Life is just a bowl of cherries, but why do I always get the pits?

aus+uk / uk.sport.cricket / Re: DOWNLOAD this CIA NSA FBI Cointelpro Shadow Govt PSYCHOPATH "Kent Wills" PICTURE and FILE POLICE COMPLAINTS

SubjectAuthor
* Re: WHY HAVE INDIAN MATHEMATICAL WORKS NOT GIVEN RECOGNITION by Ian G PearceRH
`* Re: WHY HAVE INDIAN MATHEMATICAL WORKS NOT GIVEN RECOGNITION by Ian G PearceRH
 `* Re: WHY HAVE INDIAN MATHEMATICAL WORKS NOT GIVEN RECOGNITION by Ian G PearceLoughall Tomatoes
  `* Re: CIA NSA FBI Cointelpro Shadow Govt PSYCHOPATH "Kent Wills" PICTUREBobby Smith
   `- Re: DOWNLOAD this CIA NSA FBI Cointelpro Shadow Govt PSYCHOPATH "KentBobby Smith

1
Re: WHY HAVE INDIAN MATHEMATICAL WORKS NOT GIVEN RECOGNITION by Ian G Pearce

<610562e1-b4b9-4a3c-bfb2-8ff511af3954n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16305&group=uk.sport.cricket#16305

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 03:35:12 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: WHY HAVE INDIAN MATHEMATICAL WORKS NOT GIVEN RECOGNITION by Ian G Pearce
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (RH)
 by: RH - Fri, 10 Sep 2021 10:35 UTC

On Friday, September 10, 2021 at 10:29:07 AM UTC+1, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer wrote:
> [...]
> which is essentially European. [RR, P 333]
>
> In short, the doctrine of the western essence of classical science does
> not take objective history into account.
> Finally, beyond simply alerting people to the remarkable developments of
> Indian mathematicians between around 3000 BC and 1600 AD, and
> challenging the Eurocentric ideology of the history of the subject, it
> is thought further analysis and research could also have important
> consequences for future developments of the subject.
>
> It is thought analysis of the difference in the epistemologies of 17th
> century European and 15th century Keralese calculus could help to
> provide an answer to the controversial issue of whether mathematics
> should concern itself with proof or calculation. Furthermore, in terms
> of the way mathematics is currently 'taught' D Almeida, J John and A
> Zadorozhnyy elucidate:
> ...The floating point numbers were used by Kerala mathematicians and,
> using this system of numbers, they were able to investigate and
> rationalise about the convergence of series. So we (DA/JJ/AZ) believe
> that a study of Keralese calculus will provide insights into
> computer-assisted teaching strategies. [DA/JJ/AZ, P 96]
> (N.B. computers use a floating-point number system.)
>
> Clearly there is massive scope for further study in the area of the
> history of Indian and other non-European mathematics, and it is still a
> topic on which relatively few works have been written, although slowly
> significantly more attention is being paid to the contributions of
> non-European countries.
> In specific reference to my own project, I would have liked to have been
> able to go into more depth in my discussion of Indian algebra, and given
> many more worked examples, as I consider Indian algebra to be both
> remarkable and severely neglected. Furthermore there is scope for
> significant and important study of the transmission of Indian
> mathematics across the world, especially into Europe, via Arabic and
> later Keralese routes. It is clear that there are many more discoveries
> to be made and much more that can be written, as C Srinivasiengar observes:
> ...The last word on the history of ancient civilisation will never be
> said. [CS, P 1]
>
> As a final note, many question the worth of historical study, beyond
> personal interest, but I hope I have shown in the course of my work some
> of the value and importance of historical study. I will conclude with a
> quote from the scholar G Miller, who commented:
> ...The history of mathematics is the only one of the sciences to possess
> a considerable body of perfect and inspiring results which were proved
> 2000 years ago by the same thought processes as are used today. This
> history is therefore useful for directing attention to the permanent
> value of scientific achievements and the great intellectual heritage,
> which these achievements present, to the world. [AA'D, P 11]

Click here to read the complete article
Re: WHY HAVE INDIAN MATHEMATICAL WORKS NOT GIVEN RECOGNITION by Ian G Pearce

<271e061e-7c5e-4c79-9111-ecb2803721e6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16307&group=uk.sport.cricket#16307

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 04:16:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (RH)
 by: RH - Fri, 10 Sep 2021 11:16 UTC

On Friday, September 10, 2021 at 11:53:58 AM UTC+1, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer wrote:
> [...]
> said. [CS, P 1]
>
> As a final note, many question the worth of historical study, beyond
> personal interest, but I hope I have shown in the course of my work some
> of the value and importance of historical study. I will conclude with a
> quote from the scholar G Miller, who commented:
> ...The history of mathematics is the only one of the sciences to possess
> a considerable body of perfect and inspiring results which were proved
> 2000 years ago by the same thought processes as are used today. This
> history is therefore useful for directing attention to the permanent
> value of scientific achievements and the great intellectual heritage,
> which these achievements present, to the world. [AA'D, P 11]

Click here to read the complete article
Re: WHY HAVE INDIAN MATHEMATICAL WORKS NOT GIVEN RECOGNITION by Ian G Pearce

<98693baf-c8ff-4beb-ba4a-efc29d8df1f3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16312&group=uk.sport.cricket#16312

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 08:39:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: tsp2...@gmail.com (Loughall Tomatoes)
 by: Loughall Tomatoes - Fri, 10 Sep 2021 15:39 UTC

On Friday, September 10, 2021 at 4:30:24 AM UTC-7, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer wrote:

Flushed

INDIANS DID NOT INVENT CALCULUS: TRUST THE EXPERTS, NOT LYING TERRORISTS

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/254616376_Was_Calculus_Invented_in_India
Was Calculus Invented in India?

January 2002 The College Mathematics Journal 33(1)
DOI:10.2307/1558972

Author: David M. Bressoud, Macalester College
'No. Calculus was not invented in India.'

Re: CIA NSA FBI Cointelpro Shadow Govt PSYCHOPATH "Kent Wills" PICTURE

<109ba3e0-848f-4ba5-8024-993906b6c604n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16318&group=uk.sport.cricket#16318

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 11:19:53 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: CIA NSA FBI Cointelpro Shadow Govt PSYCHOPATH "Kent Wills" PICTURE

Author: David M. Bressoud, Macalester College
'No. Calculus was not invented in India.'

Re: DOWNLOAD this CIA NSA FBI Cointelpro Shadow Govt PSYCHOPATH "Kent Wills" PICTURE and FILE POLICE COMPLAINTS

<d05746e1-7d76-4be3-bb26-079c31e6d319n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16320&group=uk.sport.cricket#16320

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 17:48:55 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: DOWNLOAD this CIA NSA FBI Cointelpro Shadow Govt PSYCHOPATH "Kent
Wills" PICTURE and FILE POLICE COMPLAINTS
From: tsp2...@gmail.com (Bobby Smith)
 by: Bobby Smith - Sat, 11 Sep 2021 00:48 UTC

Author: David M. Bressoud, Macalester College
'No. Calculus was not invented in India.'