From: jgaines_...@yahoo.co.uk (Jeff Gaines)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
Subject: PIM
Date: 11 Dec 2021 15:56:15 GMT
 by: Jeff Gaines - Sat, 11 Dec 2021 15:56 UTC

I am searching for a new PIM to replace Outlook and have discovered that
"PIM" now stands for "Product Information Manager" which is a bit of a
surprise, bit like RSS feed aggregators being called newsreaders.

Anybody tell me what I should look for to find a Personal Information
Manager please?

--
Jeff Gaines Wiltshire UK
That's an amazing invention but who would ever want to use one of them?

Re: PIM

<sp2jpa$o9p$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1683&group=uk.comp.homebuilt#1683

From: sradclif...@gmail.com (newshound)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
Subject: Re: PIM
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2021 16:31:39 +0000
 by: newshound - Sat, 11 Dec 2021 16:31 UTC

On 11/12/2021 15:56, Jeff Gaines wrote:

> I am searching for a new PIM to replace Outlook and have discovered that
> "PIM" now stands for "Product Information Manager" which is a bit of a
> surprise, bit like RSS feed aggregators being called newsreaders.
>
> Anybody tell me what I should look for to find a Personal Information
> Manager please?

Do you mean an email client with integrated address book, calendar, and
to-do list or equivalent? Personally, I use Google Calendar but Apple
and Outlook calendars can be made to synchronise with it. Similarly
Gmail address book will synchronise with Outlook as well as an Android
phone "contacts list". To do lists and general scratchpad for notes, I
used to use Google Keep, but have mostly moved over to Alexa Lists
(because I have an Alexa with a screen in the kitchen, which is usually
where I want to update a shopping list). But I have the Alexa app on the
phone so I can update the shopping list from anywhere.

I find Outlook a bit irritating, but it's the default mail system on a
laptop supplied by my main customer, so I have learned to live with it.

Last time I looked there were dozens for every operating system there
is, but Google is everywhere.

Re: PIM

<5lehrgh16vvvtcbp673ndc3mlpgg8kg1bc@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1685&group=uk.comp.homebuilt#1685

From: mikehalm...@gmail.com (Mike Halmarack)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 15:43:42 +0000
 by: Mike Halmarack - Tue, 14 Dec 2021 15:43 UTC

On 11 Dec 2021 15:56:15 GMT, "Jeff Gaines"
<jgaines_newsid@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>I am searching for a new PIM to replace Outlook and have discovered that
>"PIM" now stands for "Product Information Manager" which is a bit of a
>surprise, bit like RSS feed aggregators being called newsreaders.
>
>Anybody tell me what I should look for to find a Personal Information
>Manager please?

I've used Mybase for many years and love it. It has way more features
than I use. So it has a lot of potential for smart peoples projects
too.

http://www.wjjsoft.com/mybase.html
--

Mike