From: ian...@eruvia.org (Ian McCall)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Subject: Can't edit any groups in Contact on new Mac
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2023 14:47:04 +0100
 by: Ian McCall - Mon, 3 Jul 2023 13:47 UTC

On the new MBP (so latest Ventura) I can’t edit contact groups in the
Contacts app. I can create news ones, I can edit the news ones...but any
existing cannot be renamed and I cannot drag any cards into them.

All contacts are iCloud contacts, and it’s the only account I have enabled
for contacts. The lists can be edited fine on an iOS device.

Any ideas? I can see someone ran into something -similar- a few months ago
here, but they were using Google contacts and the suggestion didn’t truly
work for them either:
https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/449142/cant-edit-or-delete-groups-
in-contacts-app

Cheers,
Ian

Re: Can't edit any groups in Contact on new Mac

<kghs4jFeahnU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16553&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#16553

From: bef...@eaglesoft.de (Bernd Froehlich)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Subject: Re: Can't edit any groups in Contact on new Mac
Date: 4 Jul 2023 06:22:11 GMT
 by: Bernd Froehlich - Tue, 4 Jul 2023 06:22 UTC

On 3. Jul 2023 at 15:47:04 CEST, "Ian McCall" <ian@eruvia.org> wrote:

> On the new MBP (so latest Ventura) I can’t edit contact groups in the
> Contacts app. I can create news ones, I can edit the news ones...but any
> existing cannot be renamed and I cannot drag any cards into them.
>
> All contacts are iCloud contacts, and it’s the only account I have enabled
> for contacts. The lists can be edited fine on an iOS device.

Had a similar problem on a client Mac.
Solution was: log out of iCloud and log log in again (and then maybe wait a
bit).
I guess it was some synchronisation issues.