It is better to live rich than to die rich. -- Samuel Johnson

aus+uk / uk.people.silversurfers / Re: GMT Wednesday 11th August 2021

SubjectAuthor
* GMT Wednesday 11th August 2021Herbie
+- Re: GMT Wednesday 11th August 2021Indy Jess John
`* Re: GMT Wednesday 11th August 2021Flyi?g ?u? 2?2? +
 `* Re: GMT Wednesday 11th August 2021Smokey
  `* Re: GMT Wednesday 11th August 2021Flyi?g ?u? 2?2? +
   `* Re: GMT Wednesday 11th August 2021Smokey
    `* Re: GMT Wednesday 11th August 2021Flyi?g ?u? 2?2? +
     `* Re: GMT Wednesday 11th August 2021Smokey
      `- Re: GMT Wednesday 11th August 2021Flyi?g ?u? 2?2? +

1
GMT Wednesday 11th August 2021

<f407hg5ir2a4d31vr0gqn02cvqv6rhk2ho@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1675&group=uk.people.silversurfers#1675

From: inva...@invalid.com (Herbie)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: GMT Wednesday 11th August 2021
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2021 08:47:58 +0100
 by: Herbie - Wed, 11 Aug 2021 07:47 UTC

Good morning all from Dorset.

Cloudy and dry start to the day.
The current temperature is 16.8C.
and a pressure of 1020mb

Take care.

Herbie.

Re: GMT Wednesday 11th August 2021

<sf00v8$56o$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1676&group=uk.people.silversurfers#1676

From: bathwatc...@OMITTHISgooglemail.com (Indy Jess John)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: Re: GMT Wednesday 11th August 2021
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2021 09:15:33 +0100
 by: Indy Jess John - Wed, 11 Aug 2021 08:15 UTC

On 11/08/2021 08:47, Herbie wrote:
> Good morning all from Dorset.
>
> Cloudy and dry start to the day.
> The current temperature is 16.8C.
> and a pressure of 1020mb
>
> Take care.
>
> Herbie.

Good morning from Somerset.
64F and 1018mb. It is overcast in light grey, so it is bright but not
sunny. It is windier than yesterday though and the forecast said
isolated light showers so it might not stay dry, though it has not
rained so far.

Best wishes to everybody.

Jim

Re: GMT Wednesday 11th August 2021

<inhhp2FiglnU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1677&group=uk.people.silversurfers#1677

From: flying...@roseofwhite.plus.com (Flyi?g ?u? 2?2? +)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2021 09:58:15 +0100
 by: Flyi?g ?u? 2?2? + - Wed, 11 Aug 2021 08:58 UTC

Herbie wrote:
> Good morning all from Dorset.
>
> Cloudy and dry start to the day.
> The current temperature is 16.8C.
> and a pressure of 1020mb
>
> Take care.
>
> Herbie.

Mornin' from a dry, cooler, bright and partially sunny day here in
South Yorkshire. We've had BYT popping in and out so far today lifting
the temperature to 15.7�C (60.3�F), barometric pressure has now been
steady at 106.5 mB for around 6 hours with RH showing as 80%. Forecast
is for very little change throughout the day with the exceptions that we
should expect a few light showers in the late afternoon and early
evening, amounting to a total rainfall of around 0.6 mm. Temperature
could reach a peak of 24�C (75.2�F) by mid-afternoon. Have a great day
one and all.
Unlike with yesterday morning, no drama for Sootie today. Out on
reconnaissance at 07:00, back indoors in bed by 07:30, then breakfast
around 08:30 and back outside on sentry duty guarding the jungle from
the shed roof.
--
Heard melodies are sweet but those Unheard are sweeter.
FN 2�2�+. Mungo Brandybuck of Buckland..

Re: GMT Wednesday 11th August 2021

<ini3f4Fm375U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1678&group=uk.people.silversurfers#1678

From: me...@privacy.net (Smokey)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: 11 Aug 2021 14:00:04 GMT
 by: Smokey - Wed, 11 Aug 2021 14:00 UTC

Flyiñg Ñuñ 2°2¹ + <flyingnun@roseofwhite.plus.com> wrote:
> Herbie wrote:
>> Good morning all from Dorset.
>>
>> Cloudy and dry start to the day.
>> The current temperature is 16.8C.
>> and a pressure of 1020mb
>>
>> Take care.
>>
>> Herbie.

Early for a hossie appt , so having a quick read through SS, my second
cataract op didn’t go to well , so I’m here for a correction , fingers
crossed . Let’s hope it’s third time lucky . Can’t say I’m looking forward
to it … Fingers crossed !

--
§mokey

Re: GMT Wednesday 11th August 2021

<maKdnTLBltTZnIn8nZ2dnUU78N_NnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1679&group=uk.people.silversurfers#1679

From: flying...@roseofwhite.plus.com (Flyi?g ?u? 2?2? +)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2021 17:56:41 +0100
 by: Flyi?g ?u? 2?2? + - Wed, 11 Aug 2021 16:56 UTC

"Smokey" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> Flyi�g �u� 2�2� + <flyingnun@roseofwhite.plus.com> wrote:
>> Herbie wrote:
>>> Good morning all from Dorset.
>>>
>>> Cloudy and dry start to the day.
>>> The current temperature is 16.8C.
>>> and a pressure of 1020mb
>>>
>>> Take care.
>>>
>>> Herbie.
>>>

> Early for a hossie appt , so having a quick read through SS, my second
> cataract op didn't go to well , so I'm here for a correction , fingers
> crossed . Let's hope it's third time lucky . Can't say I'm looking
> forward
> to it . Fingers crossed !

Good luck with the procedure Smokey. It's almost 5 years since I had my
cataracts done, and the image from the left one, my predominant eye,
seems to be markedly dimmer than the right one. But then I always am
seeking for perfection I probably will get it checked out eventually,
when the covid-19 issues and all the associated problems with the NHS
ease off. I seem to be seeing them enough at present, shingles jab
earlier this afternoon and ear syringing next week. I suppose I am
getting my money's worth from them.
--
Heard melodies are sweet but those Unheard are sweeter.
FN 2�2�+. Mungo Brandybuck of Buckland..
flyingnun@roseofwhite.plus.com

Re: GMT Wednesday 11th August 2021

<ink7niF4u8bU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1683&group=uk.people.silversurfers#1683

From: me...@privacy.net (Smokey)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: 12 Aug 2021 09:25:06 GMT
 by: Smokey - Thu, 12 Aug 2021 09:25 UTC

Flyiñg Ñuñ 2°2¹ + <flyingnun@roseofwhite.plus.com> wrote:
> "Smokey" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
>

>> Early for a hossie appt , so having a quick read through SS, my second
>> cataract op didn't go to well , so I'm here for a correction , fingers
>> crossed . Let's hope it's third time lucky . Can't say I'm looking
>> forward
>> to it . Fingers crossed !
>>
> Good luck with the procedure Smokey. It's almost 5 years since I had my
> cataracts done, and the image from the left one, my predominant eye,
> seems to be markedly dimmer than the right one. But then I always am
> seeking for perfection I probably will get it checked out eventually,
> when the covid-19 issues and all the associated problems with the NHS
> ease off. I seem to be seeing them enough at present, shingles jab
> earlier this afternoon and ear syringing next week. I suppose I am
> getting my money's worth from them.

Thanks FN , op was a bit uncomfortable, unlike the other eye, but it’s
certainly clearer today . To be seen again on Saturday, so being well
looked after . Thinking’s appear to be getting back to a bit of normality ,
in a way . Have a good day ..
--
§mokey

Re: GMT Wednesday 11th August 2021

<inkbt1F5opqU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1686&group=uk.people.silversurfers#1686

From: flying...@roseofwhite.plus.com (Flyi?g ?u? 2?2? +)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2021 11:36:23 +0100
 by: Flyi?g ?u? 2?2? + - Thu, 12 Aug 2021 10:36 UTC

Smokey wrote:
> Flyi�g �u� 2�2� + <flyingnun@roseofwhite.plus.com> wrote:
>> "Smokey" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
>>

>>> Early for a hossie appt , so having a quick read through SS, my
>>> second cataract op didn't go to well , so I'm here for a correction
>>> , fingers crossed . Let's hope it's third time lucky . Can't say
>>> I'm looking forward
>>> to it . Fingers crossed !
>>>
>> Good luck with the procedure Smokey. It's almost 5 years since I
>> had my cataracts done, and the image from the left one, my
>> predominant eye, seems to be markedly dimmer than the right one.
>> But then I always am seeking for perfection I probably will get it
>> checked out eventually, when the covid-19 issues and all the
>> associated problems with the NHS ease off. I seem to be seeing them
>> enough at present, shingles jab earlier this afternoon and ear
>> syringing next week. I suppose I am getting my money's worth from
>> them.
>

> Thanks FN , op was a bit uncomfortable, unlike the other eye, but it's
> certainly clearer today . To be seen again on Saturday, so being well
> looked after . Thinking's appear to be getting back to a bit of
> normality , in a way . Have a good day ..

My first op was a doddle, but the second one was worrying. You know
how clear, bright and sharp everything looked when you first looked
around? Well with my second op at that point the eye was completely
blind. No shapes of anything else, it was like being in a locked
coal-shed during an air raid without any light at all, all black and
cold sweat with added panic. The surgeon told me to go to have a drink
(coffee or tea) and go home as it would get to be OK. No way!! I waited
in reception until she'd finished her morning's surgery and then got her
to look at the eye again. She said that what had happened was that the
iodine in the antiseptic wash they'd used on the eyeball had etched into
the cornea. As I put it to her that she had just moved my cataract from
the lens to the cornea. It took several days of using some special
eye-drops and I have ended up using special (preservative free)
eye-drops for the rest of my time as it appears that cornea now reacts
to the normal eye-drops that do contain preservative. These special
eye-drops - Carmize preservative free - come in special individual
plastic mini droppers. Once the seal is broken you mustn't use that
dropper more than 12 hours later. Needless to say I have a for life
repeat prescription for them.
--
Heard melodies are sweet but those Unheard are sweeter.
FN 2�2�+. Mungo Brandybuck of Buckland..
flyingnun@roseofwhite.plus.com

Re: GMT Wednesday 11th August 2021

<inks2dF91heU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1687&group=uk.people.silversurfers#1687

From: me...@privacy.net (Smokey)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: 12 Aug 2021 15:12:13 GMT
 by: Smokey - Thu, 12 Aug 2021 15:12 UTC

Flyiñg Ñuñ 2°2¹ + <flyingnun@roseofwhite.plus.com> wrote:
> Smokey wrote:
>> Flyiņg Ņuņ 2°2š + <flyingnun@roseofwhite.plus.com> wrote:
>>> "Smokey" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
>>>

> My first op was a doddle, but the second one was worrying. You know
> how clear, bright and sharp everything looked when you first looked
> around? Well with my second op at that point the eye was completely
> blind. No shapes of anything else, it was like being in a locked
> coal-shed during an air raid without any light at all, all black and
> cold sweat with added panic. The surgeon told me to go to have a drink
> (coffee or tea) and go home as it would get to be OK. No way!! I waited
> in reception until she'd finished her morning's surgery and then got her
> to look at the eye again. She said that what had happened was that the
> iodine in the antiseptic wash they'd used on the eyeball had etched into
> the cornea. As I put it to her that she had just moved my cataract from
> the lens to the cornea. It took several days of using some special
> eye-drops and I have ended up using special (preservative free)
> eye-drops for the rest of my time as it appears that cornea now reacts
> to the normal eye-drops that do contain preservative. These special
> eye-drops - Carmize preservative free - come in special individual
> plastic mini droppers. Once the seal is broken you mustn't use that
> dropper more than 12 hours later. Needless to say I have a for life
> repeat prescription for them.

Not so good FN , friend had a problem with Iodine too , they did use it
yesterday, so hope I don’t have problems, although I’m sure I’d know by now
§mokey

Re: GMT Wednesday 11th August 2021

<inn1auFmiivU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1696&group=uk.people.silversurfers#1696

From: flying...@roseofwhite.plus.com (Flyi?g ?u? 2?2? +)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2021 11:54:29 +0100
 by: Flyi?g ?u? 2?2? + - Fri, 13 Aug 2021 10:54 UTC

Smokey wrote:
> Flyi�g �u� 2�2� + <flyingnun@roseofwhite.plus.com> wrote:
>> Smokey wrote:
>>>>

>> My first op was a doddle, but the second one was worrying. You know
>> how clear, bright and sharp everything looked when you first looked
>> around? Well with my second op at that point the eye was completely
>> blind. No shapes of anything else, it was like being in a locked
>> coal-shed during an air raid without any light at all, all black and
>> cold sweat with added panic. The surgeon told me to go to have a
>> drink (coffee or tea) and go home as it would get to be OK. No
>> way!! I waited in reception until she'd finished her morning's
>> surgery and then got her to look at the eye again. She said that
>> what had happened was that the iodine in the antiseptic wash they'd
>> used on the eyeball had etched into the cornea. As I put it to her
>> that she had just moved my cataract from the lens to the cornea.
>> It took several days of using some special eye-drops and I have
>> ended up using special (preservative free) eye-drops for the rest of
>> my time as it appears that cornea now reacts to the normal eye-drops
>> that do contain preservative. These special eye-drops - Carmize
>> preservative free - come in special individual plastic mini
>> droppers. Once the seal is broken you mustn't use that dropper more
>> than 12 hours later. Needless to say I have a for life repeat
>> prescription for them.
>

> Not so good FN , friend had a problem with Iodine too , they did use
> it yesterday, so hope I don't have problems, although I'm sure I'd
> know by now ..

I reckon it's a well known, but not well publicised problem. I was
suspicious as soon as the surgeon had examined the affected eye about an
hour after the surgery had been completed. Her opening words were
something: "You know the antiseptic wipe of your eyeball at the start?
Well that wash contains iodine and despite flushing the eye in _the
stated time_ it looks like it has etched into your cornea". It was the
way she implied immediately that they hadn't left the wipe on the
eyeball for too long, made me suspicious that, somehow she was
covering her, or her team's backs, although it was an assistant who
wiped and then flushed the eyeball.