From: jgaines_...@yahoo.co.uk (Jeff Gaines)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: How do you Take Control of a City
Date: 15 Aug 2021 14:49:03 GMT
 by: Jeff Gaines - Sun, 15 Aug 2021 14:49 UTC

How do you "seize" or "take control" of city?

If marauding rebels marched down the M1 to "seize" London they would enter
somewhere to the North West presumably but how would they take the city
over? I doubt anyone in the South East would even realise it has happened
until they got home and watched the news.

--
Jeff Gaines Wiltshire UK
There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home.

Re: How do you Take Control of a City

<sfbbu6$5hu$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1714&group=uk.people.silversurfers#1714

From: peterxpe...@hotmail.com (Peter)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: Re: How do you Take Control of a City
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2021 16:30:12 +0100
 by: Peter - Sun, 15 Aug 2021 15:30 UTC

Jeff Gaines wrote:

> How do you "seize" or "take control" of  city?
>
> If marauding rebels marched down the M1 to "seize" London they would
> enter somewhere to the North West presumably but how would they take the
> city over? I doubt anyone in the South East would even realise it has
> happened until they got home and watched the news.

To take control of London a cowardly, incompetent and treacherous
British army would help.

--
The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here
Abraham Lincoln at Gettysburg

Re: How do you Take Control of a City

<sfbpgi$ut4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1716&group=uk.people.silversurfers#1716

From: bathwatc...@OMITTHISgooglemail.com (Indy Jess John)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2021 20:21:52 +0100
 by: Indy Jess John - Sun, 15 Aug 2021 19:21 UTC

On 15/08/2021 15:49, Jeff Gaines wrote:

> How do you "seize" or "take control" of city?

In the case of Afghanistan, they seem to surround it then approach, and
the defenders give up rather than get shot.

> If marauding rebels marched down the M1 to "seize" London they would enter
> somewhere to the North West presumably but how would they take the city
> over? I doubt anyone in the South East would even realise it has happened
> until they got home and watched the news.

With the same model, the rebels would take over the whole of the M25
then gradually approach the centre killing anyone who looked interested
in stopping them.

Jim

Re: How do you Take Control of a City

<xqmdndBGP9Dv7YT8nZ2dnUU78XGdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1717&group=uk.people.silversurfers#1717

Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
From: petc...@blackberrymoon.co.uk (Pete C)
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2021 20:52:18 +0100
 by: Pete C - Sun, 15 Aug 2021 19:52 UTC

On 15/08/2021 15:49, Jeff Gaines wrote:

> How do you "seize" or "take control" of  city?
>
> If marauding rebels marched down the M1 to "seize" London they would
> enter somewhere to the North West presumably but how would they take the
> city over? I doubt anyone in the South East would even realise it has
> happened until they got home and watched the news.

In the case of London, cut off all power and water to Canary Wharf :)

--
Pete C

Re: How do you Take Control of a City

<xn0n1p5bx2fdlgp004@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1719&group=uk.people.silversurfers#1719

From: jgaines_...@yahoo.co.uk (Jeff Gaines)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: 16 Aug 2021 07:38:59 GMT
 by: Jeff Gaines - Mon, 16 Aug 2021 07:38 UTC

On 15/08/2021 in message
<xqmdndBGP9Dv7YT8nZ2dnUU78XGdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk> Pete C wrote:

>On 15/08/2021 15:49, Jeff Gaines wrote:
>>
>>How do you "seize" or "take control" of  city?
>>
>>If marauding rebels marched down the M1 to "seize" London they would
>>enter somewhere to the North West presumably but how would they take the
>>city over? I doubt anyone in the South East would even realise it has
>>happened until they got home and watched the news.
>>
>In the case of London, cut off all power and water to Canary Wharf :)

Sounds about right :-)

--
Jeff Gaines Wiltshire UK
Greater love hath no man than this, that he lay down his friends for his