Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Bad Weather Play Want Bin (PWBE 22 Jan 2024)
From: kendr...@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2024 00:04:29 +0000
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Mon, 22 Jan 2024 00:04 UTC

Yes, I know that 'bad' and 'weather' start with the appropriate letters
from which one might form a backronym but I'm not really motivated right
now.

Play:
--=--

Yakuza Kiwami (XSX) - What, again? Yes, to get Microsoft Reward points
because I know Kamurocho like the back o' me hand and because I pretty
much remember where all the Achievement/Trophy events happen to be. I
like how the Xbox keeps prompting me to to install the game, and I'm
like "Nah brah, I already own the disc for the real platform, I'll keep
playing this on your cloud server wot I paid for with the stupid
GamePass sub." It will probably not be worth all this time to get enough
points to extend the service one measly month (which I estimate will
take about four months of accruing points) so this is just an excuse to
redo Yakuza again on a different platform more than anything else.

Skyrim (PC/PS3) - Wait, what? The friendly local game store informed me
that Skyrim is one of the few Z-rated games in the JPN region on the
strength of that one beheading execution scene in the opening cinematic.
I'm not sure if I believe that story, but for sure I wasn't going to
pass up owning the JPN-region PS3 disc. It is hilarious that I thought I
would have enough familiar with Skyrim to be able to navigate the menus
and the interface solely in Japanese, because there's no option for
English text in this disc. It's essentially "Japanese subtitles on" or
"Japanese subtitles off" and nothing else. Fortunately, after comparing
the files and pfaffing around a bit with the emulation options I was
able to discover the way to change up the voices in the PC version,
which requires just a little bit of moving files around since it's not
an intended UI configuration feature. So now I can play Skyrim on the PC
with Japanese voices and English subtitles, just as the gods intended.

Want:
--=--

A Playstation 4 camera adapter dongle for Playstation 5 (PS5) - So this
is a thing that connects your Playstation 4 camera to a PS5, which has
inadvertently revealed to the world that the proprietary connector was
unnecessary and that they could have just done a regular old USB plug.
Ostensibly this is so that you can play PS4 Virtual Reality games on a
PS5, but I want it to be able to play House of the Dead Remake on my PS5
with Move controllers. But you can't *get* a PS4 camera adapter for PS5
unless you provide the serial number from a PS4 VR junction box thing,
and as I only have the one eyeball I'm never ever going to own such a
ridiculous thing. And Sony says they won't sell the thing on its own and
the third-party knockoffs that are littered all over Amazon look like
fire hazards in the making. Before you ask, you can't use a PS5 camera
for the PS4 version of House of the Dead Remake because why would you.

Another Vita Game (Vita) - Oh wait, I get some undiscovered back stock
of a Vita game if I order a Strictly Limited collector edition thing
that I already wanted? Yes please. I can't even remember what Vita game
it is, but I wants it, my precious.

Bin:
-==-

Nothing gaming-related.

Expenditure:
-----=-----

Balance forward - $214

Cotton Fantasy Collector's Edition (PS4) - $115
Skyrim (PS3) - $10 (it was the JPN-region disc)
A Playstation 4 Camera (PS4) - $20

Total to date - $359

-KKC, who has only two more youth football sessions to drive to this year.

Re: Bad Weather Play Want Bin (PWBE 22 Jan 2024)

<lCBrN.121391$mUo.16066@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1702&group=uk.games.video.misc#1702

From: zgedn...@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com (Russell Marks)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Re: Bad Weather Play Want Bin (PWBE 22 Jan 2024)
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2024 22:02:57 GMT
 by: Russell Marks - Mon, 22 Jan 2024 22:02 UTC

> Play:

Oekaki Puzzle (PS1) - restrain yourselves, exciting news... I did a
bunch of the easier puzzles. While it's not like I'm storming through
them (so to speak), I have to admit they've been dragging on a bit.

> Want:

To play something on the PS4 except Minecraft, it's been a while now.

> A Playstation 4 camera adapter dongle for Playstation 5 (PS5) - So this
> is a thing that connects your Playstation 4 camera to a PS5, which has
> inadvertently revealed to the world that the proprietary connector was
> unnecessary and that they could have just done a regular old USB plug.

Doing that is (or was?) very Sony though. Often having a funny
connector, or their own format.

> Bin:

Nothing.

-Rus.

aus+uk / uk.games.video.misc / Re: Bad Weather Play Want Bin (PWBE 22 Jan 2024)