From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Goodbye TikTok
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 10:46:11 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Wed, 24 Apr 2024 09:46 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c87zp82247yo

<quotes>

The US Senate has approved a controversial landmark bill that could see TikTok banned in America.

It gives TikTok's Chinese owner, ByteDance, nine months to sell its stake or the app will be blocked in the United States.

The social media company said the bill would "trample the free speech rights of 170 million Americans, devastate seven million businesses, and shutter a platform that contributes $24 billion to the US economy, annually."

</quotes>

It's funny really; America will ban an app which is used and enjoyed by half of all Americans yet it won't ban the guns which kill tens of thousands.

And, with the 9 month deadline, I can't help but think Biden has punted the final decision into a Trump term.

Not that I can see TikTok allowing itself to be stolen by an American company.

ByteDance say they won't sell and China won't allow it to be sold. ByteDance will lose all their TikTok revenue whether sold or banned so they'll be happy with the ban pissing off half of America by banning it.

America has shot herself in the foot on the basis of imaginary security threat and national harm.

Re: hippy sucks nigger dick

<17c9450d0891daa7$163534$1425202$44d50e60@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16626&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#16626

Subject: Re: hippy sucks nigger dick
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (Jesse)
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 12:44:14 -0400
 by: Jesse - Wed, 24 Apr 2024 16:44 UTC

STFUB, US issues no concern of yours

--
"The narrower the view, the sharper the focus" [my quote]

Re: hippy sucks nigger dick

<20240424190600.00000170@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16635&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#16635

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 19:06:00 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Wed, 24 Apr 2024 18:06 UTC

On Wed, 24 Apr 2024 12:44:14 -0400
Jesse <zo@so.org> wrote:

<quote>

If broads are allowed to expose themselves in public, I think I should have the same right. If they breast feed on a park bench, I should legally be allowed to masturbate right next to them.

</quote>