From: usenet.t...@gmail.com (Tweed)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: What’s gone wrong at EMR?
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2021 10:35:05 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:MUbS9B+Ca7z7vhRYaQxIVhhsBPc=
 by: Tweed - Thu, 17 Jun 2021 10:35 UTC

Just got this in an email:

We're sorry our new timetable that launched on 16 May hasn't worked as well
as we expected for our Regional services.

Plans are already underway to fix the problems we've been experiencing, but
in the meantime we need to make some changes to our Regional timetable so
that we can deliver a more reliable service.

The new amended Regional timetable will be in effect from 19 June 2021. We
have reduced some services whilst protecting those that we know are the
most important to our customers.

Re: What?s gone wrong at EMR?

<PIOaz6cf4yygFA7j@perry.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1705&group=uk.railway#1705

From: rol...@perry.co.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Re: What???s gone wrong at EMR?
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2021 12:12:31 +0100
 by: Roland Perry - Thu, 17 Jun 2021 11:12 UTC

In message <saf8gp$ai1$1@dont-email.me>, at 10:35:05 on Thu, 17 Jun
2021, Tweed <usenet.tweed@gmail.com> remarked:
>Just got this in an email:
>
>We're sorry our new timetable that launched on 16 May hasn't worked as well
>as we expected for our Regional services.
>
>Plans are already underway to fix the problems we've been experiencing, but
>in the meantime we need to make some changes to our Regional timetable so
>that we can deliver a more reliable service.
>
>The new amended Regional timetable will be in effect from 19 June 2021. We
>have reduced some services whilst protecting those that we know are the
>most important to our customers.

A couple of weeks ago they were saying that an unusually large number of
their trains were out of action. I wonder if they were expecting some
Turbostars to enhance the fleet (and replace their 158's), and they are
delayed for some reason.

The Liverpool-Norwich service expected at Ely around 10am was cut short
at Nottingham, for example. It should have been a pair of units,
dividing, but perhaps it was only ever one (which then went back to
Liverpool). The return working (due Ely at around 1pm) was also
cancelled of course.
--
Roland Perry