f u cn rd ths, u r prbbly a lsy spllr.

aus+uk / aus.legal / Re: Floyd trial goes to the jury ?

SubjectAuthor
* Floyd trial goes to the jury ?Phil Allison
+* Re: Floyd trial goes to the jury ?Rod Speed
|`* Re: Floyd trial goes to the jury ?Phil Allison
| `* Re: Floyd trial goes to the jury ?Rod Speed
|  `* Re: Floyd trial goes to the jury ?Phil Allison
|   `- Re: Floyd trial goes to the jury ?Rod Speed
`* Re: Floyd trial goes to the jury ?Max
 +* Re: Floyd trial goes to the jury ?Dechucka
 |+* Re: Floyd trial goes to the jury ?Max
 ||+* Re: Floyd trial goes to the jury ?Dechucka
 |||`* Re: Floyd trial goes to the jury ?Max
 ||| `* Re: Floyd trial goes to the jury ?Dechucka
 |||  `* Re: Floyd trial goes to the jury ?Max
 |||   `- Re: Floyd trial goes to the jury ?Dechucka
 ||`- Re: Floyd trial goes to the jury ?Rod Speed
 |`* Re: Floyd trial goes to the jury ?Max
 | +- Re: Floyd trial goes to the jury ?Dechucka
 | `* Re: Floyd trial goes to the jury ?Phil Allison
 |  `* Re: Floyd trial goes to the jury ?Max
 |   +* Re: Floyd trial goes to the jury ?Phil Allison
 |   |`- Re: Floyd trial goes to the jury ?Max
 |   `* Re: Floyd trial goes to the jury ?News 2021
 |    +- Re: Floyd trial goes to the jury ?Phil Allison
 |    `* Re: Floyd trial goes to the jury ?Max
 |     `- Re: Floyd trial goes to the jury ?News 2021
 `- Re: Floyd trial goes to the jury ?Rod Speed

Pages:12
Floyd trial goes to the jury ?

<ff2962ed-baa0-4038-8cf6-42234c6bd7a7n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1810&group=aus.legal#1810

Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2021 15:30:56 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Floyd trial goes to the jury ?
From: palliso...@gmail.com (Phil Allison)
 by: Phil Allison - Mon, 19 Apr 2021 22:30 UTC

Hi,

been following this pseudo legal charade fairy closely.
Americans have got their politics mixed up with their law so badly it seems the two can never be separated.

Local councils run police forces, officials ( ie police chiefs, judges etc) get publicly elected - a recipe for disaster.
Attempting any change now would be like trying to unscramble an egg.

IMO a well run count, hearing the Derek Chauvin case would not have let it get this far. Judges have an obligation to asses prosecution cases before handing over to the defense or a jury.

IF a judge believe that a jury conviction would be unsafe, ie there was not proof presented of guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, the trial *must* be stopped.

In this case, the jury are not only prejudiced by massive amounts of pre trial media misinformation but are actually under treat if they vote to acquit.
Be a good idea to not have them make any decision.

But that would take a very brave judge.
Not many of them about in the US legal system.

...... Phil

Re: Floyd trial goes to the jury ?

<ie6mrrFd0qeU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1811&group=aus.legal#1811

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Subject: Re: Floyd trial goes to the jury ?
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 10:51:00 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Tue, 20 Apr 2021 00:51 UTC

Phil Allison <pallison49@gmail.com> wrote

> been following this pseudo legal charade fairy closely.

But don’t have a fucking clue about how the american system works.

> Americans have got their politics mixed up with their
> law so badly it seems the two can never be separated.

We'll see...

> Local councils run police forces,

That’s not unique to the USA.

> officials ( ie police chiefs, judges etc) get publicly elected

That’s not universal in the USA either.

> - a recipe for disaster.

> Attempting any change now would be like trying to unscramble an egg.

> IMO a well run count, hearing the Derek Chauvin
> case would not have let it get this far.

But then your opinion has always been completely worthless.

> Judges have an obligation to asses prosecution
> cases before handing over to the defense or a jury.

Not in the USA, that’s the role of the grand jury.

> IF a judge believe that a jury conviction would be unsafe,
> ie there was not proof presented of guilt beyond a
> reasonable doubt, the trial *must* be stopped.

More utterly mindless pig ignorant shit from you.

> In this case, the jury are not only prejudiced by
> massive amounts of pre trial media misinformation
> but are actually under treat if they vote to acquit.
> Be a good idea to not have them make any decision.

Using that mindlessly silly line, no controversial crime would ever get
tried.

> But that would take a very brave judge.
> Not many of them about in the US legal system.

That’s mindless bullshit too.

And it wouldn’t happen here either.

Re: Floyd trial goes to the jury ?

<9ca17769-cf2c-4d62-ae79-fb82e024072dn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1812&group=aus.legal#1812

Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2021 18:00:03 -0700 (PDT)
From: palliso...@gmail.com (Phil Allison)
 by: Phil Allison - Tue, 20 Apr 2021 01:00 UTC

Rod Ex-Speed cop laughing stock

============================> Phil Allison <palli...@gmail.com>
> > been following this pseudo legal charade fairy closely.
> But don’t have a fucking clue about how the american system works..

** Wrong. The US system does not work.

> > Americans have got their politics mixed up with their
> > law so badly it seems the two can never be separated.
> We'll see...

** Obvious fact.

> > Local councils run police forces,
> That’s not unique to the USA.

** Yawnnnnnn...

> > officials ( ie police chiefs, judges etc) get publicly elected
> That’s not universal in the USA either.

**Yawnnnn.....

> > - a recipe for disaster.

** An obvious truism.

> > Attempting any change now would be like trying to unscramble an egg.
>
> > IMO a well run count, hearing the Derek Chauvin
> > case would not have let it get this far.

> But then your opinion has always been

** Spot on.

> > Judges have an obligation to asses prosecution
> > cases before handing over to the defense or a jury.
> Not in the USA, that’s the role of the grand jury.

** The "grand jury" has no such role .
Not even there for actual cases when on trial.

> > IF a judge believe that a jury conviction would be unsafe,
> > ie there was not proof presented of guilt beyond a
> > reasonable doubt, the trial *must* be stopped.

> > In this case, the jury are not only prejudiced by
> > massive amounts of pre trial media misinformation
> > but are actually under treat if they vote to acquit.
> > Be a good idea to not have them make any decision.

> Using that mindlessly silly line, no controversial crime would ever get
> tried.

** Laughably stupid and 100% WRONG !!

> > But that would take a very brave judge.
> > Not many of them about in the US legal system.

> That’s mindless bullshit too.

** Complete fact.

...... Phil

Re: Floyd trial goes to the jury ?

<ie6o70Fd7qbU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1813&group=aus.legal#1813

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 11:14:01 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Tue, 20 Apr 2021 01:14 UTC

Phil Allison <pallison49@gmail.com> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Phil Allison <palli...@gmail.com>

>>> been following this pseudo legal charade fairy closely.

>> But don’t have a fucking clue about how the american system works.

> Wrong. The US system does not work.

Odd, could have sworn that the absolute vast bulk of the
murders documented in Forensic Files do get a conviction.

>> > Americans have got their politics mixed up with their
>> > law so badly it seems the two can never be separated.

>> We'll see...

> Obvious fact.

Odd, could have sworn that the absolute vast bulk of the
murders documented in Forensic Files do get a conviction.

>> > Local councils run police forces,

>> That’s not unique to the USA.

>>> officials ( ie police chiefs, judges etc) get publicly elected

>> That’s not universal in the USA either.

>>> - a recipe for disaster.

> An obvious truism.

Nope, just more utterly mindless shit from you, as always.

>>> Attempting any change now would be like trying to unscramble an egg.

>>> IMO a well run count, hearing the Derek Chauvin
>>> case would not have let it get this far.

>> But then your opinion has always been completely useless.

>>> Judges have an obligation to asses prosecution
>>> cases before handing over to the defense or a jury.

>> Not in the USA, that’s the role of the grand jury.

> The "grand jury" has no such role .

Wrong, as always.

> Not even there for actual cases when on trial.

But they do determine if it goes to trial, fuckwit.

>>> IF a judge believe that a jury conviction would be unsafe,
>>> ie there was not proof presented of guilt beyond a
>>> reasonable doubt, the trial *must* be stopped.

More utterly mindless pig ignorant bullshit.

>>> In this case, the jury are not only prejudiced by
>>> massive amounts of pre trial media misinformation
>>> but are actually under treat if they vote to acquit.
>>> Be a good idea to not have them make any decision.

>> Using that mindlessly silly line, no controversial
>> crime would ever get tried.

>>> But that would take a very brave judge.
>>> Not many of them about in the US legal system.

>> That’s mindless bullshit too.

>> And doesn’t happen here either.

Re: Floyd trial goes to the jury ?

<3d9d6864-3231-49bc-b2c8-c64dd7d5f922n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1814&group=aus.legal#1814

Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2021 18:28:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: palliso...@gmail.com (Phil Allison)
 by: Phil Allison - Tue, 20 Apr 2021 01:28 UTC

Rod Speed Posts MORE insane CRAP :

> >> But don’t have a fucking clue about how the american system works.
> > Wrong. The US system does not work.
>
> Odd, could have sworn that the absolute vast bulk of the
> murders documented in Forensic Files do get a conviction.

** Lynch mobs get a high rate too.

> >> Not in the USA, that’s the role of the grand jury.
>
> > The "grand jury" has no such role .
>
> Wrong, as always.

** ROTFLMAO - they fucking do not !!!!

> > Not even there for actual cases when on trial.
> But they do determine if it goes to trial, fuckwit.

** Never the question.

> More utterly mindless pig ignorant bullshit.

** Fact of law - you know nothing, lying cunt.

...... Phil

Re: Floyd trial goes to the jury ?

<ie72ttFf2njU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1815&group=aus.legal#1815

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 14:16:53 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Tue, 20 Apr 2021 04:16 UTC

Phil Allison <pallison49@gmail.com> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote

>>> Wrong. The US system does not work.

>> Odd, could have sworn that the absolute vast bulk of the
>> murders documented in Forensic Files do get a conviction.

> Lynch mobs get a high rate too.

You never could bullshit your way out of a wet paper bag.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_juries_in_the_United_States

>>> Not even there for actual cases when on trial.

>> But they do determine if it goes to trial, fuckwit.

> Never the question.

Wrong, as always.

>> More utterly mindless pig ignorant bullshit.

> Fact of law

More utterly mindless pig ignorant bullshit.

Re: Floyd trial goes to the jury ?

<s5ls1l$1mci$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1816&group=aus.legal#1816

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 16:23:49 +1000
 by: Max - Tue, 20 Apr 2021 06:23 UTC

On 20/04/2021 8:30 am, Phil Allison wrote:
> Hi,
>
> been following this pseudo legal charade fairy closely.
> Americans have got their politics mixed up with their law so badly it seems the two can never be separated.
>
> Local councils run police forces, officials ( ie police chiefs, judges etc) get publicly elected - a recipe for disaster.
> Attempting any change now would be like trying to unscramble an egg.

In the USA, state judges are initially appointed by the Governor, but
then have to be elected to continue their appointed.

How is Australia any better? Our elected attorneys-general appoint
judges. So there is every chance that a judge could be appointed for
political reasons.

> IMO a well run count, hearing the Derek Chauvin case would not have let it get this far. Judges have an obligation to asses prosecution cases before handing over to the defense or a jury.
>
> IF a judge believe that a jury conviction would be unsafe, ie there was not proof presented of guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, the trial *must* be stopped.
>
> In this case, the jury are not only prejudiced by massive amounts of pre trial media misinformation but are actually under treat if they vote to acquit.
> Be a good idea to not have them make any decision.
>
> But that would take a very brave judge.
> Not many of them about in the US legal system.
>

> ..... Phil

Re: Floyd trial goes to the jury ?

<oMCdnW3G24ZX6OP9nZ2dnUU7-dnNnZ2d@westnet.com.au>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1817&group=aus.legal#1817

Newsgroups: aus.legal
From: Dechuc...@hotmail.com (Dechucka)
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 16:33:45 +1000
 by: Dechucka - Tue, 20 Apr 2021 06:33 UTC

On 20/04/2021 4:23 pm, Max wrote:
> On 20/04/2021 8:30 am, Phil Allison wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> been following this pseudo legal charade fairy closely.
>> Americans have got their politics mixed up with their law so badly it
>> seems the two can never be separated.
>>
>> Local councils run police forces,  officials ( ie police chiefs,
>> judges etc) get publicly elected  -  a recipe for disaster.
>> Attempting any change now would be like trying to unscramble an egg.
>>

> In the USA, state judges are initially appointed by the Governor, but
> then have to be elected to continue their appointed.

Wrong
https://ballotpedia.org/Judicial_selection_in_the_states

> How is Australia any better? Our elected attorneys-general appoint
> judges. So there is every chance that a judge could be appointed for
> political reasons.

sadly true

Re: Floyd trial goes to the jury ?

<s5lvjm$15a9$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1818&group=aus.legal#1818

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 17:24:37 +1000
 by: Max - Tue, 20 Apr 2021 07:24 UTC

On 20/04/2021 4:33 pm, Dechucka wrote:
> On 20/04/2021 4:23 pm, Max wrote:
>> On 20/04/2021 8:30 am, Phil Allison wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> been following this pseudo legal charade fairy closely.
>>> Americans have got their politics mixed up with their law so badly it
>>> seems the two can never be separated.
>>>
>>> Local councils run police forces,  officials ( ie police chiefs,
>>> judges etc) get publicly elected  -  a recipe for disaster.
>>> Attempting any change now would be like trying to unscramble an egg.
>>>

>> In the USA, state judges are initially appointed by the Governor, but
>> then have to be elected to continue their appointed.
>
> Wrong
> https://ballotpedia.org/Judicial_selection_in_the_states

"An attorney may become a judge by being elected or appointed by the
Governor. Appointed judges must stand for election district-wide in the
next general election that is more than one year after the swearing-in
date (Minnesota Constitution Article VI, § 8)."

https://mn.gov/governor/administration/judicialappointments/

So what I said is true. They are initally appointed by the Governor and
then have to elected in the next general election. This is what happens
when a judge dies or turn 70 - the Governor would appoint a new one,
then they have to be elected in the next election. Otherwise there
would be elections every time a judge dies or turns 70.

>> How is Australia any better? Our elected attorneys-general appoint
>> judges. So there is every chance that a judge could be appointed for
>> political reasons.
>
> sadly true

Re: Floyd trial goes to the jury ?

<i7CdnegOjq4eH-P9nZ2dnUU7-LmdnZ2d@westnet.com.au>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1819&group=aus.legal#1819

Newsgroups: aus.legal
From: Dechuc...@hotmail.com (Dechucka)
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 17:28:03 +1000
 by: Dechucka - Tue, 20 Apr 2021 07:28 UTC

On 20/04/2021 5:24 pm, Max wrote:
> On 20/04/2021 4:33 pm, Dechucka wrote:

>>> In the USA, state judges are initially appointed by the Governor, but
>>> then have to be elected to continue their appointed.
>>
>> Wrong
>> https://ballotpedia.org/Judicial_selection_in_the_states
>
> "An attorney may become a judge by being elected or appointed by the
> Governor. Appointed judges must stand for election district-wide in the
> next general election that is more than one year after the swearing-in
> date (Minnesota Constitution Article VI, § 8)."
>
> https://mn.gov/governor/administration/judicialappointments/
>
> So what I said is true.  They are initally appointed by the Governor and
> then have to elected in the next general election.  This is what happens
> when a judge dies or turn 70 - the Governor would appoint a new one,
> then they have to be elected in the next election.  Otherwise there
> would be elections every time a judge dies or turns 70.

In Minnesota and maybe in some other US States but not US wide
https://ballotpedia.org/Judicial_selection_in_the_states

Re: Floyd trial goes to the jury ?

<s5lvsv$15a9$2@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1820&group=aus.legal#1820

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 17:29:36 +1000
 by: Max - Tue, 20 Apr 2021 07:29 UTC

On 20/04/2021 5:28 pm, Dechucka wrote:
> On 20/04/2021 5:24 pm, Max wrote:

>>> Wrong
>>> https://ballotpedia.org/Judicial_selection_in_the_states
>>
>> "An attorney may become a judge by being elected or appointed by the
>> Governor. Appointed judges must stand for election district-wide in
>> the next general election that is more than one year after the
>> swearing-in date (Minnesota Constitution Article VI, § 8)."
>>
>> https://mn.gov/governor/administration/judicialappointments/
>>
>> So what I said is true.  They are initally appointed by the Governor
>> and then have to elected in the next general election.  This is what
>> happens when a judge dies or turn 70 - the Governor would appoint a
>> new one, then they have to be elected in the next election.  Otherwise
>> there would be elections every time a judge dies or turns 70.
>
> In Minnesota and maybe in some other US States but not US wide
> https://ballotpedia.org/Judicial_selection_in_the_states

Minnesota is the relevant state for the Floyd case, isn't it?

Re: Floyd trial goes to the jury ?

<d_mdnZupB-IUGOP9nZ2dnUU7-IednZ2d@westnet.com.au>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1821&group=aus.legal#1821

Newsgroups: aus.legal
From: Dechuc...@hotmail.com (Dechucka)
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 17:40:57 +1000
 by: Dechucka - Tue, 20 Apr 2021 07:40 UTC

On 20/04/2021 5:29 pm, Max wrote:
> On 20/04/2021 5:28 pm, Dechucka wrote:

>>> "An attorney may become a judge by being elected or appointed by the
>>> Governor. Appointed judges must stand for election district-wide in
>>> the next general election that is more than one year after the
>>> swearing-in date (Minnesota Constitution Article VI, § 8)."
>>>
>>> https://mn.gov/governor/administration/judicialappointments/
>>>
>>> So what I said is true.  They are initally appointed by the Governor
>>> and then have to elected in the next general election.  This is what
>>> happens when a judge dies or turn 70 - the Governor would appoint a
>>> new one, then they have to be elected in the next election.
>>> Otherwise there would be elections every time a judge dies or turns 70.
>>
>> In Minnesota and maybe in some other US States but not US wide
>> https://ballotpedia.org/Judicial_selection_in_the_states
>
> Minnesota is the relevant state for the Floyd case, isn't it?

Yes but you said "In the USA, state judges are initially appointed by
the Governor, but then have to be elected to continue their appointed.".
That is not true

Re: Floyd trial goes to the jury ?

<s5m176$1rjf$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1822&group=aus.legal#1822

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 17:52:08 +1000
 by: Max - Tue, 20 Apr 2021 07:52 UTC

On 20/04/2021 5:40 pm, Dechucka wrote:
> On 20/04/2021 5:29 pm, Max wrote:

>>> In Minnesota and maybe in some other US States but not US wide
>>> https://ballotpedia.org/Judicial_selection_in_the_states
>>
>> Minnesota is the relevant state for the Floyd case, isn't it?
>
> Yes but you said "In the USA, state judges are initially appointed by
> the Governor, but then have to be elected to continue their appointed.".
> That is not true

Are you suggesting that in some states, there is a general election
everytime a judge dies or turns 70?

Re: Floyd trial goes to the jury ?

<buKdnVVrqNcrF-P9nZ2dnUU7-fednZ2d@westnet.com.au>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1823&group=aus.legal#1823

Newsgroups: aus.legal
From: Dechuc...@hotmail.com (Dechucka)
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 18:03:02 +1000
 by: Dechucka - Tue, 20 Apr 2021 08:03 UTC

On 20/04/2021 5:52 pm, Max wrote:
> On 20/04/2021 5:40 pm, Dechucka wrote:

>>> Minnesota is the relevant state for the Floyd case, isn't it?
>>
>> Yes but you said "In the USA, state judges are initially appointed by
>> the Governor, but then have to be elected to continue their
>> appointed.". That is not true
>>

> Are you suggesting that in some states, there is a general election
> everytime a judge dies or turns 70?

I'm suggesting there isn't only one method as you stated

"Methods of judicial selection vary substantially across the United
States.[1] Though each state has a unique set of guidelines governing
how they fill their state and local judiciaries, there are five main
methods:

Partisan elections: Judges are elected by the people, and
candidates are listed on the ballot alongside a label designating
political party affiliation.
Nonpartisan elections: Judges are elected by the people, and
candidates are listed on the ballot without a label designating party
affiliation.
Legislative elections: Judges are selected by the state legislature.
Gubernatorial appointment: Judges are appointed by the governor. In
some cases, approval from the legislative body is required.
Assisted appointment, also known as merit selection or the Missouri
Plan: A nominating commission reviews the qualifications of judicial
candidates and submits a list of names to the governor, who appoints a
judge from the list. After serving an initial term, the judge must be
confirmed by the people in a yes-no retention election to remain on the
court"

Re: Floyd trial goes to the jury ?

<s5m1v9$58r$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1824&group=aus.legal#1824

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 18:04:58 +1000
 by: Max - Tue, 20 Apr 2021 08:04 UTC

On 20/04/2021 4:33 pm, Dechucka wrote:
> On 20/04/2021 4:23 pm, Max wrote:
>> On 20/04/2021 8:30 am, Phil Allison wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> been following this pseudo legal charade fairy closely.
>>> Americans have got their politics mixed up with their law so badly it
>>> seems the two can never be separated.
>>>
>>> Local councils run police forces,  officials ( ie police chiefs,
>>> judges etc) get publicly elected  -  a recipe for disaster.
>>> Attempting any change now would be like trying to unscramble an egg.
>>>

>> In the USA, state judges are initially appointed by the Governor, but
>> then have to be elected to continue their appointed.
>
> Wrong
> https://ballotpedia.org/Judicial_selection_in_the_states
>>
>> How is Australia any better? Our elected attorneys-general appoint
>> judges. So there is every chance that a judge could be appointed for
>> political reasons.
>
> sadly true

It's called democracy. Have you got a better alternative?

Re: Floyd trial goes to the jury ?

<aO-dnSLoI--TEOP9nZ2dnUU7-N3NnZ2d@westnet.com.au>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1825&group=aus.legal#1825

Newsgroups: aus.legal
From: Dechuc...@hotmail.com (Dechucka)
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 18:13:01 +1000
 by: Dechucka - Tue, 20 Apr 2021 08:13 UTC

On 20/04/2021 6:04 pm, Max wrote:
> On 20/04/2021 4:33 pm, Dechucka wrote:

>>> In the USA, state judges are initially appointed by the Governor, but
>>> then have to be elected to continue their appointed.
>>
>> Wrong
>> https://ballotpedia.org/Judicial_selection_in_the_states
>>>
>>> How is Australia any better? Our elected attorneys-general appoint
>>> judges. So there is every chance that a judge could be appointed for
>>> political reasons.
>>
>> sadly true
>
> It's called democracy. Have you got a better alternative?

Our system works well, I'd rather have our system than the massively
politicised US system.
However our system relies on the goodwill of our politicians not to
politicise it and is not transparent.

Re: Floyd trial goes to the jury ?

<ie7nn5Fiu73U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1826&group=aus.legal#1826

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 20:11:40 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Tue, 20 Apr 2021 10:11 UTC

"Max" <max@val.morgan> wrote in message news:s5ls1l$1mci$1@gioia.aioe.org...
> On 20/04/2021 8:30 am, Phil Allison wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> been following this pseudo legal charade fairy closely.
>> Americans have got their politics mixed up with their law so badly it
>> seems the two can never be separated.
>>
>> Local councils run police forces, officials ( ie police chiefs, judges
>> etc) get publicly elected - a recipe for disaster.
>> Attempting any change now would be like trying to unscramble an egg.
>>

> In the USA, state judges are initially appointed by the Governor, but then
> have to be elected to continue their appointed.

Its nothing like that black and white.

> How is Australia any better?

Yep, no way for the voters to get rid of a fuckwit judge.

> Our elected attorneys-general appoint judges.

In reality its more complicated than that too.

> So there is every chance that a judge could be appointed for political
> reasons.

There isnt really a lot of that.

>> IMO a well run count, hearing the Derek Chauvin case would not have let
>> it get this far. Judges have an obligation to asses prosecution cases
>> before handing over to the defense or a jury.
>>
>> IF a judge believe that a jury conviction would be unsafe, ie there was
>> not proof presented of guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, the trial *must*
>> be stopped.
>>
>> In this case, the jury are not only prejudiced by massive amounts of pre
>> trial media misinformation but are actually under treat if they vote to
>> acquit.
>> Be a good idea to not have them make any decision.
>>
>> But that would take a very brave judge.
>> Not many of them about in the US legal system.

Re: Floyd trial goes to the jury ?

<ie7o7iFj2arU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1827&group=aus.legal#1827

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 20:20:25 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Tue, 20 Apr 2021 10:20 UTC

"Max" <max@val.morgan> wrote in message news:s5lvjm$15a9$1@gioia.aioe.org...
> On 20/04/2021 4:33 pm, Dechucka wrote:

>>> In the USA, state judges are initially appointed by the Governor, but
>>> then have to be elected to continue their appointed.
>>
>> Wrong
>> https://ballotpedia.org/Judicial_selection_in_the_states
>
> "An attorney may become a judge by being elected or appointed by the
> Governor. Appointed judges must stand for election district-wide in the
> next general election that is more than one year after the swearing-in
> date (Minnesota Constitution Article VI, § 8)."

Just one state, stupid.

> https://mn.gov/governor/administration/judicialappointments/

> So what I said is true.

Nope, not in all states.

> They are initally appointed by the Governor and then have to elected in
> the next general election.

Only in the states that do it that way and only some of them do it that way.

> This is what happens when a judge dies or turn 70 - the Governor would
> appoint a new one, then they have to be elected in the next election.
> Otherwise there would be elections every time a judge dies or turns 70.

Utterly mangled all over again.

Re: Floyd trial goes to the jury ?

<9384d17d-c164-4ea3-b8ee-322d5889912dn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1828&group=aus.legal#1828

Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 05:06:34 -0700 (PDT)
From: palliso...@gmail.com (Phil Allison)
 by: Phil Allison - Tue, 20 Apr 2021 12:06 UTC

Max = Vile Wog POS Fuckwit & Moron wrote:

> It's called democracy.

** Not it fucking is not !!!!!!!!!!!

Any civilised country carefully *separates* day to day politics from the powers of the judiciary and the police.

But obviosly not in the stinking fuck hole of retarded criminal scum you came from.

...... Phil

Re: Floyd trial goes to the jury ?

<s5ohrr$m0i$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1832&group=aus.legal#1832

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2021 16:48:27 +1000
 by: Max - Wed, 21 Apr 2021 06:48 UTC

On 20/04/2021 10:06 pm, Phil Allison wrote:
> Max = Vile Wog POS Fuckwit & Moron wrote:
>
>> It's called democracy.
>
> ** Not it fucking is not !!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Any civilised country carefully *separates* day to day politics from the powers of the judiciary and the police.
>
> But obviosly not in the stinking fuck hole of retarded criminal scum you came from.

Democracy means that the will of the people gets enacted. If the people
want certain people being judges then that's what happens.

How else are you going to do it? Have an unelected intellectual "elite"
decide such mattters? Then that would not be democracy. You obviously
don't want a democracy.

Re: Floyd trial goes to the jury ?

<e0b5771e-2870-4972-a606-f845fac7f4b4n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1833&group=aus.legal#1833

Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 23:54:58 -0700 (PDT)
From: palliso...@gmail.com (Phil Allison)
 by: Phil Allison - Wed, 21 Apr 2021 06:54 UTC

On Wednesday, April 21, 2021 at 4:48:29 PM UTC+10, Max wrote:
> On 20/04/2021 10:06 pm, Phil Allison wrote:
> > Max = Vile Wog POS Fuckwit & Moron wrote:
> >
> >> It's called democracy.
> >
> > ** Not it fucking is not !!!!!!!!!!!
> >
> > Any civilised country carefully *separates* day to day politics from the powers of the judiciary and the police.
> >
> > But obviosly not in the stinking fuck hole of retarded criminal scum you came from.
> >
> Democracy means that the will of the people gets enacted. If the people
> want certain people being judges then that's what happens.

** Insane, pig ignorant, crap.

> How else are you going to do it?

** Experienced lawyers earn the right and apply for positions they come up.

You have not the faintest idea what is even being discussed here.
Same as with every other stupid troll on the internet.

FUCK OFF !!

Re: Floyd trial goes to the jury ?

<s5oilm$d3k$8@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1834&group=aus.legal#1834

From: new...@woa.com.au (News 2021)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2021 07:02:15 -0000 (UTC)
 by: News 2021 - Wed, 21 Apr 2021 07:02 UTC

On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 16:48:27 +1000, Max scribed:

> On 20/04/2021 10:06 pm, Phil Allison wrote:
>> Max = Vile Wog POS Fuckwit & Moron wrote:
>>
>>> It's called democracy.
>>
>> ** Not it fucking is not !!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>> Any civilised country carefully *separates* day to day politics from
>> the powers of the judiciary and the police.
>>
>> But obviosly not in the stinking fuck hole of retarded criminal scum
>> you came from.
>>

> Democracy means that the will of the people gets enacted. If the people
> want certain people being judges then that's what happens.
>
> How else are you going to do it? Have an unelected intellectual "elite"
> decide such mattters? Then that would not be democracy. You obviously
> don't want a democracy.

Correct the appointment of Judges is done by an unelected intellectual
elite, who themselves are selected by another unelected intellectual
elite. the beauty is that ids you have the will and get the education,
you can join this unelected intellectual elite. It jst takes time, effort
and will power.

Re: Floyd trial goes to the jury ?

<f297e7cb-11ce-4252-82f5-efbe862ea816n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1835&group=aus.legal#1835

Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2021 00:33:17 -0700 (PDT)
From: palliso...@gmail.com (Phil Allison)
 by: Phil Allison - Wed, 21 Apr 2021 07:33 UTC

News 2021= Raving Lunatic, Maxist Moron wrote:

> Correct the appointment of Judges is done by an unelected intellectual
> elite,

** Thank god for that !!!!!!

Wouldn't want know nothing, fuckwit retards like MAX involved.

...... Phil

Re: Floyd trial goes to the jury ?

<s5okti$1tu1$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1836&group=aus.legal#1836

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2021 17:40:34 +1000
 by: Max - Wed, 21 Apr 2021 07:40 UTC

On 21/04/2021 4:54 pm, Phil Allison wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 21, 2021 at 4:48:29 PM UTC+10, Max wrote:

>>> ** Not it fucking is not !!!!!!!!!!!
>>>
>>> Any civilised country carefully *separates* day to day politics from the powers of the judiciary and the police.
>>>
>>> But obviosly not in the stinking fuck hole of retarded criminal scum you came from.
>>>
>> Democracy means that the will of the people gets enacted. If the people
>> want certain people being judges then that's what happens.
>>
> ** Insane, pig ignorant, crap.
>
>> How else are you going to do it?
>
> ** Experienced lawyers earn the right and apply for positions they come up.
>
> You have not the faintest idea what is even being discussed here.
> Same as with every other stupid troll on the internet.
>
> FUCK OFF !!

You are not getting the point about democracy. If an attorney-general
is elected that does not want non-Australian born people becoming judges
then that is what will happen, because it's a *democracy*. Maybe you
should look that word up, fuckwit.

Re: Floyd trial goes to the jury ?

<s5olgv$agi$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1837&group=aus.legal#1837

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2021 17:50:53 +1000
 by: Max - Wed, 21 Apr 2021 07:50 UTC

On 21/04/2021 5:02 pm, News 2021 wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 16:48:27 +1000, Max scribed:

>>> ** Not it fucking is not !!!!!!!!!!!
>>>
>>> Any civilised country carefully *separates* day to day politics from
>>> the powers of the judiciary and the police.
>>>
>>> But obviosly not in the stinking fuck hole of retarded criminal scum
>>> you came from.
>>>

>> Democracy means that the will of the people gets enacted. If the people
>> want certain people being judges then that's what happens.
>>
>> How else are you going to do it? Have an unelected intellectual "elite"
>> decide such mattters? Then that would not be democracy. You obviously
>> don't want a democracy.
>
> Correct the appointment of Judges is done by an unelected intellectual
> elite, who themselves are selected by another unelected intellectual
> elite. the beauty is that ids you have the will and get the education,
> you can join this unelected intellectual elite. It jst takes time, effort
> and will power.

I know people who have become judges and they are very ordinary people -
not to be venerated at all.

Look at what two of the Vic appeal court judges did to George Pell!
Intellectual elite? Give me a break.