From: thewildr...@icloud.com (Andy Hewitt)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Subject: Re: macOS/iOS upgrade time
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2021 17:33:45 +0100
 by: Andy Hewitt - Tue, 27 Apr 2021 16:33 UTC

On 26/04/2021 20:53, Ian McCall wrote:
> Mac, phone, watch, tVOS...nothing for HomePod, something for everything else
> I think.

Done my iPad and iPhone 6S, nothing much to report there, just going to
check the TVs (I have two, a HD and a 4K), then do the wife's.

Just a warning for older machines. I did the security update for my iMac
on Catalina, and suddenly couldn't get connected to anything Internet.
Tried all the tricks, resetting prefs and PRAM, swapping profiles, but
nothing doing.

I had got all the Objective-See stuff installed, and had disabled LuLu,
and BlockBlock in case it was those. That flummoxed me for a bit, but
when I uninstalled LuLu completely, the internet immediately started
working again. I'm guessing the update had something that didn't like
having LuLu installed.

--
Andy H

aus+uk / uk.comp.sys.mac / Re: macOS/iOS upgrade time