Consultants are mystical people who ask a company for a number and then give it back to them.

aus+uk / uk.comp.sys.mac / Re: Troll-lol-lol!

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Troll-lol-lol!David Brooks
+- Re: Troll-lol-lol!Snit
+- Re: Troll-lol-lol!Kelly Phillips
`* Re: Troll-lol-lol!Kelly Phillips
 `* Re: Troll-lol-lol!David Brooks
  +* Re: Troll-lol-lol!Snit
  |`* Re: Troll-lol-lol!David Brooks
  | +* Re: Troll-lol-lol!David Brooks
  | |+* Re: Troll-lol-lol!Snit
  | ||`* Re: Troll-lol-lol!David Brooks
  | || +- Re: Troll-lol-lol!Snit
  | || `- Re: Troll-lol-lol!Kelly Phillips
  | |`- Re: Troll-lol-lol!Kelly Phillips
  | `- Re: Troll-lol-lol!Snit
  `- Re: Troll-lol-lol!Kelly Phillips

1
Re: Troll-lol-lol!

<2c9pM.3956$Wtn5.2721@fx03.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16564&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#16564

Subject: Re: Troll-lol-lol!
Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: Dav...@nomail.afraid.org (David Brooks)
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2023 08:45:02 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Wed, 5 Jul 2023 07:45 UTC

On 04/07/2023 23:46, Snit wrote:
> On Jul 4, 2023 at 3:31:34 PM MST, "David Brooks" wrote
> <a51pM.35164$65y6.17203@fx17.iad>:
>
>> On 04/07/2023 22:20, Snit wrote:

>>> Might you have gotten a better response with a more gentle questioning?
>>
>> No. I'm sure about that.

>>> I can understand that as a concern, but my view is more are they doing
>>> something harmful.
>>
>> Do you consider that it's OK to break the law?
>
> Do you never break the law? I think we all do... even if not in major ways. I
> seek to live a MORAL life, but I am not that concerned about always following
> every law.

No, I do NOT deliberately break the law. I seek to uphold it.

> Here is an example: I was canoeing recently... I had a life vest with me in
> the canoe. It is the law. Someone dumped their kayak. They did not have a life
> jacket and while not drowning they were struggling as a boat to help them was
> coming. I tossed them my life vest. This is technically against the law... but
> in such cases the law is wrong.
>
> The lifeguard gave me a hard time over it... saying I should not have. Utterly
> absurd in my view.

You are supposed to WEAR the life vest when in your canoe!!!

>> Indeed - good question! ARE they doing something harmful?
>
> Not that I know of.

How COULD you know?

Once you/anyone has installed EtreCheck they have NO IDEA what the
software may be doing on their computer.

>>> With all those users has there been any known issue?
>>
>> There's nobody checking to determine that!
>
> What makes you think that? There are people who check to see what apps connect
> to, etc.

Here's an ASC thread, started by me (HunterBD) at a time BEFORE Etresoft
became 'Incorporated':-

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6781873

As far as I'm aware NOBODY KNOWS whether or not the installation of
EtreCheck is safe or harmful. Nobody on the ASC forums will talk about
it openly!

You, Snit, say "There are people who check to see what apps connect
> to, etc."

Who, EXACTLY, has checked, or is checking, what happens on a computer
which has had EtreCheck installed on it?

Certainly not the owner of that machine I'll warrant!

--
David

Re: Troll-lol-lol!

<XnapM.343$RNh2.33@fx43.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16565&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#16565

From: brock.mc...@gmail.com (Snit)
Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2023 09:05:59 GMT
 by: Snit - Wed, 5 Jul 2023 09:05 UTC

On Jul 5, 2023 at 12:45:02 AM MST, "David Brooks" wrote
<2c9pM.3956$Wtn5.2721@fx03.iad>:

> On 04/07/2023 23:46, Snit wrote:
>> On Jul 4, 2023 at 3:31:34 PM MST, "David Brooks" wrote
>> <a51pM.35164$65y6.17203@fx17.iad>:

>>> No. I'm sure about that.

>>> Do you consider that it's OK to break the law?
>>
>> Do you never break the law? I think we all do... even if not in major ways. I
>> seek to live a MORAL life, but I am not that concerned about always following
>> every law.
>
> No, I do NOT deliberately break the law. I seek to uphold it.

You do not ever speed? Never break any other law? Never jay walk?

>> Here is an example: I was canoeing recently... I had a life vest with me in
>> the canoe. It is the law. Someone dumped their kayak. They did not have a life
>> jacket and while not drowning they were struggling as a boat to help them was
>> coming. I tossed them my life vest. This is technically against the law... but
>> in such cases the law is wrong.
>>
>> The lifeguard gave me a hard time over it... saying I should not have. Utterly
>> absurd in my view.
>
> You are supposed to WEAR the life vest when in your canoe!!!

Not a legal requirement. Just has to be in any given boat. That is unless you
are 12 or under, then you must wear it.

>>> Indeed - good question! ARE they doing something harmful?
>>
>> Not that I know of.
>
> How COULD you know?
>
> Once you/anyone has installed EtreCheck they have NO IDEA what the
> software may be doing on their computer.

What software do you think you can know what it is doing? Any examples?

>>> There's nobody checking to determine that!
>>
>> What makes you think that? There are people who check to see what apps connect
>> to, etc.
>
> Here's an ASC thread, started by me (HunterBD) at a time BEFORE Etresoft
> became 'Incorporated':-
>
> https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6781873
>
> As far as I'm aware NOBODY KNOWS whether or not the installation of
> EtreCheck is safe or harmful. Nobody on the ASC forums will talk about
> it openly!

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Troll-lol-lol!

<dsibaileboq0tnefut3ddvqe0rbsb8p9pd@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16586&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#16586

From: KFi...@podcasts.org (Kelly Phillips)
Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2023 15:10:42 -0500
 by: Kelly Phillips - Wed, 5 Jul 2023 20:10 UTC

On Wed, 5 Jul 2023 08:45:02 +0100, David Brooks
<DavidB@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

>On 04/07/2023 23:46, Snit wrote:
>> On Jul 4, 2023 at 3:31:34 PM MST, "David Brooks" wrote
>> <a51pM.35164$65y6.17203@fx17.iad>:

>>> No. I'm sure about that.

>>> Do you consider that it's OK to break the law?
>>
>> Do you never break the law? I think we all do... even if not in major ways. I
>> seek to live a MORAL life, but I am not that concerned about always following
>> every law.
>
>No, I do NOT deliberately break the law. I seek to uphold it.
>
>> Here is an example: I was canoeing recently... I had a life vest with me in
>> the canoe. It is the law. Someone dumped their kayak. They did not have a life
>> jacket and while not drowning they were struggling as a boat to help them was
>> coming. I tossed them my life vest. This is technically against the law... but
>> in such cases the law is wrong.
>>
>> The lifeguard gave me a hard time over it... saying I should not have. Utterly
>> absurd in my view.
>
>You are supposed to WEAR the life vest when in your canoe!!!

David, you might want to ask Snidiot a few simple questions. Do it via
email if you like, since it could be embarrassing for him.

Since he's housebound and can't go outside without suffering from panic
and anxiety, where exactly was he canoeing? Was that at home in his
bathtub? Was the "lifeguard" his wife or one of the kids? When the kayak
flipped over, was that his comfort bear that was struggling, because you
know, comfort bears can't typically swim?

All of that aside, ask yourself why he seems to be able to come up with
a story at the drop of a hat? Could it be because they're 100% made up?

Re: Troll-lol-lol!

<7ijbaitv67912ceepv0q4c588s89vodtrt@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16589&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#16589

From: KFi...@podcasts.org (Kelly Phillips)
Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2023 15:57:16 -0500
 by: Kelly Phillips - Wed, 5 Jul 2023 20:57 UTC

On Wed, 5 Jul 2023 08:45:02 +0100, David Brooks
<DavidB@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

>Who, EXACTLY, has checked, or is checking, what happens on a computer
>which has had EtreCheck installed on it?
>
>Certainly not the owner of that machine I'll warrant!

Substitute your current favorite software target for any of a million
others and you could say exactly the same thing. Why the fixation on
this particular program? Oh, that's right, they committed the
unforgivable sin of realizing that you're a total POS and *they stopped
talking to you*. Boo-f*cking-hoo, cry baby. Get over it already. You
give the other alcoholics a bad name.

Re: Troll-lol-lol!

<3AlpM.52198$edN3.5675@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16590&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#16590

Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: Dav...@nomail.afraid.org (David Brooks)
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2023 22:49:51 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Wed, 5 Jul 2023 21:49 UTC

On 05/07/2023 21:57, Kelly Phillips wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Jul 2023 08:45:02 +0100, David Brooks
> <DavidB@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>
>> Who, EXACTLY, has checked, or is checking, what happens on a computer
>> which has had EtreCheck installed on it?
>>
>> Certainly not the owner of that machine I'll warrant!
>
> Substitute your current favorite software target for any of a million
> others and you could say exactly the same thing. Why the fixation on
> this particular program? Oh, that's right, they committed the
> unforgivable sin of realizing that you're a total POS and *they stopped
> talking to you*. Boo-f*cking-hoo, cry baby. Get over it already. You
> give the other alcoholics a bad name.

Perhaps you could show me a screenshot of John Daniel's LinkedIn profile
- just to demonstrate that it's only ME, David, who he has blocked?

I have a hard copy if you'd like to compare.

HTH

Re: Troll-lol-lol!

<aClpM.44166$N3_4.1302@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16591&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#16591

From: brock.mc...@gmail.com (Snit)
Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2023 21:52:06 GMT
 by: Snit - Wed, 5 Jul 2023 21:52 UTC

On Jul 5, 2023 at 2:49:51 PM MST, "David Brooks" wrote
<3AlpM.52198$edN3.5675@fx14.iad>:

> On 05/07/2023 21:57, Kelly Phillips wrote:
>> On Wed, 5 Jul 2023 08:45:02 +0100, David Brooks
>> <DavidB@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Who, EXACTLY, has checked, or is checking, what happens on a computer
>>> which has had EtreCheck installed on it?
>>>
>>> Certainly not the owner of that machine I'll warrant!
>>
>> Substitute your current favorite software target for any of a million
>> others and you could say exactly the same thing. Why the fixation on
>> this particular program? Oh, that's right, they committed the
>> unforgivable sin of realizing that you're a total POS and *they stopped
>> talking to you*. Boo-f*cking-hoo, cry baby. Get over it already. You
>> give the other alcoholics a bad name.
>
> Perhaps you could show me a screenshot of John Daniel's LinkedIn profile
> - just to demonstrate that it's only ME, David, who he has blocked?

There are a ton of people with that name. Happen to have a link?

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Re: Troll-lol-lol!

<pHlpM.52200$edN3.7874@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16592&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#16592

Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: Dav...@nomail.afraid.org (David Brooks)
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2023 22:57:41 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Wed, 5 Jul 2023 21:57 UTC

https://www.linkedin.com/in/etresoft/

>> I have a hard copy if you'd like to compare.

See:- https://postimg.cc/F1NnxVTM

Thanks, Snit! 😃

Re: Troll-lol-lol!

<IPlpM.52201$edN3.1946@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16593&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#16593

Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: Dav...@nomail.afraid.org (David Brooks)
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2023 23:06:32 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Wed, 5 Jul 2023 22:06 UTC

On 05/07/2023 22:57, David Brooks wrote:
> On 05/07/2023 22:52, Snit wrote:
>> On Jul 5, 2023 at 2:49:51 PM MST, "David Brooks" wrote
>> <3AlpM.52198$edN3.5675@fx14.iad>:

>>> Perhaps you could show me a screenshot of John Daniel's LinkedIn profile
>>> - just to demonstrate that it's only ME, David, who he has blocked?
>>
>> There are a ton of people with that name. Happen to have a link?
>
> https://www.linkedin.com/in/etresoft/
>
>>> I have a hard copy if you'd like to compare.
>
> See:- https://postimg.cc/F1NnxVTM

You'll note that it says 2013 on that profile.

The company wasn't incorporated until 2015!

See:- https://ised-isde.canada.ca/cc/lgcy/fdrlCrpDtls.html?corpId=9212671

A slip of the pen? Who knows? JD knows.

*The truth WILL out*!

HTH

--
David

Re: Troll-lol-lol!

<1QlpM.34459$t9v6.26581@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16594&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#16594

From: brock.mc...@gmail.com (Snit)
Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2023 22:06:53 GMT
 by: Snit - Wed, 5 Jul 2023 22:06 UTC

On Jul 5, 2023 at 2:57:41 PM MST, "David Brooks" wrote
<pHlpM.52200$edN3.7874@fx14.iad>:

> On 05/07/2023 22:52, Snit wrote:
>> On Jul 5, 2023 at 2:49:51 PM MST, "David Brooks" wrote
>> <3AlpM.52198$edN3.5675@fx14.iad>:

>>> Perhaps you could show me a screenshot of John Daniel's LinkedIn profile
>>> - just to demonstrate that it's only ME, David, who he has blocked?
>>
>> There are a ton of people with that name. Happen to have a link?
>
> https://www.linkedin.com/in/etresoft/
>
>>> I have a hard copy if you'd like to compare.
>
> See:- https://postimg.cc/F1NnxVTM
>
> Thanks, Snit! 😃

At least with a quick look I do not see it.

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Re: Troll-lol-lol!

<PQlpM.44167$N3_4.14556@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16595&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#16595

From: brock.mc...@gmail.com (Snit)
Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2023 22:07:43 GMT
 by: Snit - Wed, 5 Jul 2023 22:07 UTC

On Jul 5, 2023 at 3:06:32 PM MST, "David Brooks" wrote
<IPlpM.52201$edN3.1946@fx14.iad>:

> On 05/07/2023 22:57, David Brooks wrote:
>> On 05/07/2023 22:52, Snit wrote:

>>> There are a ton of people with that name. Happen to have a link?
>>
>> https://www.linkedin.com/in/etresoft/

>> See:- https://postimg.cc/F1NnxVTM
>
> You'll note that it says 2013 on that profile.
>
> The company wasn't incorporated until 2015!

So two years getting started?

> See:- https://ised-isde.canada.ca/cc/lgcy/fdrlCrpDtls.html?corpId=9212671
>
> A slip of the pen? Who knows? JD knows.

I do not know enough about the laws, nor the common practices, to have much
insight here.

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Re: Troll-lol-lol!

<6ZlpM.17577$edH5.2556@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16596&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#16596

Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: Dav...@nomail.afraid.org (David Brooks)
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2023 23:16:34 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Wed, 5 Jul 2023 22:16 UTC

On 05/07/2023 23:07, Snit wrote:
> On Jul 5, 2023 at 3:06:32 PM MST, "David Brooks" wrote
> <IPlpM.52201$edN3.1946@fx14.iad>:

>>> https://www.linkedin.com/in/etresoft/

>>> See:- https://postimg.cc/F1NnxVTM
>>
>> You'll note that it says 2013 on that profile.
>>
>> The company wasn't incorporated until 2015!
>
> So two years getting started?

Or he's simply a lying toerag! ;-)

>> See:- https://ised-isde.canada.ca/cc/lgcy/fdrlCrpDtls.html?corpId=9212671
>>
>> A slip of the pen? Who knows? JD knows.
>
> I do not know enough about the laws, nor the common practices, to have much
> insight here.

Someone reading here might know.

--
David

Re: Troll-lol-lol!

<V%lpM.3800$oNKd.3204@fx48.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16597&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#16597

From: brock.mc...@gmail.com (Snit)
Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2023 22:19:33 GMT
 by: Snit - Wed, 5 Jul 2023 22:19 UTC

On Jul 5, 2023 at 3:16:34 PM MST, "David Brooks" wrote
<6ZlpM.17577$edH5.2556@fx11.iad>:

> On 05/07/2023 23:07, Snit wrote:
>> On Jul 5, 2023 at 3:06:32 PM MST, "David Brooks" wrote
>> <IPlpM.52201$edN3.1946@fx14.iad>:

>>> You'll note that it says 2013 on that profile.
>>>
>>> The company wasn't incorporated until 2015!
>>
>> So two years getting started?
>
> Or he's simply a lying toerag! ;-)

Or runs a small business and is avoiding regulations -- not saying I would
approve, but it is not uncommon. Who knows.

>>> See:- https://ised-isde.canada.ca/cc/lgcy/fdrlCrpDtls.html?corpId=9212671
>>>
>>> A slip of the pen? Who knows? JD knows.
>>
>> I do not know enough about the laws, nor the common practices, to have much
>> insight here.
>
> Someone reading here might know.

I hope so.

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Re: Troll-lol-lol!

<f47cai1n7qk05v97lbl5h6u83qr3qbnhsd@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16604&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#16604

From: KFi...@podcasts.org (Kelly Phillips)
Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2023 20:48:28 -0500
 by: Kelly Phillips - Thu, 6 Jul 2023 01:48 UTC

On Wed, 5 Jul 2023 22:49:51 +0100, David Brooks
<DavidB@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

>On 05/07/2023 21:57, Kelly Phillips wrote:
>> On Wed, 5 Jul 2023 08:45:02 +0100, David Brooks
>> <DavidB@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Who, EXACTLY, has checked, or is checking, what happens on a computer
>>> which has had EtreCheck installed on it?
>>>
>>> Certainly not the owner of that machine I'll warrant!
>>
>> Substitute your current favorite software target for any of a million
>> others and you could say exactly the same thing. Why the fixation on
>> this particular program? Oh, that's right, they committed the
>> unforgivable sin of realizing that you're a total POS and *they stopped
>> talking to you*. Boo-f*cking-hoo, cry baby. Get over it already. You
>> give the other alcoholics a bad name.
>
>Perhaps you could show me a screenshot of John Daniel's LinkedIn profile
>- just to demonstrate that it's only ME, David, who he has blocked?
>
>I have a hard copy if you'd like to compare.

I asked you to stop your stalking/sliming campaign, and you immediately
asked me to join that campaign! WTF?

I think I liked you better before you pretended to stop drinking. You
were still a POS then, but at least you had a reason.

>HTH

HTH

Re: Troll-lol-lol!

<vg7caip6n8091959626fmm1lcc3uf5n366@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16605&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#16605

From: KFi...@podcasts.org (Kelly Phillips)
Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2023 20:52:49 -0500
 by: Kelly Phillips - Thu, 6 Jul 2023 01:52 UTC

On Wed, 5 Jul 2023 23:06:32 +0100, David Brooks
<DavidB@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

>On 05/07/2023 22:57, David Brooks wrote:
>> On 05/07/2023 22:52, Snit wrote:

>>> There are a ton of people with that name. Happen to have a link?
>>
>> https://www.linkedin.com/in/etresoft/

>> See:- https://postimg.cc/F1NnxVTM
>
>You'll note that it says 2013 on that profile.
>
>The company wasn't incorporated until 2015!
>
>See:- https://ised-isde.canada.ca/cc/lgcy/fdrlCrpDtls.html?corpId=9212671
>
>A slip of the pen? Who knows? JD knows.
>
>*The truth WILL out*!

The truth has long been out. You're a dishonest POS, always ready to
stalk and slime.

>HTH

HTH

Re: Troll-lol-lol!

<bm7cai1pl5hne8g9rj2f44nupos5e63ijv@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16606&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#16606

From: KFi...@podcasts.org (Kelly Phillips)
Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2023 20:55:23 -0500
 by: Kelly Phillips - Thu, 6 Jul 2023 01:55 UTC

On Wed, 5 Jul 2023 23:16:34 +0100, David Brooks
<DavidB@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

>On 05/07/2023 23:07, Snit wrote:
>> On Jul 5, 2023 at 3:06:32 PM MST, "David Brooks" wrote
>> <IPlpM.52201$edN3.1946@fx14.iad>:

>>> You'll note that it says 2013 on that profile.
>>>
>>> The company wasn't incorporated until 2015!
>>
>> So two years getting started?
>
>Or he's simply a lying toerag! ;-)
>
>>> See:- https://ised-isde.canada.ca/cc/lgcy/fdrlCrpDtls.html?corpId=9212671
>>>
>>> A slip of the pen? Who knows? JD knows.
>>
>> I do not know enough about the laws, nor the common practices, to have much
>> insight here.
>
>Someone reading here might know.

Does it matter what anyone says? You're going to continue to stalk and
slime the guy because it's what you do. It's *all* you do.