From: spa...@jackalope.uk (Mike Holmans)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: Hotlines and so on
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2021 15:16:44 +0000
 by: Mike Holmans - Tue, 23 Nov 2021 15:16 UTC

So it appears that 36 people have contacted the YCCC racism hotline,
and the ECB are being contacted by a lot of other people. There's been
a lot of it about.

Now what?

I don't think there's a great deal of value in hunting down players
who've behaved badly and visiting sanctions on them. Some
acknowledgements by current players of the error of their previous
ways and vows to be less objectionable in the future ought to be
enough to sort of wipe the slate clean and allow the game to
concentrate on making things better going forward rather than
contantly raking over the past.

Hotline reports may well identify certain individuals who need a
rather sterner talking-to than others, but talkings-to seem to me to
be the order of the day. Short of being exposed as a far-right thug in
their time off, I can't see what could be so heinous as to make it
worth penalising players for historical behaviour which comes to light
several years later.

It's far more important to weed out the toxic individuals in the ranks
of club managements, so hotline identification of those with positions
of responsibility who think like the local moron would be very useful.

Cheers,

Mike

Re: Hotlines and so on

<ujcqpgl6t3ljvt0anuhr6pn9a1q9im1a03@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17582&group=uk.sport.cricket#17582

From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: Re: Hotlines and so on
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2021 18:48:03 +0000
 by: max.it - Tue, 23 Nov 2021 18:48 UTC

On Tue, 23 Nov 2021 15:16:44 +0000, Mike Holmans <spam@jackalope.uk>
wrote:

>So it appears that 36 people have contacted the YCCC racism hotline,
>and the ECB are being contacted by a lot of other people. There's been
>a lot of it about.
>
>Now what?
>
>I don't think there's a great deal of value in hunting down players
>who've behaved badly and visiting sanctions on them. Some
>acknowledgements by current players of the error of their previous
>ways and vows to be less objectionable in the future ought to be
>enough to sort of wipe the slate clean and allow the game to
>concentrate on making things better going forward rather than
>contantly raking over the past.
>
>Hotline reports may well identify certain individuals who need a
>rather sterner talking-to than others, but talkings-to seem to me to
>be the order of the day. Short of being exposed as a far-right thug in
>their time off, I can't see what could be so heinous as to make it
>worth penalising players for historical behaviour which comes to light
>several years later.
>
>It's far more important to weed out the toxic individuals in the ranks
>of club managements, so hotline identification of those with positions
>of responsibility who think like the local moron would be very useful.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Mike

When people learn that it's ok to complain the value of the racist
behaviour to the racist is lost, but only if someone is listening.

max.it

Re: Hotlines and so on

<be1629d2-3cc9-4fc7-8d23-db271cc3768cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17591&group=uk.sport.cricket#17591

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 02:29:43 -0800 (PST)
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (RH)
 by: RH - Wed, 24 Nov 2021 10:29 UTC

On Tuesday, November 23, 2021 at 3:16:46 PM UTC, Mike Holmans wrote:
> So it appears that 36 people have contacted the YCCC racism hotline,
> and the ECB are being contacted by a lot of other people. There's been
> a lot of it about.

There can't be that many black and Asian England qualified players past and present who have had substantial careers in county cricket . I wonder if foreign i,ports are amongst the complainants? RH

> Now what?
>
> I don't think there's a great deal of value in hunting down players
> who've behaved badly and visiting sanctions on them. Some
> acknowledgements by current players of the error of their previous
> ways and vows to be less objectionable in the future ought to be
> enough to sort of wipe the slate clean and allow the game to
> concentrate on making things better going forward rather than
> contantly raking over the past.

Cultural revolution quality self abasement advocated by mast Unwholesome.

RH