From: inva...@invalid.com (Herbie)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: GMT Saturday 14th August 2021
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2021 09:54:57 +0100
 by: Herbie - Sat, 14 Aug 2021 08:54 UTC

Good morning all from Dorset.

Overcast with light breeze.
The current temperature is 20.9C.
and a pressure of 1022mb.

Take care
Herbie.

Re: GMT Saturday 14th August 2021

<inq2qkFb50sU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1705&group=uk.people.silversurfers#1705

From: flying...@roseofwhite.plus.com (Flyi?g ?u? 2?2? +)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: Re: GMT Saturday 14th August 2021
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2021 15:38:12 +0100
 by: Flyi?g ?u? 2?2? + - Sat, 14 Aug 2021 14:38 UTC

Herbie wrote:
> Good morning all from Dorset.
>
> Overcast with light breeze.
> The current temperature is 20.9C.
> and a pressure of 1022mb.
>
> Take care
> Herbie.

Ar'ernoon everyone, with apologies for my gross tardiness. Had
router and home network problems again. Here's hoping it's OK for a few
days more now.
Not a particular good summer's day here in South Yorkshire today with
little or no sun, a gusty cooling westerly wind, overcast but not too
dark or dull, but it is dry. Temperature is 17.6�C (63.7�F),
barometric pressure has been steady at 1018.3 mB for more than 12 hours
and RH is falling slowly at 64%.
Busy morning, with network, otherwise Sootie came back indoors
after an after breakouts amble and has in bed, well, on my bed to be
more precise. Tabby visited around 09:00 but turned down the offer of
food and went off on her way. My Morrison delivery driver 'phoned at
10:45 to ask if he could deliver my 12:00 to 13:00 groceries before
11:00 so adding a little more to my morning work load. Perhaps now I
can have a little time to watch the cricket.
--
Heard melodies are sweet but those Unheard are sweeter.
FN 2�2�+. Mungo Brandybuck of Buckland..

Re: GMT Saturday 14th August 2021

<sfblgo$bvr$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1715&group=uk.people.silversurfers#1715

From: heatonan...@gmail.com.invalid (James Heaton)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2021 21:52:34 +0100
 by: James Heaton - Sat, 14 Aug 2021 20:52 UTC

"Flyiñg Ñuñ 2°2¹ +" <flyingnun@roseofwhite.plus.com> wrote in message
> Herbie wrote:
>> Good morning all from Dorset.
>>
>> Overcast with light breeze.
>> The current temperature is 20.9C.
>> and a pressure of 1022mb.
>>
>> Take care
>> Herbie.
>
> Ar'ernoon everyone, with apologies for my gross tardiness. Had router
> and home network problems again. Here's hoping it's OK for a few days
> more now.
> Not a particular good summer's day here in South Yorkshire today with
> little or no sun, a gusty cooling westerly wind, overcast but not too
> dark or dull, but it is dry. Temperature is 17.6ºC (63.7ºF), barometric
> pressure has been steady at 1018.3 mB for more than 12 hours and RH is
> falling slowly at 64%.
> Busy morning, with network, otherwise Sootie came back indoors after
> an after breakouts amble and has in bed, well, on my bed to be more
> precise. Tabby visited around 09:00 but turned down the offer of food and
> went off on her way. My Morrison delivery driver 'phoned at 10:45 to ask
> if he could deliver my 12:00 to 13:00 groceries before 11:00 so adding a
> little more to my morning work load. Perhaps now I can have a little time
> to watch the cricket.

Better than the other way round...

i.e. calling to announce your 1100 groceries will be there at 1300...

James

Re: GMT Saturday 14th August 2021

<inusgjFajp2U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1722&group=uk.people.silversurfers#1722

From: flying...@roseofwhite.plus.com (Flyi?g ?u? 2?2? +)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2021 11:21:09 +0100
 by: Flyi?g ?u? 2?2? + - Mon, 16 Aug 2021 10:21 UTC

James Heaton wrote:
> "Flyi�g �u� 2�2� +" <flyingnun@roseofwhite.plus.com> wrote in message
>> Herbie wrote:
>>> Good morning all from Dorset.
>>>
>>> Overcast with light breeze.
>>> The current temperature is 20.9C.
>>> and a pressure of 1022mb.
>>>
>>> Take care
>>> Herbie.
>>
>> Ar'ernoon everyone, with apologies for my gross tardiness. Had
>> router and home network problems again. Here's hoping it's OK for a
>> few days more now.
>> Not a particular good summer's day here in South Yorkshire today
>> with little or no sun, a gusty cooling westerly wind, overcast but
>> not too dark or dull, but it is dry. Temperature is 17.6�C
>> (63.7�F), barometric pressure has been steady at 1018.3 mB for more
>> than 12 hours and RH is falling slowly at 64%.
>> Busy morning, with network, otherwise Sootie came back indoors
>> after an after breakouts amble and has in bed, well, on my bed to
>> be more precise. Tabby visited around 09:00 but turned down the
>> offer of food and went off on her way. My Morrison delivery driver
>> 'phoned at 10:45 to ask if he could deliver my 12:00 to 13:00
>> groceries before 11:00 so adding a little more to my morning work
>> load. Perhaps now I can have a little time to watch the cricket.
>
> Better than the other way round...
>
> i.e. calling to announce your 1100 groceries will be there at 1300...
>
> James

Definitely is, but it shows that, they must have extra capacity these
days. Apparently the driver had only a couple more deliveries before
his working day was over. And yet I often see them delivering about
22:00 on many days