Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: No More Dejanews Play Want Bin (PWBE 26 Feb 2024)
From: kendr...@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2024 01:44:48 +0000
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Mon, 26 Feb 2024 01:44 UTC

Oh no, Google will no longer aggregate Usenet content in the Dejanews
archive they purchased all those years ago. However shall we continue to
thumb our collective noses at their irrelevant advertising efforts?

Play:
--=--

Yakuza Kiwami 2 (XSX) - So I have all this money because you get an
achievement for carrying ten million yen. Hey, why don't I level up
incessantly by buying digestion aid medicine and then going and eating
flank steak and fugu over and over again until I can max out my stats?
That's good for at least two or three more achievements along the way.
I'm running out of things I can do without actually proceeding in the
story to get the achievements that are associated with completing each
chapter, but that may turn out to be pretty painless now that all my
stats are at 300 and I have all the coin locker equipment bonus items.

Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name (PS5) - Don't mind me,
just discovering that I essentially missed half the gameplay somehow. I
went and levelled up all the Agent combat style gadgets and now suddenly
they're quite useful rather than being underpowered distractions. The
spider gadget is good for squeezing money out of enemies, and the rocket
boot things actually let you do significant damage just from flying
about. I'm almost inspired to take these things into the arena mode and
see if I can't complete some of those harder combat challenges now while
I wait for the Infinite Wealth price drop.

Want:
--=--

My Analogue Pocket cart adapters (NGPC/LNX/TG16) - Should be shipping
today. I'll not have them in hand in time for the podcast though, which
is a shame.

Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth (PS5) - Ordered on disc! For just under
half off the original retail price. I'm not proud of this particular bit
of bargain hunting, and I could be playing it on any other available
platform. Even after the discount I'm not likely to buy any of the DLC
out of scepticism, which isn't yet approaching the level that would
categorise it as blinkered spite.

Bin:
-==-

Nothing game-related.

Expenditure:
-----=-----

Balance forward - $426

Sonic Frontiers (NSW) - $30
Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth (PS5) - $40

Total to date - $496

-KKC, who somehow fit a nice weekend with the child too.

Re: No More Dejanews Play Want Bin (PWBE 26 Feb 2024)

<8M7DN.10521963$ee1.5532502@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1717&group=uk.games.video.misc#1717

From: zgedn...@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com (Russell Marks)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Re: No More Dejanews Play Want Bin (PWBE 26 Feb 2024)
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2024 21:54:12 GMT
 by: Russell Marks - Mon, 26 Feb 2024 21:54 UTC

> Oh no, Google will no longer aggregate Usenet content in the Dejanews
> archive they purchased all those years ago.

I'm not sure whether I'm disappointed that they didn't keep it going
longer, or amazed that they kept it going this long. Maybe both.

> Play:

Outrun 2006 (PSP) - chipping away at the Flagman stuff still.

Oekaki Puzzle (PS1) - back on this too, but just a quick go.

> Want:

Probably to revisit the current decade at some point.

> Bin:

Nothing.

-Rus.

aus+uk / uk.games.video.misc / No More Dejanews Play Want Bin (PWBE 26 Feb 2024)