Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: American Tax Day Play Want Bin (PWBE 15 Apr 2024)
From: kendr...@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2024 23:16:40 +0000
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Sun, 14 Apr 2024 23:16 UTC

In case you're wondering why most of your American business partners are
either distracted or unavailable today. Not my issue though, because I'm
fighting sinusitis and submitted my taxes two months ago.

Play:
--=--

Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name (PS5/XSX) - Started a
new game on the Sexbox, and I also went back to my complete game on the
PS5 just to compare the experience. I realise after the fact that I've
been playing the game wrong, in that I concentrated purely on the
classic combat and didn't properly get good at the Agent style. The
drone attacks and rocket shoes are kind of an ill fit for Kiryu anyway,
but I suppose my mild complaint now is that the weird, social coliseum
minigame feels like so much padding. It's perfectly well-crafted and
worth the price of admission, but I'm also not interested in building up
a loyal army of fighters and having to manage their needs and
development. This is a Yakuza game with relatable small stakes that
symbolise larger international intrigue, and I'm kind of hoping that
they don't turn into big RTS strategy over the long run.

Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth (PS5) - Premium adventure ho. Going
around photographing scenery for rewards that I don't need anymore. After
having won the final boss battle(s) I understand now just how lucky and
strategic I was being, in that I was technically quite underpowered and
badly equipped to end the game. There's a lot of talk online about
min-maxing and getting the right crafting materials to make the best
weapons (shark fins and squid tentacles, weirdly) and I just never saw
that as fully advantageous. So either I did it really well, or the game
is designed cleverly enough to give you multiple success options.

Want:
--=--

To enjoy other games - So as you know, I play exclusively Like a Dragon
games now. It didn't used to be like this. I used to have a diverse
palette and broad tastes and the ability to enjoy many things, and as my
body ages and my brain becomes more inelastic I find myself being
unwilling to experience new things. That's not entirely true, so maybe
it's more fair to say that that I'm unwilling to *care about* new things.

Bin:
-==-

Nothing game-related.

Expenditure:
-----=-----

Balance forward - $1,041

-KKC, who will toddle off to bed now full of medication.

Re: American Tax Day Play Want Bin (PWBE 15 Apr 2024)

<6_cTN.938179$Rq2.372141@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1735&group=uk.games.video.misc#1735

From: zgedn...@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com (Russell Marks)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Re: American Tax Day Play Want Bin (PWBE 15 Apr 2024)
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2024 16:55:30 GMT
 by: Russell Marks - Mon, 15 Apr 2024 16:55 UTC

> In case you're wondering why most of your American business partners are
> either distracted or unavailable today.

I helpfully preempt this by always being distracted and unavailable.

> Play:

Minecraft (PSV) - a bit of random messing about back on this version,
having reverted to a save which isn't excessively ancient yet which
does still seem to work. I think it might predate my raid on the
second woodland mansion the map has, though, which is slightly
annoying.

> Want:

Nothing.

> To enjoy other games - So as you know, I play exclusively Like a Dragon
> games now. It didn't used to be like this. I used to have a diverse
> palette and broad tastes and the ability to enjoy many things, and as my
> body ages and my brain becomes more inelastic I find myself being
> unwilling to experience new things. That's not entirely true, so maybe
> it's more fair to say that that I'm unwilling to *care about* new things.

That's a shame. Clearly you should follow my example. :-)

> Bin:

Kind of wanting to visit that second mansion on Vita Minecraft just to
check on it... but maybe not quite enough to go literally the full
diagonal length between two corners of the map to do so.

-Rus.

aus+uk / uk.games.video.misc / Re: American Tax Day Play Want Bin (PWBE 15 Apr 2024)