Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Time Change Play Want Bin (PWBE 2 Apr 2024)
From: kendr...@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2024 00:43:26 +0000
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 00:43 UTC

Did yours happen this past weekend? Mine was earlier, which is
inconvenient for scheduling things like the podcast and international
banking.

Play:
--=--

Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth (PS5) - Almost done. I expected to be
able to power through the very last chapter of the game on my Monday off
work, but you have two separate RPG parties doing two separate things
and it's epic and engaging in a way that other games aren't when they do
that same stupid thing. It doesn't matter that the pacing is off or that
there's at least one deus ex machina too many or that a lot of the maps
happened to be recycled from the last game. This is clearly driven by
the affection you have for the characters, and if you didn't have any
coming in then for sure you must have some all the way at the end here.

Earlier in the weekend I powered through the next-to-last section of the
game. Chapter 12 ends in an interesting place, where it gives you all
the structure of an episodic conflict that you expect to end with a big
boss battle. But instead, the boss is just out for some personal closure
and doesn't engage you in a fight. It turns into one big conversation.
Not expository in any way, just a room full of talking that wouldn't
otherwise be so interesting without all of the subtext and the
relationships. No other game does this with its narrative, and I'm
feeling very guilty that I doubted that Infinite Wealth would deliver
on this front.

Want:
--=--

Trails of Cold Steel III/IV Deluxe Edition (PS5) - A re-release with all
of the DLC on the disc. I should probably just go and buy this at full
price before quantities dry up. Or in order to trigger the event that
causes an actual price drop to benefit others.

Bin:
-==-

Nothing game related.

Expenditure:
-----=-----

Balance forward - $865

Spellforce 3 Reforced (PS4) - $15
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure All-Star Battle R (PS5) - $11
Astria Ascending (PS4) - $20
Mozart Requiem (PS4) - $10

Total to date - $921

-KKC, resisting the urge to stay up late to keep playing.

Re: Time Change Play Want Bin (PWBE 2 Apr 2024)

<D8UON.137595$2N2.22366@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1731&group=uk.games.video.misc#1731

From: zgedn...@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com (Russell Marks)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Re: Time Change Play Want Bin (PWBE 2 Apr 2024)
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2024 13:56:51 GMT
 by: Russell Marks - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 13:56 UTC

> Did yours happen this past weekend?

Yes, with the one or two stubborn things which don't deal with it
automatically getting quite annoying to keep changing. Because a few
seconds twice a year is clearly a huge hassle. :-)

> Play:

Outrun 2006 (PSP) - I should really have got back to what I was doing
previously on this, but instead went through a number of goals on the
Outrun 2 SP mode. It always seems to play a bit more fluidly in the
original form without the souped-up Outrun class cars, perhaps
unsurprisingly.

> Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth (PS5) - Almost done. I expected to be
[...]
> there's at least one deus ex machina too many or that a lot of the maps
> happened to be recycled from the last game.

Like, less like Like a Dragon, more like Like Like a Dragon.

> Want:

Maybe some puzzler that isn't Oekaki Puzzle for once. (Knowing me,
I'll probably just end up revisiting one from the 90s.)

> Bin:

Nothing.

-Rus.

aus+uk / uk.games.video.misc / Time Change Play Want Bin (PWBE 2 Apr 2024)