Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: Davi...@nomail.afraid.org (David Brooks)
Subject: OT - Educational post to help folk reading here.
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2023 00:33:25 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Sun, 30 Jul 2023 23:33 UTC

Information about the 'long QT syndrome' may be found here:-

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/long-qt-syndrome/symptoms-causes/syc-20352518

Overview

"Long QT syndrome (LQTS) is a heart signaling disorder that can cause
fast, chaotic heartbeats (arrhythmias). A heart signaling disorder is
also called a heart conduction disorder.

Some people are born with altered DNA that causes long QT syndrome
(congenital long QT syndrome). Long QT syndrome may also occur later in
life (acquired long QT syndrome) as the result of some medical
conditions, certain drugs or mineral imbalances.

Long QT syndrome can cause sudden fainting and seizures. Young people
with LQTS syndrome have an increased risk of sudden death."

--
David
This MAY have been the cause of my younger son's tragic death when he

Re: OT - Educational post to help folk reading here.

<ua7e2o$h2ql$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17334&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#17334

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Jörg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Subject: Re: OT - Educational post to help folk reading here.
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2023 06:41:59 +0200
 by: Jörg Lorenz - Mon, 31 Jul 2023 04:41 UTC

Am 31.07.23 um 01:33 schrieb David Brooks:
> Information about the 'long QT syndrome' may be found here:-
>
> https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/long-qt-syndrome/symptoms-causes/syc-20352518
>
> Overview
>
> "Long QT syndrome (LQTS) is a heart signaling disorder that can cause
> fast, chaotic heartbeats (arrhythmias). A heart signaling disorder is
> also called a heart conduction disorder.
>
> Some people are born with altered DNA that causes long QT syndrome
> (congenital long QT syndrome). Long QT syndrome may also occur later in
> life (acquired long QT syndrome) as the result of some medical
> conditions, certain drugs or mineral imbalances.
>
> Long QT syndrome can cause sudden fainting and seizures. Young people
> with LQTS syndrome have an increased risk of sudden death."

You have definitely the *OT-Syndrome*.

X-post eliminated.

--
Manus manum lavat