Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Too Much Gardening Play Want Bin (PWBE 25 Mar 2024)
From: kendr...@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 01:28:04 +0000
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Mon, 25 Mar 2024 01:28 UTC

I can't lift my arms over my from planting new blueberry bushes and
lugging gigantic electric trimmer devices around on my shoulders. And
still somehow I found 20 hours this weekend for Yakuza games.

Play:
--=--

Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth (PS5) - I can now summon a giant Roomba
robot vacuum cleaner to aid me in battle. That is all.

Crosscode (PS4) - What a lovely little puzzle game. It's got a big
narrative and 16-bit art design befitting of its indie credentials. I
paid too much for it, but it's apparently going for big aftermarket
dollars for the real media. So of course I buy the US disc just before I
could have picked up the EU-region one for barely 22 Euros and with the
steelcase to boot.

Want:
--=--

Time to play all this crap I bought (PS4) - A surprising amount of PS4
discs have recently gone on some kind of weird clearance, presumably
because retailers have some kind of automating ageing process that
prompts them to dump old inventory. I say 'retailers' but really it's
just Amazon and whatever American electronics stores can't be bothered
to stock actual games in their actual stores. Why can't I go into a
store and buy a game anymore? Some of my most memorable gaming
experiences happened because I spontaneously picked up a title I'd never
heard of for an unreasonable price, and that's just not something that
happens with confusing web-based e-commerce interfaces. I suppose what I
actually want here is for real stores to sell real games again, and I
know deep down that world is probably not coming back.

Bin:
-==-

Nothing game related.

Expenditure:
-----=-----

Balance forward - $780

Super Neptunia RPG (PS4) - $20
Utawarerumono Mask of Truth (PS4) - $20
Crosscode (PS4) - $30
Star Renegades (PS4) - $15

Total to date - $865

-KKC, who needs better allergy medicine.

Re: Too Much Gardening Play Want Bin (PWBE 25 Mar 2024)

<j%yMN.1978$Tp2.1502@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1728&group=uk.games.video.misc#1728

From: zgedn...@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com (Russell Marks)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 12:15:11 GMT
 by: Russell Marks - Tue, 26 Mar 2024 12:15 UTC

> Play:

Minecraft (PS4) - finally had a go at a trial chamber on a new
experimental-features save (which I suppose in some sense is like
playing a beta, though you just enable it within the normal game for a
given save). They seem pretty decent, quite mazy but maybe not as bad
as strongholds for that (perhaps due to the larger rooms). To give a
nice modern reference point, the feel is a bit like a Gauntlet level,
with rooms having various baddie generators so you tend to get many
spawned in at once. I think they work a bit differently here, with
generators only spawning a fixed number of baddies until shutting down
for quite some time.

The whole thing seemed pretty doable in iron armour, and the main new
baddie isn't as awkward to fight as I'd imagined. So I'd say (at least
in single-player) these places haven't really been made too demanding
despite the name - you're not constantly on the edge of death, but you
never quite feel safe either. Probably a good level to pitch it at.

> Want:

Minecraft's trial chambers to get added to Bedrock properly, so I can
do them on my main save and have the rewards actually feel rewarding.
Speaking of which...

> Bin:

The main rewards in Minecraft's trial chambers apparently being a
one-time-only thing (at least on a per-player basis), which seems a
bit weird when they've clearly been designed to be suitable for
tackling repeatedly.

-Rus.

aus+uk / uk.games.video.misc / Too Much Gardening Play Want Bin (PWBE 25 Mar 2024)