aus+uk / aus.cars / Re: anything concerning about 2017 Honda Civic VTi-S Auto

SubjectAuthor
* anything concerning about 2017 Honda Civic VTi-S Autolindsay
+* Re: anything concerning about 2017 Honda Civic VTi-S AutoDaryl
|`* Re: anything concerning about 2017 Honda Civic VTi-S Autolindsay
| `- Re: anything concerning about 2017 Honda Civic VTi-S AutoNoddy
+- Re: anything concerning about 2017 Honda Civic VTi-S AutoNoddy
`- Re: anything concerning about 2017 Honda Civic VTi-S AutoClocky

1
anything concerning about 2017 Honda Civic VTi-S Auto

<e3KFK.1063142$LfE9.469910@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17796&group=aus.cars#17796

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: Nop...@nunnya.biz.au (lindsay)
Subject: anything concerning about 2017 Honda Civic VTi-S Auto
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2022 16:05:59 +1000
 by: lindsay - Mon, 1 Aug 2022 06:05 UTC

thinking about buying this for my Son. He learnt to drive in one, so
he's cool with it, and after all, i'm paying for it!! Done 55000klms,
one lady owner with books, 4 new tyres, rwc and reg'd to May next year.
5 star Ancap. Cant see any battle damage...

It's a Honda, so i doubt there'd be too much wrong, but do they have any
glaring issues?

--
"If his story wasn't total and utter bullshit, it would be a doddle for
him to get the info. Trouble is, he was never involved in the incident.

"I was never in doubt that the accident took place." xeno 12/08/18

Re: anything concerning about 2017 Honda Civic VTi-S Auto

<jkpbsqFsncuU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17802&group=aus.cars#17802

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2022 16:58:33 +1000
 by: Daryl - Mon, 1 Aug 2022 06:58 UTC

On 1/8/2022 4:05 pm, lindsay wrote:

> thinking about buying this for my Son. He learnt to drive in one, so
> he's cool with it, and after all, i'm paying for it!! Done 55000klms,
> one lady owner with books, 4 new tyres, rwc and reg'd to May next year.
> 5 star Ancap. Cant see any battle damage...
>
> It's a Honda, so i doubt there'd be too much wrong, but do they have any
> glaring issues?

No issues that I know of.
Generally speaking Hondas are very well made and very reliable, keep it
well serviced and I doubt that it will cause any problems.

--
Daryl

Re: anything concerning about 2017 Honda Civic VTi-S Auto

<tc89f6$rjh2$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17810&group=aus.cars#17810

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2022 20:21:25 +1000
 by: Noddy - Mon, 1 Aug 2022 10:21 UTC

On 1/08/2022 4:05 pm, lindsay wrote:

> thinking about buying this for my Son. He learnt to drive in one, so
> he's cool with it, and after all, i'm paying for it!! Done 55000klms,
> one lady owner with books, 4 new tyres, rwc and reg'd to May next year.
> 5 star Ancap. Cant see any battle damage...
>
> It's a Honda, so i doubt there'd be too much wrong, but do they have any
> glaring issues?

Not generally.

As Daryl said, Honda make a good solid car. Their styling can be a
little quirky and the Civic isn't the small car it once was, but if the
young bloke isn't bothered by those things then he'll have a decent ride.

Standard caveat emptor rules apply. If you're unsure, then a
pre-purchase inspection might be a good investment.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: anything concerning about 2017 Honda Civic VTi-S Auto

<tcb4u9$1g1kd$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17859&group=aus.cars#17859

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2022 20:22:35 +0800
 by: Clocky - Tue, 2 Aug 2022 12:22 UTC

On 1/08/2022 2:05 pm, lindsay wrote:

> thinking about buying this for my Son. He learnt to drive in one, so
> he's cool with it, and after all, i'm paying for it!! Done 55000klms,
> one lady owner with books, 4 new tyres, rwc and reg'd to May next year.
> 5 star Ancap. Cant see any battle damage...
>
> It's a Honda, so i doubt there'd be too much wrong, but do they have any
> glaring issues?

No. Just make sure it has a good service history and get it checked over
by a trusted qualified mechanic. There may also be relevant recalls and
reworks outstanding. Not sure who can check that for you now that Honda
has dumped all it's dealers for an agency model but someone will know.
Honda may not be here for much longer but spare parts availability
shouldn't be an issue and I'm sure it will make a great first car.

The battle damage will come once he starts driving it ;-)

--
keith on the 7 Oct 2021 wrote;
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if

Re: anything concerning about 2017 Honda Civic VTi-S Auto

<u%jHK.1005535$lHb6.153314@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18015&group=aus.cars#18015

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: Nop...@nunnya.biz.au (lindsay)
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2022 12:05:12 +1000
 by: lindsay - Sat, 6 Aug 2022 02:05 UTC

On 1/08/2022 4:58 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 1/8/2022 4:05 pm, lindsay wrote:
>>

>> thinking about buying this for my Son. He learnt to drive in one, so
>> he's cool with it, and after all, i'm paying for it!! Done 55000klms,
>> one lady owner with books, 4 new tyres, rwc and reg'd to May next
>> year. 5 star Ancap. Cant see any battle damage...
>>
>> It's a Honda, so i doubt there'd be too much wrong, but do they have
>> any glaring issues?
>>

> No issues that I know of.
> Generally speaking Hondas are very well made and very reliable, keep it
> well serviced and I doubt that it will cause any problems.

Thanks to those who replied.... wife and son pick it up next weekend;
i'm going bush for a few days :-)

--
"If his story wasn't total and utter bullshit, it would be a doddle for
him to get the info. Trouble is, he was never involved in the incident.
He knows that, I know that and you had best wake up to it. xeno 24/08/14

"I was never in doubt that the accident took place." xeno 12/08/18

Re: anything concerning about 2017 Honda Civic VTi-S Auto

<tckksn$3jcs3$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18019&group=aus.cars#18019

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2022 12:49:58 +1000
 by: Noddy - Sat, 6 Aug 2022 02:49 UTC

On 6/08/2022 12:05 pm, lindsay wrote:
> On 1/08/2022 4:58 pm, Daryl wrote:
>> On 1/8/2022 4:05 pm, lindsay wrote:
>>>

>>> thinking about buying this for my Son. He learnt to drive in one, so
>>> he's cool with it, and after all, i'm paying for it!! Done 55000klms,
>>> one lady owner with books, 4 new tyres, rwc and reg'd to May next
>>> year. 5 star Ancap. Cant see any battle damage...
>>>
>>> It's a Honda, so i doubt there'd be too much wrong, but do they have
>>> any glaring issues?
>>>

>> No issues that I know of.
>> Generally speaking Hondas are very well made and very reliable, keep
>> it well serviced and I doubt that it will cause any problems.
>>
> Thanks to those who replied.... wife and son pick it up next weekend;
> i'm going bush for a few days :-)

Enjoy :)

Regards,
Noddy.