Every love's the love before In a duller dress. -- Dorothy Parker, "Summary"

aus+uk / uk.sport.cricket / Andrew Gale loses 100 job

SubjectAuthor
* Andrew Gale loses 100 jobmax.it
+* Re: Andrew Gale loses 100 jobRH
|`- Re: Andrew Gale loses 100 jobjack fredricks
`- Re: Andrew Gale loses 100 jobMike Holmans

1
Andrew Gale loses 100 job

<jmihrgp5geduofl9odeevvm2hi734jmcod@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18077&group=uk.sport.cricket#18077

From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: Andrew Gale loses 100 job
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 16:51:58 +0000
 by: max.it - Tue, 14 Dec 2021 16:51 UTC

Gale's contract won't be renewed. It was a one year contract and Gale
has said he will mount a legal challenge to the decision.

I'm not sure how you would go about that challenge. If the 100
franchise decides not to renew a contract then that's surely their
decision alone to make.

max.it

Re: Andrew Gale loses 100 job

<8c136056-d834-4422-afee-e969ca4bd35an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18078&group=uk.sport.cricket#18078

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 09:36:35 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Andrew Gale loses 100 job
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (RH)
 by: RH - Tue, 14 Dec 2021 17:36 UTC

On Tuesday, December 14, 2021 at 4:52:03 PM UTC, max.it wrote:
> Gale's contract won't be renewed. It was a one year contract and Gale
> has said he will mount a legal challenge to the decision.
>
> I'm not sure how you would go about that challenge. If the 100
> franchise decides not to renew a contract then that's surely their
> decision alone to make.
>
> max.it
>
> --

It would depends on the terms of contract. It could have a clause saying hit this target and we will renew the contract . Or it could be a question of Yorkshire failing to give him any reason when other staff members have been given reasons. Or it could be a question of defamation over the unproven claims of racism. Moreover the fact that Gale has been such a long term employee as player and coach might have some significance for a court or tribunal in coming to a judgement. RH

Re: Andrew Gale loses 100 job

<v9nhrgt2c71uvol9dstjpj57h6olh54qt5@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18079&group=uk.sport.cricket#18079

From: spa...@jackalope.uk (Mike Holmans)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 18:20:40 +0000
 by: Mike Holmans - Tue, 14 Dec 2021 18:20 UTC

On Tue, 14 Dec 2021 16:51:58 +0000, max.it <max@tea.time> wrote:

>Gale's contract won't be renewed. It was a one year contract and Gale
>has said he will mount a legal challenge to the decision.
>
>I'm not sure how you would go about that challenge. If the 100
>franchise decides not to renew a contract then that's surely their
>decision alone to make.

I'd have thought so too. It's not as though the team were stunningly
successful - though several of their players were, to be fair - so he
hasn't got results he can really offer as fantastically convincing
evidence in his defence.

His relationship with YCCC is a major embarrassment to the franchise,
and they can well do without a lot of pointed questions about why they
are continuing to employ a mediocre coach who's been sacked by YCCC in
circumstances of which all too many people are aware.

Cheers,

Mike

Re: Andrew Gale loses 100 job

<511cfe82-5e37-4b9e-b395-6f8632a05dd7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18083&group=uk.sport.cricket#18083

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 12:35:27 -0800 (PST)
From: jzfredri...@gmail.com (jack fredricks)
 by: jack fredricks - Tue, 14 Dec 2021 20:35 UTC

On Wednesday, December 15, 2021 at 3:36:36 AM UTC+10, RH wrote:
> Or it could be a question of defamation over the unproven claims of racism

YCCC's proven racism.