Horses are forbidden to eat fire hydrants in Marshalltown, Iowa.

aus+uk / aus.cars / Re: Ranga and Forscan...

SubjectAuthor
* Ranga and Forscan...lindsay
+* Re: Ranga and Forscan...Noddy
|+- Re: Ranga and Forscan...Clocky
|`* Re: Ranga and Forscan...lindsay
| +- Re: Ranga and Forscan...Noddy
| +- Re: Ranga and Forscan...Daryl
| `- Re: Ranga and Forscan...Clocky
`* Re: Ranga and Forscan...John_H
 +- Re: Ranga and Forscan...Noddy
 `* Re: Ranga and Forscan...lindsay
  `- Re: Ranga and Forscan...Noddy

1
Ranga and Forscan...

<z4czK.520123$JVi.166131@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17092&group=aus.cars#17092

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: nop...@nunnya.business.com.au (lindsay)
Subject: Ranga and Forscan...
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2022 20:31:56 +1000
 by: lindsay - Tue, 12 Jul 2022 10:31 UTC

Had it done about a month ago... absolutely brilliant.

All the screaming chimes are gone. If it matters, like a seat belt
reminder/warning, pax door open etc, it still appears on the dash
screen; press a button on the steering wheel, alert is gone.
Now comes with DPF status, so you can tell when your car is going to
stink, i guess.

Had the smart charging system turned off, would love a volt meter in the
menu, but have resorted to a cig lighter fast charger that shows
voltage. Poorly. One of these on order..
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/373892263266?hash=item570db72d62:g:3dsAAOSwQP5h6lr-

Other than that the Ranga is still doing what its advertised to do..cant
believe how cheap it is to run vs the Navara... Whilst diesel has been
around 2.40 per litre, i'm getting near 850k out of a tank. Navara
would be 600 at best.

Re: Ranga and Forscan...

<tal047$25fa1$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17096&group=aus.cars#17096

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: Ranga and Forscan...
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2022 09:29:12 +1000
 by: Noddy - Tue, 12 Jul 2022 23:29 UTC

On 12/07/2022 8:31 pm, lindsay wrote:
> Had it done about a month ago... absolutely brilliant.
>
> All the screaming chimes are gone. If it matters, like a seat belt
> reminder/warning, pax door open etc, it still appears on the dash
> screen; press a button on the steering wheel, alert is gone.
> Now comes with DPF status, so you can tell when your car is going to
> stink, i guess.
>
> Had the smart charging system turned off, would love a volt meter in the
> menu, but have resorted to a cig lighter fast charger that shows
> voltage. Poorly.  One of these on order..
> https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/373892263266?hash=item570db72d62:g:3dsAAOSwQP5h6lr-
>

> Other than that the Ranga is still doing what its advertised to do..cant
> believe how cheap it is to run vs the Navara... Whilst diesel has been
> around 2.40 per litre, i'm getting  near 850k out of a tank. Navara
> would be 600 at best.

Nice.

Looking forward to getting mine, but February looks to be pushed out to
March/April now if I want to stick with my original order of the V6
Wildtrak with premium pack option.

The wait doesn't bother me as I have other cars, but in the mean time
Volkswagen has released teasers of the new Amarok, and it looks like a
pretty nice bit of kit. Same engine/trans as the Ford, but different
body and interior.

Decisions decisions.....

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Ranga and Forscan...

<381schtcpltlk2l6o1n07piovkcafj3uo3@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17097&group=aus.cars#17097

From: john4...@hotmail.com (John_H)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2022 09:37:00 +1000
 by: John_H - Tue, 12 Jul 2022 23:37 UTC

lindsay wrote:

>Had it done about a month ago... absolutely brilliant.
>
>All the screaming chimes are gone. If it matters, like a seat belt
>reminder/warning, pax door open etc, it still appears on the dash
>screen; press a button on the steering wheel, alert is gone.
>Now comes with DPF status, so you can tell when your car is going to
>stink, i guess.
>
>Had the smart charging system turned off, would love a volt meter in the
>menu, but have resorted to a cig lighter fast charger that shows
>voltage. Poorly. One of these on order..
>https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/373892263266?hash=item570db72d62:g:3dsAAOSwQP5h6lr-
>

>Other than that the Ranga is still doing what its advertised to do..cant
>believe how cheap it is to run vs the Navara... Whilst diesel has been
>around 2.40 per litre, i'm getting near 850k out of a tank. Navara
>would be 600 at best.

Fancy naming your car after Julia Gillard!... at least some folk here
will be impressed. :)

--
John H

Re: Ranga and Forscan...

<talc27$297kr$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17098&group=aus.cars#17098

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2022 12:52:54 +1000
 by: Noddy - Wed, 13 Jul 2022 02:52 UTC

On 13/07/2022 9:37 am, John_H wrote:
> lindsay wrote:
>>
>> Had it done about a month ago... absolutely brilliant.
>>
>> All the screaming chimes are gone. If it matters, like a seat belt
>> reminder/warning, pax door open etc, it still appears on the dash
>> screen; press a button on the steering wheel, alert is gone.
>> Now comes with DPF status, so you can tell when your car is going to
>> stink, i guess.
>>
>> Had the smart charging system turned off, would love a volt meter in the
>> menu, but have resorted to a cig lighter fast charger that shows
>> voltage. Poorly. One of these on order..
>> https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/373892263266?hash=item570db72d62:g:3dsAAOSwQP5h6lr-
>>

>> Other than that the Ranga is still doing what its advertised to do..cant
>> believe how cheap it is to run vs the Navara... Whilst diesel has been
>> around 2.40 per litre, i'm getting near 850k out of a tank. Navara
>> would be 600 at best.
>
> Fancy naming your car after Julia Gillard!... at least some folk here
> will be impressed. :)

Lol :)

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Ranga and Forscan...

<talld6$29uug$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17101&group=aus.cars#17101

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2022 13:32:16 +0800
 by: Clocky - Wed, 13 Jul 2022 05:32 UTC

On 13/07/2022 7:29 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 12/07/2022 8:31 pm, lindsay wrote:
>> Had it done about a month ago... absolutely brilliant.
>>
>> All the screaming chimes are gone. If it matters, like a seat belt
>> reminder/warning, pax door open etc, it still appears on the dash
>> screen; press a button on the steering wheel, alert is gone.
>> Now comes with DPF status, so you can tell when your car is going to
>> stink, i guess.
>>
>> Had the smart charging system turned off, would love a volt meter in
>> the menu, but have resorted to a cig lighter fast charger that shows
>> voltage. Poorly.  One of these on order..
>> https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/373892263266?hash=item570db72d62:g:3dsAAOSwQP5h6lr-
>>

>> Other than that the Ranga is still doing what its advertised to
>> do..cant believe how cheap it is to run vs the Navara... Whilst diesel
>> has been around 2.40 per litre, i'm getting  near 850k out of a tank.
>> Navara would be 600 at best.
>
> Nice.
>
> Looking forward to getting mine, but February looks to be pushed out to
> March/April now if I want to stick with my original order of the V6
> Wildtrak with premium pack option.
>
> The wait doesn't bother me as I have other cars, but in the mean time
> Volkswagen has released teasers of the new Amarok, and it looks like a
> pretty nice bit of kit. Same engine/trans as the Ford, but different
> body and interior.
>
> Decisions decisions.....

Do it... :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdEYXwPAqHw

--
keith on the 7 Oct 2021 wrote;
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if

Re: Ranga and Forscan...

<tlOAK.567748$JVi.666@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17227&group=aus.cars#17227

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: nop...@nunnya.business.com.au (lindsay)
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 16:53:11 +1000
 by: lindsay - Sun, 17 Jul 2022 06:53 UTC

On 13/07/2022 9:29 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 12/07/2022 8:31 pm, lindsay wrote:
>> Had it done about a month ago... absolutely brilliant.
>>
>> All the screaming chimes are gone. If it matters, like a seat belt
>> reminder/warning, pax door open etc, it still appears on the dash
>> screen; press a button on the steering wheel, alert is gone.
>> Now comes with DPF status, so you can tell when your car is going to
>> stink, i guess.
>>
>> Had the smart charging system turned off, would love a volt meter in
>> the menu, but have resorted to a cig lighter fast charger that shows
>> voltage. Poorly.  One of these on order..
>> https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/373892263266?hash=item570db72d62:g:3dsAAOSwQP5h6lr-
>>

>> Other than that the Ranga is still doing what its advertised to
>> do..cant believe how cheap it is to run vs the Navara... Whilst diesel
>> has been around 2.40 per litre, i'm getting  near 850k out of a tank.
>> Navara would be 600 at best.
>
> Nice.
>
> Looking forward to getting mine, but February looks to be pushed out to
> March/April now if I want to stick with my original order of the V6
> Wildtrak with premium pack option.

What are the fuel figures claimed on the v6?

> The wait doesn't bother me as I have other cars, but in the mean time
> Volkswagen has released teasers of the new Amarok, and it looks like a
> pretty nice bit of kit. Same engine/trans as the Ford, but different
> body and interior.
>
> Decisions decisions.....

Happy I bought mine when I did.. ordered Nov 2020, delivered Feb 2021.
mate next door is still waiting for his D-max (12 months?) whilst his
wife went and ordered a little toyota suv (can remember the name of it )
and was told 18 months delivery...

We were going to give my wifes Hyundai IX35 awd to the son and buy her a
new chariot.. It's done 85k? since new, but fuck him. He can walk! :-)

Re: Ranga and Forscan...

<tb0c9u$3la11$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17228&group=aus.cars#17228

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 17:04:27 +1000
 by: Noddy - Sun, 17 Jul 2022 07:04 UTC

On 17/07/2022 4:53 pm, lindsay wrote:
> On 13/07/2022 9:29 am, Noddy wrote:

>>> Other than that the Ranga is still doing what its advertised to
>>> do..cant believe how cheap it is to run vs the Navara... Whilst
>>> diesel has been around 2.40 per litre, i'm getting  near 850k out of
>>> a tank. Navara would be 600 at best.
>>
>> Nice.
>>
>> Looking forward to getting mine, but February looks to be pushed out
>> to March/April now if I want to stick with my original order of the V6
>> Wildtrak with premium pack option.
>
> What are the fuel figures claimed on the v6?

8.4 average, with 10 for Urban and 7.5 for Extra Urban. Little too early
to tell how well that relates to reality as while a few of the first
batch of buyers have collected their cars over the past week, they'll
need to get a few miles on the things before they can tell.

My Navara averages 9.9, and if it gets somewhere around there I'll be happy.

>> The wait doesn't bother me as I have other cars, but in the mean time
>> Volkswagen has released teasers of the new Amarok, and it looks like a
>> pretty nice bit of kit. Same engine/trans as the Ford, but different
>> body and interior.
>>
>> Decisions decisions.....
>
> Happy I bought mine when I did.. ordered Nov 2020, delivered Feb 2021.
> mate next door is still waiting for his D-max (12 months?) whilst his
> wife went and ordered a little toyota suv (can remember the name of it )
> and was told 18 months delivery...

It's fucked up wherever you go.
> We were going to give my wifes Hyundai IX35 awd to the son and buy her a
> new chariot..  It's done 85k? since new, but fuck him. He can walk! :-)

Lol :)

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Ranga and Forscan...

<rDOAK.480512$70j.10094@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17229&group=aus.cars#17229

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: nop...@nunnya.business.com.au (lindsay)
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 17:12:21 +1000
 by: lindsay - Sun, 17 Jul 2022 07:12 UTC

On 13/07/2022 9:37 am, John_H wrote:
> lindsay wrote:
>>
>> Had it done about a month ago... absolutely brilliant.
>>
>> All the screaming chimes are gone. If it matters, like a seat belt
>> reminder/warning, pax door open etc, it still appears on the dash
>> screen; press a button on the steering wheel, alert is gone.
>> Now comes with DPF status, so you can tell when your car is going to
>> stink, i guess.
>>
>> Had the smart charging system turned off, would love a volt meter in the
>> menu, but have resorted to a cig lighter fast charger that shows
>> voltage. Poorly. One of these on order..
>> https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/373892263266?hash=item570db72d62:g:3dsAAOSwQP5h6lr-
>>

>> Other than that the Ranga is still doing what its advertised to do..cant
>> believe how cheap it is to run vs the Navara... Whilst diesel has been
>> around 2.40 per litre, i'm getting near 850k out of a tank. Navara
>> would be 600 at best.
>
> Fancy naming your car after Julia Gillard!... at least some folk here
> will be impressed. :)

Some here would be impressed with their morning pissfat...

I did have a crack at a Ranger in Kangaroo Is as a rental for the day,
and yes, it was red.:-) Enjoyed it's drivability, which is one of the
things that sold me. To me, it drives much like a sedan, just a larger
turning circle. Performance was excellent (it had the 3.2l/6 speed auto
Wife wanted me to get a red one, but I've always liked the dark colored
ones with black wheels and trim. obviously which is what mine has. The
2.0l/10 speed works well, and performs even better. 16,000k and no
serious issues. Maybe remove the capital "R", and just call it "anger" :-D

Re: Ranga and Forscan...

<jjhsf5Fhi4pU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17232&group=aus.cars#17232

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 17:36:03 +1000
 by: Daryl - Sun, 17 Jul 2022 07:36 UTC

On 17/7/2022 4:53 pm, lindsay wrote:
> On 13/07/2022 9:29 am, Noddy wrote:
>> On 12/07/2022 8:31 pm, lindsay wrote:
>>> Had it done about a month ago... absolutely brilliant.
>>>
>>> All the screaming chimes are gone. If it matters, like a seat belt
>>> reminder/warning, pax door open etc, it still appears on the dash
>>> screen; press a button on the steering wheel, alert is gone.
>>> Now comes with DPF status, so you can tell when your car is going to
>>> stink, i guess.
>>>
>>> Had the smart charging system turned off, would love a volt meter in
>>> the menu, but have resorted to a cig lighter fast charger that shows
>>> voltage. Poorly.  One of these on order..
>>> https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/373892263266?hash=item570db72d62:g:3dsAAOSwQP5h6lr-
>>>

>>> Other than that the Ranga is still doing what its advertised to
>>> do..cant believe how cheap it is to run vs the Navara... Whilst
>>> diesel has been around 2.40 per litre, i'm getting  near 850k out of
>>> a tank. Navara would be 600 at best.
>>
>> Nice.
>>
>> Looking forward to getting mine, but February looks to be pushed out
>> to March/April now if I want to stick with my original order of the V6
>> Wildtrak with premium pack option.
>
> What are the fuel figures claimed on the v6?
>>
>> The wait doesn't bother me as I have other cars, but in the mean time
>> Volkswagen has released teasers of the new Amarok, and it looks like a
>> pretty nice bit of kit. Same engine/trans as the Ford, but different
>> body and interior.
>>
>> Decisions decisions.....
>
> Happy I bought mine when I did.. ordered Nov 2020, delivered Feb 2021.
> mate next door is still waiting for his D-max (12 months?) whilst his
> wife went and ordered a little toyota suv (can remember the name of it )
> and was told 18 months delivery...

I was talking to my sister earlier today and she said that her husband
ordered a new RAV4 hybrid 4mths ago and he's hoping to get it this year,
the wait for new cars is nuts.

> We were going to give my wifes Hyundai IX35 awd to the son and buy her a
> new chariot..  It's done 85k? since new, but fuck him. He can walk! :-)

LOL.
I never bought either of my boys cars but I spent a lot of time fixing
the cars they bought themselves:-)

--
Daryl

Re: Ranga and Forscan...

<tb0fir$3lua8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17234&group=aus.cars#17234

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 18:00:26 +1000
 by: Noddy - Sun, 17 Jul 2022 08:00 UTC

On 17/07/2022 5:12 pm, lindsay wrote:
> On 13/07/2022 9:37 am, John_H wrote:
>> lindsay wrote:

>>> Other than that the Ranga is still doing what its advertised to do..cant
>>> believe how cheap it is to run vs the Navara... Whilst diesel has been
>>> around 2.40 per litre, i'm getting  near 850k out of a tank. Navara
>>> would be 600 at best.
>>
>> Fancy naming your car after Julia Gillard!... at least some folk here
>> will be impressed.  :)
>
> Some here would be impressed with their morning pissfat...

ROTFL :)

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Ranga and Forscan...

<tbdfvu$2uemk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17396&group=aus.cars#17396

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 14:27:04 +0800
 by: Clocky - Fri, 22 Jul 2022 06:27 UTC

On 17/07/2022 2:53 pm, lindsay wrote:
> On 13/07/2022 9:29 am, Noddy wrote:
>> On 12/07/2022 8:31 pm, lindsay wrote:
>>> Had it done about a month ago... absolutely brilliant.
>>>
>>> All the screaming chimes are gone. If it matters, like a seat belt
>>> reminder/warning, pax door open etc, it still appears on the dash
>>> screen; press a button on the steering wheel, alert is gone.
>>> Now comes with DPF status, so you can tell when your car is going to
>>> stink, i guess.
>>>
>>> Had the smart charging system turned off, would love a volt meter in
>>> the menu, but have resorted to a cig lighter fast charger that shows
>>> voltage. Poorly.  One of these on order..
>>> https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/373892263266?hash=item570db72d62:g:3dsAAOSwQP5h6lr-
>>>

>>> Other than that the Ranga is still doing what its advertised to
>>> do..cant believe how cheap it is to run vs the Navara... Whilst
>>> diesel has been around 2.40 per litre, i'm getting  near 850k out of
>>> a tank. Navara would be 600 at best.
>>
>> Nice.
>>
>> Looking forward to getting mine, but February looks to be pushed out
>> to March/April now if I want to stick with my original order of the V6
>> Wildtrak with premium pack option.
>
> What are the fuel figures claimed on the v6?
>>
>> The wait doesn't bother me as I have other cars, but in the mean time
>> Volkswagen has released teasers of the new Amarok, and it looks like a
>> pretty nice bit of kit. Same engine/trans as the Ford, but different
>> body and interior.
>>
>> Decisions decisions.....
>
> Happy I bought mine when I did.. ordered Nov 2020, delivered Feb 2021.
> mate next door is still waiting for his D-max (12 months?) whilst his
> wife went and ordered a little toyota suv (can remember the name of it )
> and was told 18 months delivery...
>
> We were going to give my wifes Hyundai IX35 awd to the son and buy her a
> new chariot..  It's done 85k? since new, but fuck him. He can walk! :-)

Just run in.

Make him work for it. These last generations have a serious issue with
entitlement, but our two don't and we're planning on keeping it that way.