Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: Nop...@nunnya.biz.au (lindsay)
Subject: gee, there's some nuffies getting around.....
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2022 12:03:29 +1000
 by: lindsay - Sat, 6 Aug 2022 02:03 UTC

https://imgur.com/a/rjmYqVi

Dickhead drives over painted traffic island twice (2nd time at the very
end...)

Wonder how the driver of the white car turning right felt, seeing a
Prado heading straight for it at speed....

Oh, and I caught up to it at the lights further up the road :-)

--
"If his story wasn't total and utter bullshit, it would be a doddle for
him to get the info. Trouble is, he was never involved in the incident.

"I was never in doubt that the accident took place." xeno 12/08/18

Re: gee, there's some nuffies getting around.....

<tckku7$3jcs3$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18020&group=aus.cars#18020

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: gee, there's some nuffies getting around.....
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2022 12:50:46 +1000
 by: Noddy - Sat, 6 Aug 2022 02:50 UTC

On 6/08/2022 12:03 pm, lindsay wrote:

> https://imgur.com/a/rjmYqVi
>
> Dickhead drives over painted traffic island twice (2nd time at the very
> end...)
>
> Wonder how the driver of the white car turning right felt, seeing a
> Prado heading straight for it at speed....
>
> Oh, and I caught up to it at the lights further up the road :-)

What a knob.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: gee, there's some nuffies getting around.....

<jl66qdF39thU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18023&group=aus.cars#18023

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2022 13:51:39 +1000
 by: Daryl - Sat, 6 Aug 2022 03:51 UTC

On 6/8/2022 12:03 pm, lindsay wrote:

> https://imgur.com/a/rjmYqVi
>
> Dickhead drives over painted traffic island twice (2nd time at the very
> end...)
>
> Wonder how the driver of the white car turning right felt, seeing a
> Prado heading straight for it at speed....
>
> Oh, and I caught up to it at the lights further up the road :-)

LOL, not surprised, nothing is usually gained by that sort of driving.
Bad driving is getting so common that if I wrote down every bit of bad
driving I saw I wouldn't have time to do anything else:-)

--
Daryl

Re: gee, there's some nuffies getting around.....

<jlbeptFsmkfU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18103&group=aus.cars#18103

From: use...@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2022 13:38:35 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Mon, 8 Aug 2022 03:38 UTC

On 6/08/2022 12:03 pm, lindsay wrote:

> https://imgur.com/a/rjmYqVi
>
> Dickhead drives over painted traffic island twice (2nd time at the very
> end...)
>
> Wonder how the driver of the white car turning right felt, seeing a
> Prado heading straight for it at speed....
>
> Oh, and I caught up to it at the lights further up the road :-)

There was a report in Saturdays Brisbane paper of a guy in his 70s being
to sent to jail for running down and killing a cyclist. She was riding
with her husband when this idiot hit them from behind, he claimed that
he didn't see them. Not surprising really, he had macular degeneration
and cataracts in both eyes, so was as blind as a bat. When the male
cyclist asked him to call for an ambulance, he couldn't because he
couldn't read the numbers on his phone. Doctors had told him for years
that he should give up driving, not sure why they didn't report him to
the licencing authority.

Re: gee, there's some nuffies getting around.....

<jlbmehFtqjqU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18118&group=aus.cars#18118

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2022 15:49:03 +1000
 by: Daryl - Mon, 8 Aug 2022 05:49 UTC

On 8/8/2022 1:38 pm, keithr0 wrote:
> On 6/08/2022 12:03 pm, lindsay wrote:
>>
>> https://imgur.com/a/rjmYqVi
>>
>> Dickhead drives over painted traffic island twice (2nd time at the
>> very end...)
>>
>> Wonder how the driver of the white car turning right felt, seeing a
>> Prado heading straight for it at speed....
>>
>> Oh, and I caught up to it at the lights further up the road :-)
>>

> There was a report in Saturdays Brisbane paper of a guy in his 70s being
> to sent to jail for running down and killing a cyclist. She was riding
> with her husband when this idiot hit them from behind, he claimed that
> he didn't see them. Not surprising really, he had macular degeneration
> and cataracts in both eyes, so was as blind as a bat. When the male
> cyclist asked him to call for an ambulance, he couldn't because he
> couldn't read the numbers on his phone. Doctors had told him for years
> that he should give up driving, not sure why they didn't report him to
> the licencing authority.

At least the court did the right thing and jailed him.

--
Daryl

Re: gee, there's some nuffies getting around.....

<jlbmshFtq50U3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18120&group=aus.cars#18120

From: use...@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2022 15:56:34 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Mon, 8 Aug 2022 05:56 UTC

On 8/08/2022 3:49 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 8/8/2022 1:38 pm, keithr0 wrote:
>> On 6/08/2022 12:03 pm, lindsay wrote:
>>>
>>> https://imgur.com/a/rjmYqVi
>>>
>>> Dickhead drives over painted traffic island twice (2nd time at the
>>> very end...)
>>>
>>> Wonder how the driver of the white car turning right felt, seeing a
>>> Prado heading straight for it at speed....
>>>
>>> Oh, and I caught up to it at the lights further up the road :-)
>>>

>> There was a report in Saturdays Brisbane paper of a guy in his 70s
>> being to sent to jail for running down and killing a cyclist. She was
>> riding with her husband when this idiot hit them from behind, he
>> claimed that he didn't see them. Not surprising really, he had macular
>> degeneration and cataracts in both eyes, so was as blind as a bat.
>> When the male cyclist asked him to call for an ambulance, he couldn't
>> because he couldn't read the numbers on his phone. Doctors had told
>> him for years that he should give up driving, not sure why they didn't
>> report him to the licencing authority.
>

> At least the court did the right thing and jailed him.

Not for terribly long, but he is banned from driving anything for ever

Re: gee, there's some nuffies getting around.....

<jlbtvtFflmU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18137&group=aus.cars#18137

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2022 17:57:47 +1000
 by: Daryl - Mon, 8 Aug 2022 07:57 UTC

On 8/8/2022 3:56 pm, keithr0 wrote:
> On 8/08/2022 3:49 pm, Daryl wrote:

>>> There was a report in Saturdays Brisbane paper of a guy in his 70s
>>> being to sent to jail for running down and killing a cyclist. She was
>>> riding with her husband when this idiot hit them from behind, he
>>> claimed that he didn't see them. Not surprising really, he had
>>> macular degeneration and cataracts in both eyes, so was as blind as a
>>> bat. When the male cyclist asked him to call for an ambulance, he
>>> couldn't because he couldn't read the numbers on his phone. Doctors
>>> had told him for years that he should give up driving, not sure why
>>> they didn't report him to the licencing authority.
>>

>> At least the court did the right thing and jailed him.
>>
> Not for terribly long, but he is banned from driving anything for ever

I know in Qld after you turn 75 you need a medical certificate to
continue to drive, sounds like he was under 75?
If he knowingly drove with poor eyesight and killed someone he should
have been charged with manslaughter and received a much longer jail term.
I know someone in Qld who recently had his license taken away due to
failing eyesight but he is 93.

--
Daryl

Re: gee, there's some nuffies getting around.....

<jlc32fF19pkU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18143&group=aus.cars#18143

From: use...@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2022 19:24:30 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Mon, 8 Aug 2022 09:24 UTC

On 8/08/2022 5:57 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 8/8/2022 3:56 pm, keithr0 wrote:

>>> At least the court did the right thing and jailed him.
>>>
>> Not for terribly long, but he is banned from driving anything for ever
>

> I know in Qld after you turn 75 you need a medical certificate to
> continue to drive, sounds like he was under 75?
> If he knowingly drove with poor eyesight and killed someone he should
> have been charged with manslaughter and received a much longer jail term.
> I know someone in Qld who recently had his license taken away due to
> failing eyesight but he is 93.

I had to start annual medical checks earlier being an insulin dependent
diabetic. I'm not sure how my wife got through her most recent one, she
is essentially blind in one eye, and the other isn't 100%, but then she
rarely drives which is a PITA since I have to drive here around.