Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Tube Strike Play Want Bin (PWBE 8 Jan 2024)
From: kendr...@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2024 00:17:43 +0000
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 00:17 UTC

Wait, they're *not* going on strike now? How am I supposed to create
topical subject headers in the face of all this uncertainty and
reasonable behaviour?

Play:
--=--

Disney Universe (360) - Make a mental note, if you have a child account
in the current iteration of Xbox Live it's not considered a valid 360
login on its own, which negates the value of 360 backward compatibility.
Not that I mind having my kid enjoy 360 games on my identity, but it
messes with my achievements in a moderately annoying way. This is a
basic co-op platform brawler thing, not unlike Fusion Frenzy except
with more scrolling and dumber puzzles. My kid isn't quite used to
things like gravity changing or reverse controls yet, so he's nearly
wrecking the analogue stick trying to figure out how to steer a floating
duck or navigate through 3D space without reference points.

Guilty Gear Strive (XSX) - It's a Gamepass title. I'm not really into
it, I'm just trying vaguely to earn Xbox Reward points on the vague hope
that I might score something approaching a free month of service later
in the year. But I'm also not trying all that hard, mostly because I
don't want to take stupid surveys or otherwise participate in real
demographic research. Oh yes, it's a nicely done fighting game but I
barely understand the stakes or the characters at this point. I liked
Guilty Gear better when it was 2D and simpler, which pretty much
describes my thinking on almost all fighting games these days.

The Plug In All Your 3DS Games game (3DS) - So it recently came out that
Nintendo uses an over-complicated NAND flash for their cartridges rather
than a more conventional standard ROM. What this means is that if you
don't plug them in on the regular, the data might be lost. I'm not 100
percent sure if this is nonsense, but I only have 60 or so 3DS games so
it's not going to be much of a bother to make it part of my routine to
plug them all in on the regular. I can fit it in between charging my
PSPs and scrubbing the corrosion off of my Megadrive cartridges. Because
what I do is prepare games to be played rather than actually playing
games. Not looking forward to this being a requirement for Switch
cartridges though.

Want:
--=--

Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth (PS5) - I haven't preordered it yet,
weirdly. I'm still a little bit sore about LAD Gaiden not getting a
proper disc release in the west, so I'm genuinely less motivated to get
this right at launch. Which is unusually spiteful even for me, because
I'm the biggest cheerleader for this game series ever.

Singstar Microphones (PS2/PS3) - Interestingly, the Singstar games don't
use standard USB microphones because there's some interesting gubbins in
here used for pitch detection. Also yaw and roll, probably. Either way,
I've got a set ordered to go with all the stupid Singstar games I just
bought.

Bin:
-==-

Nothing gaming-related.

Expenditure:
-----=-----

Balance forward - $0

Primal (PS2) - $12
Rebel Raiders Operation Nighthawk (PS2) - $3
Karaoke Revolution (PS2) - $2
Karaoke Revolution 2 (PS2) - $3
Karaoke Revolution 3 (PS2) - $3
Karaoke Revolution Party (PS2) - $2
Singstar Rocks (PS2) - $3
Singstar 80s (PS2) - $3
Singstar Pop (PS2) - $2
Singstar Amped (PS2) - $3
Singstar 90s (PS2) - $5
Fantavision (PS2) - $3
In The Groove (PS2) - $3
Dance Dance Revolution Extreme (PS2) - $7
Silent Scope (PS2) - $7
Zone of the Enders HD Collection (360) - $12
Tomb Raider Legend (360) - $9
Sacred 2 Fallen Angel (360) - $8
Risen (360) - $9
Just Cause 2 (360) - $8
Disney Universe (360) - $8
Destroy All Humans (XBX) - $5
Final Fantasy X/X2 Remaster (PS3) - $8
Skyrim (PS3) - $5
Risen 2 Dark Waters (360) - $10
Risen 3 Titan Lords (360) - $12
Vanquish (PS3) - $10
Two PS2 Singstar Microphones (PS2) - $20

Total to date - $185

-KKC, whose yearly spending is off to a flying, gunshot start.

Re: Tube Strike Play Want Bin (PWBE 8 Jan 2024)

<l02fmnF9admU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1688&group=uk.games.video.misc#1688

From: jai...@usually.sessile.org (Jaimie Vandenbergh)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Re: Tube Strike Play Want Bin (PWBE 8 Jan 2024)
Date: 8 Jan 2024 14:38:15 GMT
 by: Jaimie Vandenbergh - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 14:38 UTC

On 8 Jan 2024 at 00:17:43 GMT, "Kendrick Kerwin Chua"
<kendrick@nospam.io-nyc> wrote:

> Wait, they're *not* going on strike now? How am I supposed to create
> topical subject headers in the face of all this uncertainty and
> reasonable behaviour?
>
> Play:
> --=--

Divinity Original Sin 2 (PMG with Orrah/Choobs/HarpingOn) - My second
time, first one fell apart about 35 hours in. It's a lot easier this
time around, as I'm not flailing in a sea of unknown UI. Choobs and
Harper are though, they keep switching up what machine/OS combo they're
playing on (for mostly reasonable reasons) which has led to some
amusement. Anyway, we've sweet-talked a lot more things this time than
last, so only had a couple of TPKs. Using PCs for gaming is such an
arse, we've also had much faffery getting audio chat working; my mic
dropped out without realising for half an hour last sesh.

> The Plug In All Your 3DS Games game (3DS) - So it recently came out that
> Nintendo uses an over-complicated NAND flash for their cartridges

I suppose I ought to do this, but I'm struggling to care enough. I do
only have four or so Switch carts, and the 3DS hasn't been used since
the Switch arrived - plus it has easy CFW and easy romfile play. As does
my launch-day Switch for that matter.

> Want:
> --=--

Mmmmmmmmm nothing I think. Apart from the will to play Amiga games now
I've fettled some up with new accelerators and storage.

> Bin:
> -==-

Tangentially gaming related: temperatures, and the ability of filament
and reson printers to fail irritatingly under 15C ambient. My filament
printer went from 'flawless (almost)' to 'can't print a first layer' as
winter hit, and I got one print out of the resin machine before it
cooled down. Need to produce an environment-controlled fume cabinet for
them; working on accumulating the necessary bits for that.

Gaming relatedness being that I'm supposed to be printing bits for a
joystick-tuning kit and a cart ripper, as well as various Amiga
bits'n'bobs.

> Expenditure:
> -----=-----

Hmm. Maybe I'll do that this year.

> -KKC, whose yearly spending is off to a flying, gunshot start.

£0 so far for me.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
Communicating badly and then acting smug when
you're misunderstood is not cleverness.

Re: Tube Strike Play Want Bin (PWBE 8 Jan 2024)

<kyYmN.1782447$MwE9.594081@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1689&group=uk.games.video.misc#1689

From: zgedn...@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com (Russell Marks)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2024 20:03:28 GMT
 by: Russell Marks - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 20:03 UTC

> Play:

The Typing of the Dead (DC) - maybe not as exciting as The Typing of
the Post, but a solid runner-up. Of course, it also provides valuable
and insightful tips during gameplay such as "don't wet your pants",
which is something I'll be trying to take on board in future.

> Want:

Nothing.

> Singstar Microphones (PS2/PS3) - Interestingly, the Singstar games don't
> use standard USB microphones because there's some interesting gubbins in
> here used for pitch detection. Also yaw and roll, probably.

I can't believe I didn't see that pun coming, but I'm glad I didn't. :-)

> Bin:

A multi-projectile attack the final boss has in TotD. I can just never
seem to type everything for that one fast enough, somehow.

-Rus.

aus+uk / uk.games.video.misc / Re: Tube Strike Play Want Bin (PWBE 8 Jan 2024)