Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
From: Dav...@nomail.afraid.org (David Brooks)
Subject: OT - Autism and ADHT can be overcome
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 11:40:53 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 10:40 UTC

Kaylee Rodgers Singing Hallelujah - Official Video - Full HD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bmx--WjeN7o

Notes on Facebook:-

https://www.facebook.com/MusicBustedShow/videos/794301992321715

Enjoy your day!

--
David

Oops! (was - OT - Autism and ADHT can be overcome)

<APAkM.6496$IQR3.6303@fx45.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16294&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#16294

Followup: alt.computer.workshop
Subject: Oops! (was - OT - Autism and ADHT can be overcome)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
From: Dav...@nomail.afraid.org (David Brooks)
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 12:05:04 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 11:05 UTC

On 21/06/2023 11:40, David Brooks wrote:
> Kaylee Rodgers Singing Hallelujah - Official Video - Full HD
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bmx--WjeN7o
>
> Notes on the Facebook version:-
>
> https://www.facebook.com/MusicBustedShow/videos/794301992321715
>
> Enjoy your day!

Oops! My apologies - that post should have been made in ACW

(Follow-up set)

Perhaps some of you enjoyed the video anyway!

There's another performance here:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9e-GgCX3zk

//Kaylee Rogers, 11-Year-Old girl from Donaghadee, Ireland with Autism;
Sings Moving Rendition Of ‘Hallelujah’; you wouldn’t know that from
listening to her sing.

The young girl at the age of 10, a student at Killard House Special
School in Northern Ireland, who suffers from autism and ADHD; stunned
the online world with a choir rendition of Leonard Cohen’s “Hallelujah”
recently.

Colin Millar, the school’s principal, told BBC News that Kaylee is often
shy — but not when she sings.

“All my kids have talents, as well as barriers, and this is hers.”

“She’d be a very quiet little girl, but when she sings, she just opens
up,” he said.

Kaylee started attending Killard House a few years ago, in order to help
her address learning delays. She’s overcome some incredible challenges
to share that voice with the world and singing has helped her build up
her confidence

“For a child who came in P4 (7 to 8 years old) and wouldn’t really talk,
wouldn’t really read out in class, to stand and perform in front of an
audience is amazing. It takes a lot of effort on Kaylee’s part,” Millar
said.

“Hallelujah”, written by Leonard Cohen over the course of five years,
was recorded by dozens of famous artists. But, Cohen passed away in
November, just weeks before Kaylee Rogers’ rendition of his most famous
song was released. Somehow, we’re sure that Cohen would approve of this
stunning remake.//

--
David