From: thewildr...@icloud.com (Andy Hewitt)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Subject: Re: DNS servers
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2021 17:38:49 +0100
 by: Andy Hewitt - Tue, 27 Apr 2021 16:38 UTC

Just an update to this. I've gone back to OpenDNS now.

Nothing I could put my finger on, but overall I just felt that
Cloudflare was maybe causing the odd connection issue here and there
that I'd not experienced before. It is just anecdotal, but things just
didn't seem to run as smoothly with those settings.

Besides that, I think I prefer having the better user control over
blocked services, and the user data that can be checked with OpenDNS.

--
Andy H

Re: DNS servers

<270420211243329328%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=173&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#173

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2021 12:43:32 -0400
 by: nospam - Tue, 27 Apr 2021 16:43 UTC

In article <s69emp$arm$1@dont-email.me>, Andy Hewitt
<thewildrover@icloud.com> wrote:

> Just an update to this. I've gone back to OpenDNS now.
>
> Nothing I could put my finger on, but overall I just felt that
> Cloudflare was maybe causing the odd connection issue here and there
> that I'd not experienced before. It is just anecdotal, but things just
> didn't seem to run as smoothly with those settings.
>
> Besides that, I think I prefer having the better user control over
> blocked services, and the user data that can be checked with OpenDNS.

if you want user control, try: <https://nextdns.io>

aus+uk / uk.comp.sys.mac / Re: DNS servers