<dpg> americans are wierd.... <xtifr> californians even weirder <Knghtbrd> xtifr has a point ...

aus+uk / uk.sport.cricket / Re: Jeeeeeeeeeeez Tim Paine quits as Australia captain

SubjectAuthor
* Jeeeeeeeeeeez Tim Paine quits as Australia captainRH
`* Re: Jeeeeeeeeeeez Tim Paine quits as Australia captainRichard Dixon
 `* Re: Jeeeeeeeeeeez Tim Paine quits as Australia captainMike Holmans
  `- Re: Jeeeeeeeeeeez Tim Paine quits as Australia captainRH

1
Jeeeeeeeeeeez Tim Paine quits as Australia captain

<b4275a75-94e7-4659-a311-cb8659f0b607n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17439&group=uk.sport.cricket#17439

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 23:34:54 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Jeeeeeeeeeeez Tim Paine quits as Australia captain
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (RH)
 by: RH - Fri, 19 Nov 2021 07:34 UTC

Tim Paine quits as Australia captain after sending explicit messages to a female colleague
Paine insisted he had not broken Cricket Australia's rules but said he was stepping down on the eve of the Ashes for the good of cricket

By
Telegraph Sport
19 November 2021 • 7:21am
Tim Paine quits as Australia captain after sending explicit messages to a female colleague

Paine: 'I'm deeply sorry for the hurt and pain that I have caused to my wife, my family, and to the other party' CREDIT: EPA

Tim Paine has resigned as Australia's Test captain on the eve of the Ashes after an investigation by Cricket Australia into explicit messages he sent to a colleague.

Paine told a press conference in Hobart on Thursday that he would give up the captaincy after admitting a text exchange with a female co-worker at Cricket Tasmania in 2017.

The 36-year-old, who has captained Australia's Test team since Steve Smith quit over the ball-tampering scandal in 2018, insisted he had not breached Cricket Australia's conduct rules over the messages but said the decision was right for the reputation of the sport.

"Nearly four years ago, I was involved in a text exchange with a then-colleague," Paine told reporters in Hobart. "At the time, the exchange was the subject of a thorough CA Integrity Unit investigation, throughout which I fully participated in and openly participated in.

"That investigation and a Cricket Tasmania HR investigation at the same time found that there had been no breach of the Cricket Australia Code of Conduct.

"Although exonerated, I deeply regretted this incident at the time, and still do today. I spoke to my wife and family at the time and am enormously grateful for their forgiveness and support.

Read more at https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket/2021/11/19/tim-paine-quits-australia-captain-sending-explicit-messages/

Re: Jeeeeeeeeeeez Tim Paine quits as Australia captain

<05779afd-3a38-4bd8-8c37-a112024b90c7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17452&group=uk.sport.cricket#17452

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2021 04:21:34 -0800 (PST)
From: richsdix...@gmail.com (Richard Dixon)
 by: Richard Dixon - Fri, 19 Nov 2021 12:21 UTC

On Friday, 19 November 2021 at 07:34:55 UTC, RH wrote:
> Tim Paine quits as Australia captain after sending explicit messages to a female colleague
> Paine insisted he had not broken Cricket Australia's rules but said he was stepping down on the eve of the Ashes for the good of cricket

Are you going for 5-0 England again this year?

Re: Jeeeeeeeeeeez Tim Paine quits as Australia captain

<mf6fpgdnrbp400h701irn1q9scd0sl4r16@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17456&group=uk.sport.cricket#17456

From: spa...@jackalope.uk (Mike Holmans)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2021 12:38:09 +0000
 by: Mike Holmans - Fri, 19 Nov 2021 12:38 UTC

On Fri, 19 Nov 2021 04:21:34 -0800 (PST), Richard Dixon
<richsdixon1975@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Friday, 19 November 2021 at 07:34:55 UTC, RH wrote:
>> Tim Paine quits as Australia captain after sending explicit messages to a female colleague
>> Paine insisted he had not broken Cricket Australia's rules but said he was stepping down on the eve of the Ashes for the good of cricket
>
>Are you going for 5-0 England again this year?

Note that because this is an Australia story, it gets a Jeezzzzzzz
rather than a rant about the pc rampage. It must be difficult for
someone that closed-minded to work out which bigotry to indulge.

Cheers,

Mike

Re: Jeeeeeeeeeeez Tim Paine quits as Australia captain

<f2713032-aa9d-42d2-aa8f-e5b850ed97b1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17508&group=uk.sport.cricket#17508

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2021 03:07:38 -0800 (PST)
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (RH)
 by: RH - Sat, 20 Nov 2021 11:07 UTC

On Friday, November 19, 2021 at 12:38:12 PM UTC, Mike Holmans wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Nov 2021 04:21:34 -0800 (PST), Richard Dixon
> <richsdi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >On Friday, 19 November 2021 at 07:34:55 UTC, RH wrote:
> >> Tim Paine quits as Australia captain after sending explicit messages to a female colleague
> >> Paine insisted he had not broken Cricket Australia's rules but said he was stepping down on the eve of the Ashes for the good of cricket
> >
> >Are you going for 5-0 England again this year?
> Note that because this is an Australia story, it gets a Jeezzzzzzz
> rather than a rant about the pc rampage. It must be difficult for
> someone that closed-minded to work out which bigotry to indulge.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mike

Dear oh dear, master Unwholesome can't even get Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez right
RH