11 Jun 2022 06:33 UTC

On 11/6/2022 4:08 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 11/06/2022 3:47 pm, Daryl wrote:
>> On 11/6/2022 2:53 pm, Noddy wrote:
>
>>> Why anyone would want to own one of these miserable heaps of
>>> ridiculous shit I have absolutely no idea...
>>>

>> I feel sorry for the owner, you would think that buying a relatively
>> low km car would be a good idea and not give you much trouble for many
>> years.
>
> It was a one owner car with a good service history. It's just a lemon,
> like every other Commodore out there.

Dirty fuel can affect the injectors of a Benz or any other top of the
line car. Got nothing to do with *good service history*.

BTW, hope you're going to drain and clean the tank, flush out the entire
fuel system and change any and all fuel filters. Don't do that and it's
highly likely the injectors will stick again once the car gets running
again. You see, stuck and/or blocked injectors are typically caused by
dirty fuel. Often it is water in the fuel, injectors really don't like
that water in them. The injector tips can be damaged when the water in
them rapidly expands due to the heat from the injector. The water can
also cause corrosion which jams the injectors. You can get water in the
fuel system quite readily from a servo which doesn't properly maintain
the storage tanks. Happened up here a few years back, one of the cheap
servos killed a lot of cars before they even got far after filling up.
Direct injection suffers even more than port injection from this sort of
carelessness.

>> If it was mine I'd get it running and flog it asap.
>
> That's what they're looking to do, but they're struggling to get a clear
> enough run without problems to sell it. They get one thing fixed than
> then something else fucks up a week later.

And they're getting *you* to work on it? Better to write it off as a
loss then.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Oh, look. Another dubious car quality post

<1ldrzqiayql45$.44pnwjd8b9su.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16133&group=aus.cars#16133

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 17:15:56 +1000
 by: alvey - Sat, 11 Jun 2022 07:15 UTC

On Sat, 11 Jun 2022 14:53:54 +1000, Noddy wrote:

> Why anyone would want to own one of these miserable heaps of ridiculous
> shit I have absolutely no idea...

Ditto most people in regard to why anyone would choose to live in Bumhole
(Vic).

Re: Oh, look. Another dubious car quality post

<t81gu8$p1t$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16134&group=aus.cars#16134

From: paul...@westnet.com.au (Paul)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 15:40:56 +0800
 by: Paul - Sat, 11 Jun 2022 07:40 UTC

Noddy wrote:

> It got towed in here yesterday after it started running on 5 cylinders
> and blowing enough fuel loaded white smoke to use the thing as a
> chemical weapon.
>
> Guess what's wrong with it now?
>
>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEB7O2R
>
>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEB7O2W
>
> This car needs new injectors as one is stuck open, and apart from having
> the most dick direct injection setup on the planet in terms of
> maintenance the thing was running like a mortally wounded pig yet still
> put up no fault code for the injector fault. It put up a code for
> everything else, ranging from a no communication fault with the ABS
> module to faults with the HVAC and radio, but nothing about the injector :)

Interesting - when an Ecotec had stuck injector and was running rough
and issuing white smoke, you would get a number of error codes for
either left or right being too rich, plus left-right trim differing.

Re: Oh, look. Another dubious car quality post

<t81i43$ah5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16135&group=aus.cars#16135

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 18:01:07 +1000
 by: Noddy - Sat, 11 Jun 2022 08:01 UTC

On 11/06/2022 4:24 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 11/6/2022 4:08 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> If it was mine I'd get it running and flog it asap.
>>
>> That's what they're looking to do, but they're struggling to get a
>> clear enough run without problems to sell it. They get one thing fixed
>> than then something else fucks up a week later.
>
> Exactly why my son got rid of his VE SS ute, he sick of bits of trim
> falling off and the gearbox was on the way out, car was only 2yrs old.

They're massive heaps of shit.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Oh, look. Another dubious car quality post

<jgj36rFe10gU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16136&group=aus.cars#16136

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 18:48:24 +1000
 by: Xeno - Sat, 11 Jun 2022 08:48 UTC

On 11/6/2022 5:40 pm, Paul wrote:
> Noddy wrote:
>>>
>> It got towed in here yesterday after it started running on 5 cylinders
>> and blowing enough fuel loaded white smoke to use the thing as a
>> chemical weapon.
>>
>> Guess what's wrong with it now?
>>
>>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEB7O2R
>>
>>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEB7O2W
>>
>> This car needs new injectors as one is stuck open, and apart from
>> having the most dick direct injection setup on the planet in terms of
>> maintenance the thing was running like a mortally wounded pig yet
>> still put up no fault code for the injector fault. It put up a code
>> for everything else, ranging from a no communication fault with the
>> ABS module to faults with the HVAC and radio, but nothing about the
>> injector :)
>>

> Interesting - when an Ecotec had stuck injector and was running rough
> and issuing white smoke, you would get a number of error codes for
> either left or right being too rich, plus left-right trim differing.

Correct! You would be getting codes from the *effects* created in the
fuel delivery system that would be picked up by other sensors. You would
get a code if the injector wire(s) were open or shorted but that would
not be the case with an injector stuck open since there is *no feedback*
from a stuck solenoid so it would only be an inexperienced or untrained
individual who would expect a *specific* code for an injector stuck
open. The problem here is clearly people who can *read codes* but who
have but *scant knowledge* of how the fuel delivery *system works*.

As always, the *backyard mechanic always places the blame on *faulty
components* instead of carrying out a *full* diagnostic process. One
should never assume a part is *the root cause of the fault* just because
it stopped working. If you don't diagnose *why* it stopped working, you
will end up like the dog chasing its tail. And costing the customer a
motza in the process.

I recently told a friend, who had cooked up his diesel engine, that he
would soon have problems with his injectors after he got the vehicle
back on the road. Sure enough, it soon began belching black chaff out
the back when his injectors seized up one after the other.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Oh, look. Another dubious car quality post

<jgj38iFe10gU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16137&group=aus.cars#16137

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 18:49:21 +1000
 by: Xeno - Sat, 11 Jun 2022 08:49 UTC

On 11/6/2022 6:01 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> That's what they're looking to do, but they're struggling to get a
>>> clear enough run without problems to sell it. They get one thing
>>> fixed than then something else fucks up a week later.
>>
>> Exactly why my son got rid of his VE SS ute, he sick of bits of trim
>> falling off and the gearbox was on the way out, car was only 2yrs old.
>
> They're massive heaps of shit.

Nah, they aren't at the level of Navaras, not even close!

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Oh, look. Another dubious car quality post

<t81l7o$sie$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16138&group=aus.cars#16138

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 16:54:18 +0800
 by: Clocky - Sat, 11 Jun 2022 08:54 UTC

On 11/06/2022 3:40 pm, Paul wrote:
> Noddy wrote:
>>>
>> It got towed in here yesterday after it started running on 5 cylinders
>> and blowing enough fuel loaded white smoke to use the thing as a
>> chemical weapon.
>>
>> Guess what's wrong with it now?
>>
>>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEB7O2R
>>
>>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEB7O2W
>>
>> This car needs new injectors as one is stuck open, and apart from
>> having the most dick direct injection setup on the planet in terms of
>> maintenance the thing was running like a mortally wounded pig yet
>> still put up no fault code for the injector fault. It put up a code
>> for everything else, ranging from a no communication fault with the
>> ABS module to faults with the HVAC and radio, but nothing about the
>> injector :)
>>

> Interesting - when an Ecotec had stuck injector and was running rough
> and issuing white smoke, you would get a number of error codes for
> either left or right being too rich, plus left-right trim differing.

Nothing has changed. The problem is the incompetence of the unqualified
"mechanic" doing the diagnosing, not with the vehicle.

--
keith on the 7 Oct 2021 wrote;
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if
it is unproven, he is lying."

Re: Oh, look. Another dubious car quality post

<jgj459Fe5lnU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16139&group=aus.cars#16139

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 19:04:40 +1000
 by: Xeno - Sat, 11 Jun 2022 09:04 UTC

On 11/6/2022 6:54 pm, Clocky wrote:
> On 11/06/2022 3:40 pm, Paul wrote:
>> Noddy wrote:
>>>>
>>> It got towed in here yesterday after it started running on 5
>>> cylinders and blowing enough fuel loaded white smoke to use the thing
>>> as a chemical weapon.
>>>
>>> Guess what's wrong with it now?

>>> This car needs new injectors as one is stuck open, and apart from
>>> having the most dick direct injection setup on the planet in terms of
>>> maintenance the thing was running like a mortally wounded pig yet
>>> still put up no fault code for the injector fault. It put up a code
>>> for everything else, ranging from a no communication fault with the
>>> ABS module to faults with the HVAC and radio, but nothing about the
>>> injector :)
>>>

>> Interesting - when an Ecotec had stuck injector and was running rough
>> and issuing white smoke, you would get a number of error codes for
>> either left or right being too rich, plus left-right trim differing.
>
> Nothing has changed. The problem is the incompetence of the unqualified
> "mechanic" doing the diagnosing, not with the vehicle.

I'll second that!

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Oh, look. Another dubious car quality post

<t81ou8$mtn$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16141&group=aus.cars#16141

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 17:57:23 +0800
 by: Clocky - Sat, 11 Jun 2022 09:57 UTC

On 11/06/2022 4:49 pm, Xeno wrote:
> On 11/6/2022 6:01 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> Exactly why my son got rid of his VE SS ute, he sick of bits of trim
>>> falling off and the gearbox was on the way out, car was only 2yrs old.
>>
>> They're massive heaps of shit.
>>
> Nah, they aren't at the level of Navaras, not even close!

He's just ranting.

The fraud posts photos of some menial crap in his workshop after he's
been asked to prove his claims, in particular his "qualifications". It's
as if he's proving he is qualified by having something in his workshop.

All he is highlighting is his incompetence however, so that has
backfired - again :-)

--
keith on the 7 Oct 2021 wrote;
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if
it is unproven, he is lying."

Re: Oh, look. Another dubious car quality post

<jgjaoaFf9ctU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16142&group=aus.cars#16142

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 20:57:12 +1000
 by: Xeno - Sat, 11 Jun 2022 10:57 UTC

On 11/6/2022 7:57 pm, Clocky wrote:
> On 11/06/2022 4:49 pm, Xeno wrote:

>>> They're massive heaps of shit.
>>>
>> Nah, they aren't at the level of Navaras, not even close!
>>

> He's just ranting.
>
> The fraud posts photos of some menial crap in his workshop after he's
> been asked to prove his claims, in particular his "qualifications". It's

What Darren is doing us using a *coping strategy* commonly known as
*distraction*. What he's doing is trying to divert attention away from a
*stressor*, in this case the need to stump up proof of his fraudulent
claims, and towards other thoughts or behaviours that are unrelated to
the stressor. He's trying to shift the focus onto his *experience*.
After all, it is all he has! However, that experience he lauds all the
time is negated by a lack of training and knowledge and it shows in this
post he has made of his diagnosis of the VE Commodore issue. The
injector is stuck, it needs a new one, no thought given as to *why* it
failed. As a qualified mechanic, I *never* assume. I mentioned my
deliberations as to the cause in another post and, before I fitted new
injectors, I would *test* my diagnosis. It's all very well to theorise
something but the smart money says you *test the theory* before you
rashly declare it fact.

> as if he's proving he is qualified by having something in his workshop.

Well, when we proved we were qualified, all he had left to harp on was
his *experience*. He's trying to display his *experience* in this post,
and failing. Between you and me, I'll stick with *my experience*.

> All he is highlighting is his incompetence however, so that has
> backfired - again :-)

It has indeed!

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Oh, look. Another dubious car quality post

<jgl7hqFp3hlU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16147&group=aus.cars#16147

From: fel...@goaway.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 14:14:57 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sun, 12 Jun 2022 04:14 UTC

On 11/06/2022 8:57 pm, Xeno wrote:
> On 11/6/2022 7:57 pm, Clocky wrote:

>>> Nah, they aren't at the level of Navaras, not even close!
>>>

>> He's just ranting.
>>
>> The fraud posts photos of some menial crap in his workshop after he's
>> been asked to prove his claims, in particular his "qualifications". It's
>
> What Darren is doing us using a *coping strategy* commonly known as
> *distraction*. What he's doing is trying to divert attention away from
> a *stressor*, in this case the need to stump up proof of his
> fraudulent claims, and towards other thoughts or behaviours that are
> unrelated to the stressor. He's trying to shift the focus onto his
> *experience*. After all, it is all he has! However, that experience he
> lauds all the time is negated by a lack of training and knowledge and
> it shows in this post he has made of his diagnosis of the VE Commodore
> issue. The injector is stuck, it needs a new one, no thought given as
> to *why* it failed. As a qualified mechanic, I *never* assume. I
> mentioned my deliberations as to the cause in another post and, before
> I fitted new injectors, I would *test* my diagnosis. It's all very
> well to theorise something but the smart money says you *test the
> theory* before you rashly declare it fact.
>
>> as if he's proving he is qualified by having something in his workshop.
>
> Well, when we proved we were qualified, all he had left to harp on was
> his *experience*. He's trying to display his *experience* in this
> post, and failing. Between you and me, I'll stick with *my experience*.
>>
>> All he is highlighting is his incompetence however, so that has
>> backfired - again :-)
>>
> It has indeed!

having some experience in some matters of auto repair certainly won't
surpass or substitute for structured training in all aspects and theory
of auto repair.

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

"So some infantile nonsense and running away again
I see. Your standard MO." -Clocky on Keefy

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: Oh, look. Another dubious car quality post

<jglc5qFpr6uU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16152&group=aus.cars#16152

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 15:33:46 +1000
 by: Xeno - Sun, 12 Jun 2022 05:33 UTC

On 12/6/2022 2:14 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 11/06/2022 8:57 pm, Xeno wrote:

>>> He's just ranting.
>>>
>>> The fraud posts photos of some menial crap in his workshop after he's
>>> been asked to prove his claims, in particular his "qualifications". It's
>>
>> What Darren is doing us using a *coping strategy* commonly known as
>> *distraction*. What he's doing is trying to divert attention away from
>> a *stressor*, in this case the need to stump up proof of his
>> fraudulent claims, and towards other thoughts or behaviours that are
>> unrelated to the stressor. He's trying to shift the focus onto his
>> *experience*. After all, it is all he has! However, that experience he
>> lauds all the time is negated by a lack of training and knowledge and
>> it shows in this post he has made of his diagnosis of the VE Commodore
>> issue. The injector is stuck, it needs a new one, no thought given as
>> to *why* it failed. As a qualified mechanic, I *never* assume. I
>> mentioned my deliberations as to the cause in another post and, before
>> I fitted new injectors, I would *test* my diagnosis. It's all very
>> well to theorise something but the smart money says you *test the
>> theory* before you rashly declare it fact.
>>
>>> as if he's proving he is qualified by having something in his workshop.
>>
>> Well, when we proved we were qualified, all he had left to harp on was
>> his *experience*. He's trying to display his *experience* in this
>> post, and failing. Between you and me, I'll stick with *my experience*.
>>>
>>> All he is highlighting is his incompetence however, so that has
>>> backfired - again :-)
>>>
>> It has indeed!
>>

> having some experience in some matters of auto repair certainly won't
> surpass or substitute for structured training in all aspects and theory
> of auto repair.

My point precisely! ;-)