Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Play Want Bin Awards (PWBE 11 Mar 2024)
From: kendr...@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2024 10:56:41 +0000
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Mon, 11 Mar 2024 10:56 UTC

I do not care about motion picture awards. I like to watch what I like
to watch and all other praise or recognition for dramatic arts is
irrelevant to me. See also games.

Play:
--=--

Yakuza Kiwami 2 (XSX) - Woo, powering through the story and the
character moments. The mystery of why the foreign gang has returned is
less interesting than the budding romance between Sayama and Kiryu being
snuffed out before it starts. This is honestly the most adult
relationship in video games from my perspective, the idea that the hero
and the main female love interest can't be together and they both
acknowledge that up front, even as they admit to one another that they
both would like circumstances to differ. There is no fairy tale ending
for these two people, whose obligations and ambitions make them
completely incompatible. I messed up and finished Chapter 11 without
meaning to, which means I'll have to find a different achievement to get
my Gamepass Reward points today.

Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth (PS5) - I am now a Silver-rank Sujimon
trainer! The league Queen's gym was an elaborate private pool party
pavilion that you can't access by land, you have to change into
swimwear to reach it by water only. I spent most of Saturday pulling the
gacha machines with tickets I'd won from sparring matches, so I was able
to show up with a decent roster plus the boss Sujimon I'd picked up
along the way. But even with everyone at the max Bronze level of 20 I
only squeaked by the three trainer battles and ended the final fight
with two of six Sujimon still standing with only 15 or so HP between
them. I've learned that I need to pay more attention to the SP total
since that makes all the difference in who gets initial attack priority.

Oh yes, the main story has progressed to the point where all four
characters of the adventuring party are present. And also Sodachi the
martial artist who is now considered a Sujimon. This is the best game
ever, and I thought I was going to be bored or annoyed with all this
silly side content.

Want:
--=--

To Buy Games (RL) - I want to be able to go into a store and buy games.
This shouldn't be a hard thing to ask for. But I was in an American
retailer this weekend looking for Playstation stuff, and they had
exactly two games on a vast and empty shelf, and they were both
Spider-Man games. If these stores go to the press later in the year and
complain that they can't sustain the business of selling video games
because nobody is coming in to buy, I'm going to be... only a little bit
more annoyed than I am now.

Bin:
-==-

Nothing game related.

Expenditure:
-----=-----

Balance forward - $496

-KKC, who feels like he has too much to do today.

Re: Play Want Bin Awards (PWBE 11 Mar 2024)

<qjMHN.2988341$2zI9.975318@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1722&group=uk.games.video.misc#1722

From: zgedn...@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com (Russell Marks)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Re: Play Want Bin Awards (PWBE 11 Mar 2024)
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2024 23:18:46 GMT
 by: Russell Marks - Mon, 11 Mar 2024 23:18 UTC

> Play:

Outrun 2006 (PSP) - so, Flagman 4 lets you go in three different
directions. Helpfully, this means I have now failed in three different
directions. But one was a four-stage event that I nearly managed, so
that one may end up being the least impossible to get past.

> Want:

Nothing.

> To Buy Games (RL) - I want to be able to go into a store and buy games.

But surely, everyone should purchase bits only in a very specific and
temporary way that maximises control for platform owners. :-)

> Bin:

Looking back at how flippantly I posted about my original Flagman
adventures when I first played Outrun 2006 (on the PS2) - basically
just "oh yeah, I did the thing" out of nowhere. Who is this person?

-Rus.

aus+uk / uk.games.video.misc / Play Want Bin Awards (PWBE 11 Mar 2024)