That which is not good for the swarm, neither is it good for the bee.

aus+uk / uk.sport.cricket / Re: Beginning of the end of Yorkshire CCC

SubjectAuthor
* Beginning of the end of Yorkshire CCCToby Briggs
+- Re: Beginning of the end of Yorkshire CCCRH
`* Re: Beginning of the end of Yorkshire CCCJohn Hall
 +* Re: Beginning of the end of Yorkshire CCCPamela
 |`* Re: Beginning of the end of Yorkshire CCCRH
 | `* Re: Beginning of the end of Yorkshire CCCPamela
 |  `- Re: Beginning of the end of Yorkshire CCCRH
 +- Re: Beginning of the end of Yorkshire CCCmike
 +* Re: Beginning of the end of Yorkshire CCCmax.it
 |`* Re: Beginning of the end of Yorkshire CCCMike Holmans
 | +- Re: Beginning of the end of Yorkshire CCCmax.it
 | `- Re: Beginning of the end of Yorkshire CCCPamela
 `- Re: Beginning of the end of Yorkshire CCCjack fredricks

1
Beginning of the end of Yorkshire CCC

<d672f756-7f76-4bb4-bb51-48516c2a22bdn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17021&group=uk.sport.cricket#17021

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2021 00:36:23 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Beginning of the end of Yorkshire CCC
From: toby.bri...@gmail.com (Toby Briggs)
 by: Toby Briggs - Fri, 5 Nov 2021 07:36 UTC

Following the ECB's decision to remove all internationals and major sponsors cutting ties, could this be the end of YCCC?

Re: Beginning of the end of Yorkshire CCC

<fd14a271-6a7e-4276-a2b7-0b33b1ff01ean@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17023&group=uk.sport.cricket#17023

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2021 01:15:06 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Beginning of the end of Yorkshire CCC
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (RH)
 by: RH - Fri, 5 Nov 2021 08:15 UTC

On Friday, November 5, 2021 at 7:36:24 AM UTC, Toby Briggs wrote:
> Following the ECB's decision to remove all internationals and major sponsors cutting ties, could this be the end of YCCC?

It is a moot point whether the ECB has the legal right to remove international matches from Yorkshire. After all the ECB is essentially the FC counties as a group. Yorkshire would be well advised to sue the ECB.

Whatever the outcome what this episode does show vividly is the tyrannical nature of political correctness. RH

Re: Beginning of the end of Yorkshire CCC

<T4BXGGCDbQhhFwXw@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17030&group=uk.sport.cricket#17030

From: john_nos...@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2021 10:26:11 +0000
 by: John Hall - Fri, 5 Nov 2021 10:26 UTC

In message <d672f756-7f76-4bb4-bb51-48516c2a22bdn@googlegroups.com>,
Toby Briggs <toby.briggs@gmail.com> writes
>Following the ECB's decision to remove all internationals and major
>sponsors cutting ties, could this be the end of YCCC?

Yes, I worry that the club might be forced out of business, which would
be a huge loss to county cricket and would penalise their followers, who
AFAIK haven't been accused of any wrong-doing.

It would be interesting if Adil Rashid was to be asked whether he has
ever experienced any racism at Yorkshire. I'd also like to have the
views of the other Asian players supposedly abused by Michael Vaughan.
Vaughan says the alleged incident didn't happen, Azeem Rafiq says it
did, but what do the others say? Surely that's the way to settle whose
memory of events is correct.
--
John Hall
"Home is heaven and orgies are vile,

Re: Beginning of the end of Yorkshire CCC

<XnsADD97059CEFF737B93@144.76.35.252>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17033&group=uk.sport.cricket#17033

From: pamela.p...@gmail.com (Pamela)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2021 11:02:40 GMT
 by: Pamela - Fri, 5 Nov 2021 11:02 UTC

On 10:26 5 Nov 2021, John Hall said:

> In message <d672f756-7f76-4bb4-bb51-48516c2a22bdn@googlegroups.com>,
> Toby Briggs <toby.briggs@gmail.com> writes
>>Following the ECB's decision to remove all internationals and major
>>sponsors cutting ties, could this be the end of YCCC?
>
> Yes, I worry that the club might be forced out of business, which
> would be a huge loss to county cricket and would penalise their
> followers, who AFAIK haven't been accused of any wrong-doing.
>
> It would be interesting if Adil Rashid was to be asked whether he
> has ever experienced any racism at Yorkshire. I'd also like to have
> the views of the other Asian players supposedly abused by Michael
> Vaughan. Vaughan says the alleged incident didn't happen, Azeem
> Rafiq says it did, but what do the others say? Surely that's the way
> to settle whose memory of events is correct.

Surely it is actually anti-racist to be concerned about on
disproportionate racial representation in a cricket team?

Re: Beginning of the end of Yorkshire CCC

<da1b0c36-04d2-4ce7-a24b-341dc1acb23dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17034&group=uk.sport.cricket#17034

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2021 04:40:51 -0700 (PDT)
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (RH)
 by: RH - Fri, 5 Nov 2021 11:40 UTC

On Friday, November 5, 2021 at 11:03:09 AM UTC, Pamela wrote:
> On 10:26 5 Nov 2021, John Hall said:
>
> > In message <d672f756-7f76-4bb4...@googlegroups.com>,
> > Toby Briggs <toby....@gmail.com> writes
> >>Following the ECB's decision to remove all internationals and major
> >>sponsors cutting ties, could this be the end of YCCC?
> >
> > Yes, I worry that the club might be forced out of business, which
> > would be a huge loss to county cricket and would penalise their
> > followers, who AFAIK haven't been accused of any wrong-doing.
> >
> > It would be interesting if Adil Rashid was to be asked whether he
> > has ever experienced any racism at Yorkshire. I'd also like to have
> > the views of the other Asian players supposedly abused by Michael
> > Vaughan. Vaughan says the alleged incident didn't happen, Azeem
> > Rafiq says it did, but what do the others say? Surely that's the way
> > to settle whose memory of events is correct.
> Surely it is actually anti-racist to be concerned about on
> disproportionate racial representation in a cricket team?

Well, it is what the politically correct insist is a racist situation if the "underrepresented" are non-white but never if the the underrepresented are white Englishmen , a situation which obtained in the period 1985- 2000 where as CMJ once complained the selectors were seeming obsessed with pace bowlers of West Indian ancestry - Malcolm, De Freitas,, Norman Cowans , Neil Williams, Gladstone Small, Joey, Benjamin Dean Headley, - of whom only Headly had a decent sustained Test record plus batsmen Roland Butcher, Wilf lack and Ramprakash . RH

Re: Beginning of the end of Yorkshire CCC

<d6ebd26a-60b5-4445-875a-d983e3930567n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17037&group=uk.sport.cricket#17037

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2021 05:21:38 -0700 (PDT)
From: dmike...@yahoo.co.uk (mike)
 by: mike - Fri, 5 Nov 2021 12:21 UTC

On Friday, November 5, 2021 at 10:31:12 AM UTC, John Hall wrote:
> In message <d672f756-7f76-4bb4...@googlegroups.com>,
> Toby Briggs <toby....@gmail.com> writes
> >Following the ECB's decision to remove all internationals and major
> >sponsors cutting ties, could this be the end of YCCC?
> Yes, I worry that the club might be forced out of business, which would
> be a huge loss to county cricket and would penalise their followers, who
> AFAIK haven't been accused of any wrong-doing.
>
> It would be interesting if Adil Rashid was to be asked whether he has
> ever experienced any racism at Yorkshire. I'd also like to have the
> views of the other Asian players supposedly abused by Michael Vaughan.
> Vaughan says the alleged incident didn't happen, Azeem Rafiq says it
> did, but what do the others say? Surely that's the way to settle whose
> memory of events is correct.
> --

I heard that one of the other 3 have confirmed it. But whatever the truth,
i suspect this is just the tip of the iceberg. Hutton is convinced that
things need to change and has resigned. Also it may not be just yorkshire.
But yorkshire have made this far worse for themselves by not publishing
the report.

mike

Re: Beginning of the end of Yorkshire CCC

<0r8aogt92hjlndn5o62q28q1gm3aqdc9nc@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17038&group=uk.sport.cricket#17038

From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2021 12:55:20 +0000
 by: max.it - Fri, 5 Nov 2021 12:55 UTC

On Fri, 5 Nov 2021 10:26:11 +0000, John Hall <john_nospam@jhall.co.uk>
wrote:

>In message <d672f756-7f76-4bb4-bb51-48516c2a22bdn@googlegroups.com>,
>Toby Briggs <toby.briggs@gmail.com> writes
>>Following the ECB's decision to remove all internationals and major
>>sponsors cutting ties, could this be the end of YCCC?
>
>Yes, I worry that the club might be forced out of business, which would
>be a huge loss to county cricket and would penalise their followers, who
>AFAIK haven't been accused of any wrong-doing.
>
>It would be interesting if Adil Rashid was to be asked whether he has
>ever experienced any racism at Yorkshire. I'd also like to have the
>views of the other Asian players supposedly abused by Michael Vaughan.
>Vaughan says the alleged incident didn't happen, Azeem Rafiq says it
>did, but what do the others say? Surely that's the way to settle whose
>memory of events is correct.

I had wondered what the other players had to say about Vaughan too.
Vaughan has denied he said anything, but he says also that memories
are fallible. Either he means everyone's memory or else only Asian
memories. You can't claim to be adamant and include a bad memory get
out clause,-
"If Rafiq believes something was said at the time to upset him then
that is what he believes. It is difficult to comment on that except to
say it hurts me hugely to think I potentially affected someone".

I wonder if Vaughan's was one of the 7 upheld complaints.
Chairman blames the board.
Ballance apologises but sort of implicates Rafiq bevause they were
friends.
Vaughan is facing compelling evidence but denies it and blames Rafiq's
memory.

Somebody has a bad memory and Nicola Sturgeon isn't even involved.

Some comments in other places are saying ECB was wrong to take away
England games from Headingly. It might be a wise move before touring
teams decide they won't play there; which could be much more of a
problem.

OT but a look behind closed doors and why internal investigations
don't work.
Reported this week in the news. A female civilian PSNI worker was
being sexually abused and harrassed by a serving police officer.
Eventually after a couple of suicide attempts she reported the
incidents.
It has emerged now that the officer was scolded for his behaviour and
fined £250. The civilian worker was provided with a rape alarm to
protect her from her abuser who was still her boss.

max.it

Re: Beginning of the end of Yorkshire CCC

<XnsADD984CCCFFA837B93@144.76.35.252>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17040&group=uk.sport.cricket#17040

From: pamela.p...@gmail.com (Pamela)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2021 13:03:17 GMT
 by: Pamela - Fri, 5 Nov 2021 13:03 UTC

On 11:40 5 Nov 2021, RH said:

> On Friday, November 5, 2021 at 11:03:09 AM UTC, Pamela wrote:
>> On 10:26 5 Nov 2021, John Hall said:
>>
>> > In message <d672f756-7f76-4bb4...@googlegroups.com>, Toby Briggs
>> > <toby....@gmail.com> writes
>> >
>> > Yes, I worry that the club might be forced out of business, which
>> > would be a huge loss to county cricket and would penalise their
>> > followers, who AFAIK haven't been accused of any wrong-doing.
>> >
>> > It would be interesting if Adil Rashid was to be asked whether he
>> > has ever experienced any racism at Yorkshire. I'd also like to
>> > have the views of the other Asian players supposedly abused by
>> > Michael Vaughan. Vaughan says the alleged incident didn't happen,
>> > Azeem Rafiq says it did, but what do the others say? Surely
>> > that's the way to settle whose memory of events is correct.
>> Surely it is actually anti-racist to be concerned about on
>> disproportionate racial representation in a cricket team?
>
> Well, it is what the politically correct insist is a racist
> situation if the "underrepresented" are non-white but never if the
> the underrepresented are white Englishmen , a situation which
> obtained in the period 1985- 2000 where as CMJ once complained the
> selectors were seeming obsessed with pace bowlers of West Indian
> ancestry - Malcolm, De Freitas,, Norman Cowans , Neil Williams,
> Gladstone Small, Joey, Benjamin Dean Headley, - of whom only
> Headly had a decent sustained Test record plus batsmen Roland
> Butcher, Wilf lack and Ramprakash . RH

Why does this country permit such overt anti-white racism in sport?

As blacks don't object to race quotas for university admission,
perhaps such quotas could be applied when selecting sports teams.

Re: Beginning of the end of Yorkshire CCC

<0b83481a-4205-46a1-96e1-3fedd7a4fceen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17041&group=uk.sport.cricket#17041

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2021 06:35:17 -0700 (PDT)
From: jzfredri...@gmail.com (jack fredricks)
 by: jack fredricks - Fri, 5 Nov 2021 13:35 UTC

On Friday, November 5, 2021 at 8:31:12 PM UTC+10, John Hall wrote:
> Surely that's the way to settle whose
> memory of events is correct.

Sadly it doesn't quite work that way. People cover things up.

What is currently in dispute? I thought YCCC did a review, agreed Bad Things were said, but that they were in jest or some rubbish.

Re: Beginning of the end of Yorkshire CCC

<437af554-b025-43c6-942a-abddb09db4d9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17043&group=uk.sport.cricket#17043

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2021 07:16:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (RH)
 by: RH - Fri, 5 Nov 2021 14:16 UTC

On Friday, November 5, 2021 at 1:03:46 PM UTC, Pamela wrote:
> On 11:40 5 Nov 2021, RH said:

> >> Surely it is actually anti-racist to be concerned about on
> >> disproportionate racial representation in a cricket team?
> >
> > Well, it is what the politically correct insist is a racist
> > situation if the "underrepresented" are non-white but never if the
> > the underrepresented are white Englishmen , a situation which
> > obtained in the period 1985- 2000 where as CMJ once complained the
> > selectors were seeming obsessed with pace bowlers of West Indian
> > ancestry - Malcolm, De Freitas,, Norman Cowans , Neil Williams,
> > Gladstone Small, Joey, Benjamin Dean Headley, - of whom only
> > Headly had a decent sustained Test record plus batsmen Roland
> > Butcher, Wilf Slack and Ramprakash . RH

I missed a couple of West Indian by descent pace bowlers, David Lawrence and Chris Lewis. . . That makes a doze in the period. 1985-2000.

> Why does this country permit such overt anti-white racism in sport?

Because we have an elite - politics, the civil service , academia, big business - who from quasi-religious belief or fear enforce political correctness.... RH

> As blacks don't object to race quotas for university admission,
> perhaps such quotas could be applied when selecting sports teams.

Re: Beginning of the end of Yorkshire CCC

<vjfaogpa4ul8e2a477a4c6pca0gdieibks@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17044&group=uk.sport.cricket#17044

From: spa...@jackalope.uk (Mike Holmans)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2021 14:38:20 +0000
 by: Mike Holmans - Fri, 5 Nov 2021 14:38 UTC

On Fri, 05 Nov 2021 12:55:20 +0000, max.it <max@tea.time> wrote:

>OT but a look behind closed doors and why internal investigations
>don't work.

Exactly. YCCC undertake an internal review which finds that there was
a culture of racism at the club but that they don't propose to do
anything about it because it was all a long time ago and it's time to
move on. A classic piece of corporate performative piss-taking.

Reading Tom Harrison's interview on Cricinfo today, the ECB are
acutely aware of the financial problems YCCC are now facing and will
be keen to help them out once they've put their house in order. He
can't, quite rightly, say what putting their house in order would
exactly entail because they have to undertake their own inquiry before
reaching conclusions, but it's pretty clear that they expect most of
the current management to be replaced.

Cheers,

Mike

Re: Beginning of the end of Yorkshire CCC

<602bogp220so6qniecik1cfnn0elr8t0hv@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17047&group=uk.sport.cricket#17047

From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2021 19:58:41 +0000
 by: max.it - Fri, 5 Nov 2021 19:58 UTC

On Fri, 05 Nov 2021 14:38:20 +0000, Mike Holmans <spam@jackalope.uk>
wrote:

>On Fri, 05 Nov 2021 12:55:20 +0000, max.it <max@tea.time> wrote:
>

>>OT but a look behind closed doors and why internal investigations
>>don't work.
>
>Exactly. YCCC undertake an internal review which finds that there was
>a culture of racism at the club but that they don't propose to do
>anything about it because it was all a long time ago and it's time to
>move on. A classic piece of corporate performative piss-taking.
>
>Reading Tom Harrison's interview on Cricinfo today, the ECB are
>acutely aware of the financial problems YCCC are now facing and will
>be keen to help them out once they've put their house in order. He
>can't, quite rightly, say what putting their house in order would
>exactly entail because they have to undertake their own inquiry before
>reaching conclusions, but it's pretty clear that they expect most of
>the current management to be replaced.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Mike

Some others have resigned now and Lord Patel is in charge.
Revenue will be the next Yorkshire problem; so big sponsor and no
England games.

Paki isn't a racial slur around here, unless intended; Paki and Packer
were always pet names for Patrick and you still hear those names being
used.
I knew an old lad called Faley and I always wondered if Faley was a
nickname. In his death notice he was called Feidhlimidh in Irish which
is Felix or Phillip, and Faley is close enough in pronunciation.

max.it

Re: Beginning of the end of Yorkshire CCC

<XnsADDEA062750E537B93@144.76.35.252>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17154&group=uk.sport.cricket#17154

From: pamela.p...@gmail.com (Pamela)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2021 15:45:59 GMT
 by: Pamela - Wed, 10 Nov 2021 15:45 UTC

On 14:38 5 Nov 2021, Mike Holmans said:

> On Fri, 05 Nov 2021 12:55:20 +0000, max.it <max@tea.time> wrote:
>>

>>OT but a look behind closed doors and why internal investigations
>>don't work.
>
> Exactly. YCCC undertake an internal review which finds that there
> was a culture of racism at the club but that they don't propose to
> do anything about it because it was all a long time ago and it's
> time to move on. A classic piece of corporate performative
> piss-taking.

I'm losing track of how many reports there are but this one is worth a
glance:

https://yorkshireccc.com/uploads/download/20210910082950_StatementSumma
ryReportAndRecommendations.pdf