Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Ridley Scott's Play Want Bin (PWBE 20 Nov 2023)
From: kendr...@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 00:25:10 +0000
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 00:25 UTC

I haven't seen the Napoleon film and I am therefore not informed enough
to make proper fun of it. Although I do suspect that it needed to be
made by French people in order for its intended effect to work.

Play:
--=--

Learn Chess (DS) - Oh boy, I can't wait to see how they handle
instructional content on the DS because my kid wants to learn how to
play chess. From a ghost. Whose chess pieces have been stolen by a
pirate. And you have to navigate an overworld RPG map and follow mission
markers to get to the next quest to learn how a knight moves or why a
bishop can only be on one colour square. Yeah, my kid isn't going to
cotton to this.

Classic Word Games (DS) - Awesome, my kid likes crosswords and word
finds. But this Ubisoft travesty tries to teach you about advanced
vocabulary concepts and gates off the actual games in the game until
you've read all of its turgid and overly academic prose. Yeah, my kid
isn't going to cotton to this either.

House of the Dead III and Starsky and Hutch (XBX) - I'll have more to
say in the podcast, but I did want to mention that it's sort of
astonishing that there are only three light gun games for the original
Xbox. Silent Scope Complete is the other one but that one barely
qualifies and doesn't really merit the use of the hardware. I'm having
trouble unlocking HOTD2 on the HOTD3 disc, largely because I'm too proud
to crank down the difficulty. I should crank down the difficulty.

Want:
--=--

Another Playstation 3 (PS3) - See, I'm just stockpiling components at
this point. This one had a first-party Dual Shock 3 with it, so I like
to think that what I've done is bought a second-hand controller that
happens to come with a USB cable, a HDMI cable and an overcomplicated
Blu-Ray player.

Bin:
-==-

Nothing gaming-related.

Expenditure:
-----=-----

Balance forward - $5,610

Deathsmiles I+II (PS4) - $22
House of the Dead Remake (PS5) - $30
Atelier Ayesha (PS3) - $20
Another Playstation 3 (PS3) - $60
Luigi's Mansion 3 (NSW) - $40
Sonic Origins Plus (NSW) - $20
Rune Factor 3 Special (NSW) - $30

Total to date - $5,832

-KKC, who has too many things to do this week.

Re: Ridley Scott's Play Want Bin (PWBE 20 Nov 2023)

<%JJ6N.313321$QCp6.255431@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1668&group=uk.games.video.misc#1668

From: zgedn...@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com (Russell Marks)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Re: Ridley Scott's Play Want Bin (PWBE 20 Nov 2023)
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 14:06:51 GMT
 by: Russell Marks - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 14:06 UTC

> Play:

Saints Row (PS4) - this is a bit of an odd one, in some ways it's
quite good and a fair attempt at a reboot (which seems to be trying
for a sort of updated mix of the SR2 and SR3 approaches, with only
slight hints of SR4), but for me it's still too been-there-done-that
somehow. Maybe I've just played too many sandboxy games at this point.
Anyway, it's playable enough despite that.

> Want:

Nothing.

> Bin:

Saints Row running with quite a bit of fan noise on ye olde PS4, for
no obvious reason.

-Rus.

Re: Ridley Scott's Play Want Bin (PWBE 20 Nov 2023)

<ks1qf0F9unbU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1669&group=uk.games.video.misc#1669

From: jai...@usually.sessile.org (Jaimie Vandenbergh)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Date: 20 Nov 2023 19:30:40 GMT
 by: Jaimie Vandenbergh - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 19:30 UTC

On 20 Nov 2023 at 00:25:10 GMT, "Kendrick Kerwin Chua"
<kendrick@nospam.io-nyc> wrote:

> Another Playstation 3 (PS3) - See, I'm just stockpiling components at
> this point. This one had a first-party Dual Shock 3 with it, so I like
> to think that what I've done is bought a second-hand controller that
> happens to come with a USB cable, a HDMI cable and an overcomplicated

charger. FTFY :)

> Blu-Ray player.

Cheers - Jaimie (no games lately)
--
boy, n.
1. Noise with dirt on it.

aus+uk / uk.games.video.misc / Re: Ridley Scott's Play Want Bin (PWBE 20 Nov 2023)