Give me chastity and continence, but not just now. -- St. Augustine

aus+uk / uk.comp.sys.mac / Re: Unsupported Browser

SubjectAuthor
* Unsupported BrowserDavid Kennedy
`* Re: Unsupported BrowserAlan B
 +- Re: Unsupported BrowserDavid Brooks
 `* Re: Unsupported BrowserDavid Kennedy
  `* Re: Unsupported BrowserAlan B
   `* Re: Unsupported BrowserRoger Meriman
    `* Re: Unsupported BrowserDavid Kennedy
     `- Re: Unsupported BrowserRoger Meriman

1
Unsupported Browser

<Y7GdnZOmxpsPu3b5nZ2dnZfqnPednZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17751&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#17751

Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
From: davidken...@gmail.com (David Kennedy)
Subject: Unsupported Browser
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2023 11:33:53 +0100
 by: David Kennedy - Sun, 27 Aug 2023 10:33 UTC

So, I was looking for an up to date list of MFI cable manufacturers today and
went to <https://mfi.apple.com/account/authorized-manufacturers> and was
greeted by the message :-

"It appears that you're using an unsupported browser or platform. To ensure
you can view and submit information in the MFi Portal, use a supported browser."

So, my question is, why doesn't Apple support Safari on iPad?

Re: Unsupported Browser

<ucfa9f$14o0p$1@alanrichardbarker.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17752&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#17752

From: alanrich...@gmail.com.invalid (Alan B)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Subject: Re: Unsupported Browser
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2023 10:58:55 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Alan B - Sun, 27 Aug 2023 10:58 UTC

On 27 Aug 2023 at 11:33:53 BST, "David Kennedy" <davidkennedygm@gmail.com>
wrote:

> So, I was looking for an up to date list of MFI cable manufacturers today and
> went to <https://mfi.apple.com/account/authorized-manufacturers> and was
> greeted by the message :-
>
> "It appears that you're using an unsupported browser or platform. To ensure
> you can view and submit information in the MFi Portal, use a supported
> browser."
>
> So, my question is, why doesn't Apple support Safari on iPad?

Yes it's a bit odd. I viewed your post in Newstap on my iPad using the latest
iPadOS and clicked on the link only to be greeted by the same message. Newstap
appears to use its own browser presumably using WebKit with an option to use
the system browser. Clicking on the Browser option resulted in the page
displaying correctly in Safari.

--
Cheers, Alan

Re: Unsupported Browser

<aEGGM.772510$AsA.358444@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17753&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#17753

Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
From: Dav...@nomail.afraid.org (David Brooks)
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2023 12:41:58 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Sun, 27 Aug 2023 11:41 UTC

On 27/08/2023 11:58, Alan B wrote:
> On 27 Aug 2023 at 11:33:53 BST, "David Kennedy" <davidkennedygm@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> So, I was looking for an up to date list of MFI cable manufacturers today and
>> went to <https://mfi.apple.com/account/authorized-manufacturers> and was
>> greeted by the message :-
>>
>> "It appears that you're using an unsupported browser or platform. To ensure
>> you can view and submit information in the MFi Portal, use a supported
>> browser."
>>
>> So, my question is, why doesn't Apple support Safari on iPad?
>
> Yes it's a bit odd. I viewed your post in Newstap on my iPad using the latest
> iPadOS and clicked on the link only to be greeted by the same message. Newstap
> appears to use its own browser presumably using WebKit with an option to use
> the system browser. Clicking on the Browser option resulted in the page
> displaying correctly in Safari.

On my iMac:-

I simply had to 'tick' the box saying .....

"I agree to Apple's MFi Non-Disclosure agreement in accordance with the
Privacy Statement (including cross-border transfers as described in the
statement)."

....... Then the webpage opened immediately.

Re: Unsupported Browser

<7dmdnZnSHbtM8nb5nZ2dnZfqn_ednZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17755&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#17755

Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
From: davidken...@gmail.com (David Kennedy)
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2023 16:46:24 +0100
 by: David Kennedy - Sun, 27 Aug 2023 15:46 UTC

On 27/08/2023 11:58, Alan B wrote:
> On 27 Aug 2023 at 11:33:53 BST, "David Kennedy" <davidkennedygm@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> So, I was looking for an up to date list of MFI cable manufacturers today and
>> went to <https://mfi.apple.com/account/authorized-manufacturers> and was
>> greeted by the message :-
>>
>> "It appears that you're using an unsupported browser or platform. To ensure
>> you can view and submit information in the MFi Portal, use a supported
>> browser."
>>
>> So, my question is, why doesn't Apple support Safari on iPad?
>
> Yes it's a bit odd. I viewed your post in Newstap on my iPad using the latest
> iPadOS and clicked on the link only to be greeted by the same message. Newstap
> appears to use its own browser presumably using WebKit with an option to use
> the system browser. Clicking on the Browser option resulted in the page
> displaying correctly in Safari.

Odd! I'll say so. I was using safari on the ipad. Didn't appear if I did a
copy and paste though...

It does come up on Seamonkey on the Mac but not for Firefox or safari on Mac.

It also comes up with Firefox on ipad and with the Ecosia browser on iPad -
not sure what that's based on

Weird

Re: Unsupported Browser

<ucfrsl$17v2o$1@alanrichardbarker.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17756&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#17756

From: alanrich...@gmail.com.invalid (Alan B)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2023 15:59:17 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Alan B - Sun, 27 Aug 2023 15:59 UTC

On 27 Aug 2023 at 16:46:24 BST, "David Kennedy" <davidkennedygm@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 27/08/2023 11:58, Alan B wrote:
>> On 27 Aug 2023 at 11:33:53 BST, "David Kennedy" <davidkennedygm@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> So, I was looking for an up to date list of MFI cable manufacturers today and
>>> went to <https://mfi.apple.com/account/authorized-manufacturers> and was
>>> greeted by the message :-
>>>
>>> "It appears that you're using an unsupported browser or platform. To ensure
>>> you can view and submit information in the MFi Portal, use a supported
>>> browser."
>>>
>>> So, my question is, why doesn't Apple support Safari on iPad?
>>
>> Yes it's a bit odd. I viewed your post in Newstap on my iPad using the latest
>> iPadOS and clicked on the link only to be greeted by the same message. Newstap
>> appears to use its own browser presumably using WebKit with an option to use
>> the system browser. Clicking on the Browser option resulted in the page
>> displaying correctly in Safari.
>>
> Odd! I'll say so. I was using safari on the ipad. Didn't appear if I did a
> copy and paste though...
>
> It does come up on Seamonkey on the Mac but not for Firefox or safari on Mac.
>
> It also comes up with Firefox on ipad and with the Ecosia browser on iPad -
> not sure what that's based on

On macOS using copy/paste the only browser that gives that message is M$ Edge.
No problem with Safari, Firefox, Arc and Brave. I haven't got any other
browsers installed at the moment.

--
Cheers, Alan

Re: Unsupported Browser

<zOAQM.199040$Flj7.51063@fx13.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18021&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#18021

Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
From: rog...@sarlet.com (Roger Meriman)
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2023 13:14:07 GMT
 by: Roger Meriman - Tue, 26 Sep 2023 13:14 UTC

Alan B <alanrichardbarker@gmail.com.invalid> wrote:
> On 27 Aug 2023 at 16:46:24 BST, "David Kennedy" <davidkennedygm@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 27/08/2023 11:58, Alan B wrote:

>>> Yes it's a bit odd. I viewed your post in Newstap on my iPad using the latest
>>> iPadOS and clicked on the link only to be greeted by the same message. Newstap
>>> appears to use its own browser presumably using WebKit with an option to use
>>> the system browser. Clicking on the Browser option resulted in the page
>>> displaying correctly in Safari.
>>>
>> Odd! I'll say so. I was using safari on the ipad. Didn't appear if I did a
>> copy and paste though...
>>
>> It does come up on Seamonkey on the Mac but not for Firefox or safari on Mac.
>>
>> It also comes up with Firefox on ipad and with the Ecosia browser on iPad -
>> not sure what that's based on
>
> On macOS using copy/paste the only browser that gives that message is M$ Edge.
> No problem with Safari, Firefox, Arc and Brave. I haven't got any other
> browsers installed at the moment.

On iOS 17.1 sites that use Mapbox Gl such as Strava route builder dont work
anymore and displays Browser doesn’t support Mapbox GL.

Only Safari, chrome/Edge etc all fine!

Roger Merriman

Re: Unsupported Browser

<0XadnVAQQK-_To74nZ2dnZfqn_SdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18024&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#18024

Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
From: davidken...@gmail.com (David Kennedy)
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 08:00:49 +0100
 by: David Kennedy - Wed, 27 Sep 2023 07:00 UTC

On 26/09/2023 14:14, Roger Meriman wrote:
> Alan B <alanrichardbarker@gmail.com.invalid> wrote:
>> On 27 Aug 2023 at 16:46:24 BST, "David Kennedy" <davidkennedygm@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Odd! I'll say so. I was using safari on the ipad. Didn't appear if I did a
>>> copy and paste though...
>>>
>>> It does come up on Seamonkey on the Mac but not for Firefox or safari on Mac.
>>>
>>> It also comes up with Firefox on ipad and with the Ecosia browser on iPad -
>>> not sure what that's based on
>>
>> On macOS using copy/paste the only browser that gives that message is M$ Edge.
>> No problem with Safari, Firefox, Arc and Brave. I haven't got any other
>> browsers installed at the moment.
>>

> On iOS 17.1 sites that use Mapbox Gl such as Strava route builder dont work
> anymore and displays Browser doesn’t support Mapbox GL.
>
> Only Safari, chrome/Edge etc all fine!
>
> Roger Merriman

It is annoying how often I'm encouraged to "upgrade" to chrome for "a Better
experience"

Re: Unsupported Browser

<kTTQM.212385$Flj7.129863@fx13.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18029&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#18029

Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
From: rog...@sarlet.com (Roger Meriman)
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 10:56:16 GMT
 by: Roger Meriman - Wed, 27 Sep 2023 10:56 UTC

David Kennedy <davidkennedygm@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 26/09/2023 14:14, Roger Meriman wrote:
>> Alan B <alanrichardbarker@gmail.com.invalid> wrote:

>>> On macOS using copy/paste the only browser that gives that message is M$ Edge.
>>> No problem with Safari, Firefox, Arc and Brave. I haven't got any other
>>> browsers installed at the moment.
>>>

>> On iOS 17.1 sites that use Mapbox Gl such as Strava route builder dont work
>> anymore and displays Browser doesn’t support Mapbox GL.
>>
>> Only Safari, chrome/Edge etc all fine!
>>
>> Roger Merriman
>>
> It is annoying how often I'm encouraged to "upgrade" to chrome for "a Better
> experience"

I experimented with the iPhone last night which worked, so I reset Safari
on the iPad and does now work so clearly it does support it but something
possibly location was garbled.

Roger Merriman