aus+uk / aus.cars / FINALLY!!! Son gets his chariot....

SubjectAuthor
* FINALLY!!! Son gets his chariot....lindsay
+* Re: FINALLY!!! Son gets his chariot....Noddy
|`* Re: FINALLY!!! Son gets his chariot....lindsay
| `* Re: FINALLY!!! Son gets his chariot....Noddy
|  `* Re: FINALLY!!! Son gets his chariot....lindsay
|   +- Re: FINALLY!!! Son gets his chariot....Daryl
|   `* Re: FINALLY!!! Son gets his chariot....Noddy
|    +* Re: FINALLY!!! Son gets his chariot....Clocky
|    |`- Re: FINALLY!!! Son gets his chariot....Xeno
|    `* Re: FINALLY!!! Son gets his chariot....lindsay
|     `* Re: FINALLY!!! Son gets his chariot....Noddy
|      `* Re: FINALLY!!! Son gets his chariot....lindsay
|       `- Re: FINALLY!!! Son gets his chariot....Noddy
+* Re: FINALLY!!! Son gets his chariot....Clocky
|`* Re: FINALLY!!! Son gets his chariot....lindsay
| `- Re: FINALLY!!! Son gets his chariot....Clocky
`* Re: FINALLY!!! Son gets his chariot....Daryl
 `- Re: FINALLY!!! Son gets his chariot....lindsay

1
FINALLY!!! Son gets his chariot....

<%g2KK.223227$9j2.46796@fx33.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18200&group=aus.cars#18200

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: nop...@nunnya.business.com.au (lindsay)
Subject: FINALLY!!! Son gets his chariot....
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2022 18:22:16 +1000
 by: lindsay - Sun, 14 Aug 2022 08:22 UTC

Son *finally* got his first car..... :-)

after a 2 year delay due to chinavirus, and the Vicroads offices being
on a 2 year holiday, he's finally got his own bus, an immaculate 2017
Honda Civic, and I mean immaculate. Seller suggested there was one minor
dint in pax rear door.. must be minor, because I cant see it. Only fault
I can find? It needs new wiper rubbers. Woot.

Sit's pretty low to the ground, but I'll only drive it once or twice.
He's got a grin bigger than Dan Ricciardio (sp?) atm, he's scored a
decent chariot, a years comp insurance and RACV roadside assist, for
about the next 16 birthday and xmas pressies... :-)

On the down side. he's parked it in my spot. ;-D

Re: FINALLY!!! Son gets his chariot....

<tdaclv$33tfu$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18202&group=aus.cars#18202

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: FINALLY!!! Son gets his chariot....
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2022 18:44:47 +1000
 by: Noddy - Sun, 14 Aug 2022 08:44 UTC

On 14/08/2022 6:22 pm, lindsay wrote:
> Son *finally* got his first car..... :-)
>

> after a 2 year delay due to chinavirus, and the Vicroads offices being
> on a 2 year holiday, he's finally got his own bus, an immaculate 2017
> Honda Civic, and I mean immaculate. Seller suggested there was one minor
> dint in pax rear door.. must be minor, because I cant see it. Only fault
> I can find? It needs new wiper rubbers. Woot.

Sounds like the shit.

> Sit's pretty low to the ground, but I'll only drive it once or twice.
> He's got a grin bigger than Dan Ricciardio (sp?) atm, he's scored a
> decent chariot, a years comp insurance and RACV roadside assist, for
> about the next 16 birthday and xmas pressies... :-)

Lol :)

> On the down side. he's parked it in my spot. ;-D

:)

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: FINALLY!!! Son gets his chariot....

<tdae8a$3427c$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18205&group=aus.cars#18205

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2022 17:11:39 +0800
 by: Clocky - Sun, 14 Aug 2022 09:11 UTC

On 14/08/2022 4:22 pm, lindsay wrote:
> Son *finally* got his first car..... :-)
>

> after a 2 year delay due to chinavirus, and the Vicroads offices being
> on a 2 year holiday, he's finally got his own bus, an immaculate 2017
> Honda Civic, and I mean immaculate. Seller suggested there was one minor
> dint in pax rear door.. must be minor, because I cant see it. Only fault
> I can find? It needs new wiper rubbers. Woot.

Nice one.

> Sit's pretty low to the ground, but I'll only drive it once or twice.

Not 'cop bait' low I hope. P's and all that.

> He's got a grin bigger than Dan Ricciardio (sp?) atm, he's scored a
> decent chariot, a years comp insurance and RACV roadside assist, for
> about the next 16 birthday and xmas pressies... :-)
>
> On the down side. he's parked it in my spot. ;-D

Heh, cheeky bugger.

--
keith on the 7 Oct 2021 wrote;
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if

Re: FINALLY!!! Son gets his chariot....

<j73KK.1012271$X_i.568985@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18206&group=aus.cars#18206

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: nop...@nunnya.business.com.au (lindsay)
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2022 19:20:12 +1000
 by: lindsay - Sun, 14 Aug 2022 09:20 UTC

On 14/08/2022 6:44 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 14/08/2022 6:22 pm, lindsay wrote:
>> Son *finally* got his first car..... :-)
>>

>> after a 2 year delay due to chinavirus, and the Vicroads offices being
>> on a 2 year holiday, he's finally got his own bus, an immaculate 2017
>> Honda Civic, and I mean immaculate. Seller suggested there was one
>> minor dint in pax rear door.. must be minor, because I cant see it.
>> Only fault I can find? It needs new wiper rubbers. Woot.
>
> Sounds like the shit.

It's like new. Who ever detailed it did a gold class job. I can see
junior getting stuck into my reserves of McGuires gear... And for once,
i'd be happy.... Buying a 'bit' of stock before I pull the pin.. :-) As
you would... wife is already sooking: "what about my car?": Me: "When
was the last time you polished your car?" Silence.... :-)

>> Sit's pretty low to the ground, but I'll only drive it once or twice.
>> He's got a grin bigger than Dan Ricciardio (sp?) atm, he's scored a
>> decent chariot, a years comp insurance and RACV roadside assist, for
>> about the next 16 birthday and xmas pressies... :-)
>
> Lol :)

Okay, maybe some seat covers and mats.

>> On the down side. he's parked it in my spot. ;-D
>
> :)

That wont be forever.. :-)

Re: FINALLY!!! Son gets his chariot....

<cf3KK.778469$J0r9.178428@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18207&group=aus.cars#18207

From: nop...@nunnya.business.com.au (lindsay)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2022 19:28:38 +1000
 by: lindsay - Sun, 14 Aug 2022 09:28 UTC

On 14/08/2022 7:11 pm, Clocky wrote:
> On 14/08/2022 4:22 pm, lindsay wrote:
>> Son *finally* got his first car..... :-)
>>

>> after a 2 year delay due to chinavirus, and the Vicroads offices being
>> on a 2 year holiday, he's finally got his own bus, an immaculate 2017
>> Honda Civic, and I mean immaculate. Seller suggested there was one
>> minor dint in pax rear door.. must be minor, because I cant see it.
>> Only fault I can find? It needs new wiper rubbers. Woot.
>>

> Nice one.
>
>> Sit's pretty low to the ground, but I'll only drive it once or twice.
>
> Not 'cop bait' low I hope. P's and all that.

He's on green p's , rather than red, but the seller (family of best
mate) has told me it's all orig. Passed a roadworthy which apparently
Vicroads have already accepted.

Son actually learnt to drive in the same make and model, which helped me
pay for it..

>> He's got a grin bigger than Dan Ricciardio (sp?) atm, he's scored a
>> decent chariot, a years comp insurance and RACV roadside assist, for
>> about the next 16 birthday and xmas pressies... :-)
>>
>> On the down side. he's parked it in my spot. ;-D
>
> Heh, cheeky bugger.

Not for long. <-D

Re: FINALLY!!! Son gets his chariot....

<tdai0b$34d14$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18208&group=aus.cars#18208

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2022 20:15:36 +1000
 by: Noddy - Sun, 14 Aug 2022 10:15 UTC

On 14/08/2022 7:20 pm, lindsay wrote:
> On 14/08/2022 6:44 pm, Noddy wrote:

>> Sounds like the shit.
>
> It's like new. Who ever detailed it did a gold class job. I can see
> junior getting stuck into my reserves of McGuires gear... And for once,
> i'd be happy.... Buying a 'bit' of stock before I pull the pin.. :-) As
> you would... wife is already sooking: "what about my car?": Me: "When
> was the last time you polished your car?" Silence.... :-)

As they do.

I washed the wife's car yesterday. It was a hurried effort as it had a
battery failure the night before and as we were using it to head out to
Lancefield after lunch to pick up a diff housing and do a bit of junk
shopping, I was kind of rushed after picking up and installing a new
battery in the morning. Still, I thought I'd give it a quick tub and
make it look respectable as it was filthy after all the rain we've had.
When she came out to get into the car she said "You did a half-arsed job
of washing it".

Guess who's washing her own fucking car from now on? :)

>>> Sit's pretty low to the ground, but I'll only drive it once or twice.
>>> He's got a grin bigger than Dan Ricciardio (sp?) atm, he's scored a
>>> decent chariot, a years comp insurance and RACV roadside assist, for
>>> about the next 16 birthday and xmas pressies... :-)
>>
>> Lol :)
>
> Okay, maybe some seat covers and mats.

He's doing alright for himself :)

>>> On the down side. he's parked it in my spot. ;-D
>>
>> :)
>
> That wont be forever.. :-)

Yeah, right :)

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: FINALLY!!! Son gets his chariot....

<jls8vmFi7odU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18211&group=aus.cars#18211

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2022 22:43:34 +1000
 by: Daryl - Sun, 14 Aug 2022 12:43 UTC

On 14/8/2022 6:22 pm, lindsay wrote:
> Son *finally* got his first car..... :-)

Nice, better than driving yours or his mothers:-)

> after a 2 year delay due to chinavirus, and the Vicroads offices being
> on a 2 year holiday, he's finally got his own bus, an immaculate 2017
> Honda Civic, and I mean immaculate. Seller suggested there was one minor
> dint in pax rear door.. must be minor, because I cant see it. Only fault
> I can find? It needs new wiper rubbers. Woot.
>
> Sit's pretty low to the ground, but I'll only drive it once or twice.
> He's got a grin bigger than Dan Ricciardio (sp?) atm, he's scored a
> decent chariot, a years comp insurance and RACV roadside assist, for
> about the next 16 birthday and xmas pressies... :-)

LOL.

> On the down side. he's parked it in my spot. ;-D

Cheeky, see how long that lasts:-)

--
Daryl

Re: FINALLY!!! Son gets his chariot....

<tdce76$3f39k$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18212&group=aus.cars#18212

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 11:23:12 +0800
 by: Clocky - Mon, 15 Aug 2022 03:23 UTC

On 14/08/2022 5:28 pm, lindsay wrote:
> On 14/08/2022 7:11 pm, Clocky wrote:
>> On 14/08/2022 4:22 pm, lindsay wrote:
>>> Son *finally* got his first car..... :-)
>>>

>>> after a 2 year delay due to chinavirus, and the Vicroads offices
>>> being on a 2 year holiday, he's finally got his own bus, an
>>> immaculate 2017 Honda Civic, and I mean immaculate. Seller suggested
>>> there was one minor dint in pax rear door.. must be minor, because I
>>> cant see it. Only fault I can find? It needs new wiper rubbers. Woot.
>>>

>> Nice one.
>>
>>> Sit's pretty low to the ground, but I'll only drive it once or twice.
>>
>> Not 'cop bait' low I hope. P's and all that.
>
> He's on green p's , rather than red, but the seller (family of best
> mate) has told me it's all orig. Passed a roadworthy which apparently
> Vicroads have already accepted.

Nothing to worry about then.

> Son actually learnt to drive in the same make and model, which helped me
> pay for it..

Cool.

>>> He's got a grin bigger than Dan Ricciardio (sp?) atm, he's scored a
>>> decent chariot, a years comp insurance and RACV roadside assist, for
>>> about the next 16 birthday and xmas pressies... :-)
>>>
>>> On the down side. he's parked it in my spot. ;-D
>>
>> Heh, cheeky bugger.
>
> Not for long. <-D

:-)

--
keith on the 7 Oct 2021 wrote;
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if
it is unproven, he is lying."

Re: FINALLY!!! Son gets his chariot....

<WVIKK.696447$70j.221481@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18213&group=aus.cars#18213

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: nop...@nunnya.business.com.au (lindsay)
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2022 18:53:08 +1000
 by: lindsay - Tue, 16 Aug 2022 08:53 UTC

On 14/08/2022 10:43 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 14/8/2022 6:22 pm, lindsay wrote:
>> Son *finally* got his first car..... :-)
>
> Nice, better than driving yours or his mothers:-)

Hahahah he wont go near my Ranger.. i scared the crap of him in the
bottom paddock up the block. I normally cut a grand prix(!) track, so
the wife and Son can have a bit of fun on their quads... took son out
for a driving lesson in the Navara... he's enjoying himself... until I
screamed "STOP" :-) He has very good reflexes. I nearly face planted
the pax side dash...

I'm confident he'll be a good driver. Has been suggested he may do an
advanced drivers course at Sandown in the not too distant future... Cant
hurt...

>> after a 2 year delay due to chinavirus, and the Vicroads offices being
>> on a 2 year holiday, he's finally got his own bus, an immaculate 2017
>> Honda Civic, and I mean immaculate. Seller suggested there was one
>> minor dint in pax rear door.. must be minor, because I cant see it.
>> Only fault I can find? It needs new wiper rubbers. Woot.
>>
>> Sit's pretty low to the ground, but I'll only drive it once or twice.
>> He's got a grin bigger than Dan Ricciardio (sp?) atm, he's scored a
>> decent chariot, a years comp insurance and RACV roadside assist, for
>> about the next 16 birthday and xmas pressies... :-)
>
> LOL.
>>
>> On the down side. he's parked it in my spot. ;-D
>
> Cheeky, see how long that lasts:-)

Already sorted. :-D

Re: FINALLY!!! Son gets his chariot....

<t0JKK.750491$ntj.615454@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18214&group=aus.cars#18214

From: nop...@nunnya.business.com.au (lindsay)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2022 19:00:08 +1000
 by: lindsay - Tue, 16 Aug 2022 09:00 UTC

On 14/08/2022 8:15 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 14/08/2022 7:20 pm, lindsay wrote:
>> On 14/08/2022 6:44 pm, Noddy wrote:
>
>>> Sounds like the shit.
>>
>> It's like new. Who ever detailed it did a gold class job. I can see
>> junior getting stuck into my reserves of McGuires gear... And for
>> once, i'd be happy.... Buying a 'bit' of stock before I pull the pin..
>> :-) As you would... wife is already sooking: "what about my car?": Me:
>> "When was the last time you polished your car?" Silence.... :-)
>
> As they do.
>
> I washed the wife's car yesterday. It was a hurried effort as it had a
> battery failure the night before and as we were using it to head out to
> Lancefield after lunch to pick up a diff housing and do a bit of junk
> shopping, I was kind of rushed after picking up and installing a new
> battery in the morning. Still, I thought I'd give it a quick tub and
> make it look respectable as it was filthy after all the rain we've had.
> When she came out to get into the car she said "You did a half-arsed job
> of washing it".
>
> Guess who's washing her own fucking car from now on? :)

LOL. just be careful, wash her car, or wash your jocks.. :-) Wife
sometimes drives through a car wash, but more often than not, simply
points at her Hyundai while I'm washing mine. That little chore has now
be handed down to the Son.. :-)

>>> Lol :)
>>
>> Okay, maybe some seat covers and mats.
>
> He's doing alright for himself :)

He's probably got more than the daughter did. Care factor: 0 I've
discharged my responsibility... 4 months to go, and they can ALL get
fucked. :-)

>>> :)
>>
>> That wont be forever.. :-)
>
> Yeah, right :)

Already changed the hierarchy... wife, who drives maybe 3000klms a year
now, has the front lawn (as she will cause the least damage to it,
hopefully), Son is up the driveway where the wifes bus used to be, as he
will need to move more often than her, and I'm in the gold spot, at
least for the next 4 months till I pull the pin. Dont s'pose I can
interest you (or anyone) in a 3 phase 2 tonne elec hoist and trolley,
and a 4yo 3 phase MacMillian 150l air compressor? :-)

I cant believe how much crap I've accumulated... It's insane... i have
discovered i now own 3 Wurth socket sets; two torque wrenches; sold a
near new 2 tonne trolley jack for $50, 1.5 tonne elec forklift for
$2000, 5.4m narrow shelving for a bottle of grog... Have a truckload of
fibreglass pond moulds going for whatever. A canoe mold...! Free to good
home! A 1.2m x 3.0m hydroponic tank mould... a little dingey mold; a
mold for a jet boat tunnel.... there is soooo much crap....I'm having
nightmares... :-)

Cant wait till it's all over... one a simple 4 day cruise to Sydney ...
rock up to Sydney harbour on Australia Day. :-D may need a taxi home :-)
Then another cruise to the Islands....
Cant think of anything better...

Then the fun starts.. :-)

Re: FINALLY!!! Son gets his chariot....

<jm1g40Fc8oaU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18215&group=aus.cars#18215

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2022 22:15:58 +1000
 by: Daryl - Tue, 16 Aug 2022 12:15 UTC

On 16/8/2022 7:00 pm, lindsay wrote:
> On 14/08/2022 8:15 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> It's like new. Who ever detailed it did a gold class job. I can see
>>> junior getting stuck into my reserves of McGuires gear... And for
>>> once, i'd be happy.... Buying a 'bit' of stock before I pull the
>>> pin.. :-) As you would... wife is already sooking: "what about my
>>> car?": Me: "When was the last time you polished your car?"
>>> Silence.... :-)
>>
>> As they do.
>>
>> I washed the wife's car yesterday. It was a hurried effort as it had a
>> battery failure the night before and as we were using it to head out
>> to Lancefield after lunch to pick up a diff housing and do a bit of
>> junk shopping, I was kind of rushed after picking up and installing a
>> new battery in the morning. Still, I thought I'd give it a quick tub
>> and make it look respectable as it was filthy after all the rain we've
>> had.
>> When she came out to get into the car she said "You did a half-arsed
>> job of washing it".
>>
>> Guess who's washing her own fucking car from now on? :)
>
> LOL. just be careful, wash her car, or wash your jocks.. :-)  Wife
> sometimes drives through a car wash, but more often than not, simply
> points at her Hyundai while I'm washing mine. That little chore has now
> be handed down to the Son.. :-)

>>> Okay, maybe some seat covers and mats.
>>
>> He's doing alright for himself :)
>
> He's probably got more than the daughter did. Care factor: 0  I've
> discharged my responsibility... 4 months to go, and they can ALL get
> fucked. :-)

>>> That wont be forever.. :-)
>>
>> Yeah, right :)
>
> Already changed the hierarchy... wife, who drives maybe 3000klms a year
> now, has the front lawn (as she will cause the least damage to it,
> hopefully), Son is up the driveway where the wifes bus used to be, as he
> will need to move more often than her, and I'm in the gold spot, at
> least for the next 4 months till I pull the pin.  Dont s'pose I can
> interest you (or anyone) in a 3 phase 2 tonne elec hoist and trolley,
> and a 4yo 3 phase MacMillian 150l air compressor? :-)
>
> I cant believe how much crap I've accumulated... It's insane... i have
> discovered i now own 3 Wurth socket sets; two torque wrenches; sold a
> near new 2 tonne trolley jack for $50, 1.5 tonne elec forklift for
> $2000, 5.4m narrow shelving for a bottle of grog... Have a truckload of
> fibreglass pond moulds going for whatever. A canoe mold...! Free to good
> home!  A 1.2m x 3.0m hydroponic tank mould... a little dingey mold; a
> mold for a jet boat tunnel.... there is soooo much crap....I'm having
> nightmares... :-)

LOL, know what you mean, we shut down our business then moved house.
I would have been screwed if I didn't own a ute, at least 8 trips to the
tip and about 5 trips to the scrap metal merchants, 25yr old business
and in the same house for 42yrs you accumulate a lot of junk.

> Cant wait till it's all over... one a simple 4 day cruise to Sydney ...
> rock up to Sydney harbour on Australia Day. :-D may need a taxi home :-)
> Then another cruise to the Islands....
> Cant think of anything better...
>
> Then the fun starts.. :-)

LOL, hope it all goes well.

--
Daryl

Re: FINALLY!!! Son gets his chariot....

<tdh3ih$5oln$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18216&group=aus.cars#18216

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 07:52:14 +1000
 by: Noddy - Tue, 16 Aug 2022 21:52 UTC

On 16/08/2022 7:00 pm, lindsay wrote:
> On 14/08/2022 8:15 pm, Noddy wrote:

>> I washed the wife's car yesterday. It was a hurried effort as it had a
>> battery failure the night before and as we were using it to head out
>> to Lancefield after lunch to pick up a diff housing and do a bit of
>> junk shopping, I was kind of rushed after picking up and installing a
>> new battery in the morning. Still, I thought I'd give it a quick tub
>> and make it look respectable as it was filthy after all the rain we've
>> had.
>> When she came out to get into the car she said "You did a half-arsed
>> job of washing it".
>>
>> Guess who's washing her own fucking car from now on? :)
>
> LOL. just be careful, wash her car, or wash your jocks.. :-)  Wife
> sometimes drives through a car wash, but more often than not, simply
> points at her Hyundai while I'm washing mine. That little chore has now
> be handed down to the Son.. :-)

That day will be coming soon. My young bloke gets his L's next April,
and he'll be taking on a whole range of new "car" responsibility when he
does :)

>> He's doing alright for himself :)
>
> He's probably got more than the daughter did. Care factor: 0  I've
> discharged my responsibility... 4 months to go, and they can ALL get
> fucked. :-)

Hahahahaha :)

> Already changed the hierarchy... wife, who drives maybe 3000klms a year
> now, has the front lawn (as she will cause the least damage to it,
> hopefully), Son is up the driveway where the wifes bus used to be, as he
> will need to move more often than her, and I'm in the gold spot, at
> least for the next 4 months till I pull the pin.  Dont s'pose I can
> interest you (or anyone) in a 3 phase 2 tonne elec hoist and trolley,
> and a 4yo 3 phase MacMillian 150l air compressor? :-)

The compressor sounds interesting. Do you have a model number?

> I cant believe how much crap I've accumulated... It's insane... i have
> discovered i now own 3 Wurth socket sets; two torque wrenches; sold a
> near new 2 tonne trolley jack for $50, 1.5 tonne elec forklift for
> $2000, 5.4m narrow shelving for a bottle of grog... Have a truckload of
> fibreglass pond moulds going for whatever. A canoe mold...! Free to good
> home!  A 1.2m x 3.0m hydroponic tank mould... a little dingey mold; a
> mold for a jet boat tunnel.... there is soooo much crap....I'm having
> nightmares... :-)

I kinda know the feeling. My ears will be burning for years after I cark
it when the wife tries to sort everything out.

Not that I'll be giving too much of a fuck :)

> Cant wait till it's all over... one a simple 4 day cruise to Sydney ...
> rock up to Sydney harbour on Australia Day. :-D may need a taxi home :-)
> Then another cruise to the Islands....
> Cant think of anything better...
>
> Then the fun starts.. :-)

Cool :)

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: FINALLY!!! Son gets his chariot....

<tdi2k6$cpo7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18217&group=aus.cars#18217

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 14:42:05 +0800
 by: Clocky - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 06:42 UTC

On 17/08/2022 5:52 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 16/08/2022 7:00 pm, lindsay wrote:
>> On 14/08/2022 8:15 pm, Noddy wrote:
>
>>> I washed the wife's car yesterday. It was a hurried effort as it had
>>> a battery failure the night before and as we were using it to head
>>> out to Lancefield after lunch to pick up a diff housing and do a bit
>>> of junk shopping, I was kind of rushed after picking up and
>>> installing a new battery in the morning. Still, I thought I'd give it
>>> a quick tub and make it look respectable as it was filthy after all
>>> the rain we've had.
>>> When she came out to get into the car she said "You did a half-arsed
>>> job of washing it".
>>>
>>> Guess who's washing her own fucking car from now on? :)
>>
>> LOL. just be careful, wash her car, or wash your jocks.. :-)  Wife
>> sometimes drives through a car wash, but more often than not, simply
>> points at her Hyundai while I'm washing mine. That little chore has
>> now be handed down to the Son.. :-)
>
> That day will be coming soon. My young bloke gets his L's next April,
> and he'll be taking on a whole range of new "car" responsibility when he
> does :)
>
>>> He's doing alright for himself :)
>>
>> He's probably got more than the daughter did. Care factor: 0  I've
>> discharged my responsibility... 4 months to go, and they can ALL get
>> fucked. :-)
>
> Hahahahaha :)
>
>> Already changed the hierarchy... wife, who drives maybe 3000klms a
>> year now, has the front lawn (as she will cause the least damage to
>> it, hopefully), Son is up the driveway where the wifes bus used to be,
>> as he will need to move more often than her, and I'm in the gold spot,
>> at least for the next 4 months till I pull the pin.  Dont s'pose I can
>> interest you (or anyone) in a 3 phase 2 tonne elec hoist and trolley,
>> and a 4yo 3 phase MacMillian 150l air compressor? :-)
>
> The compressor sounds interesting. Do you have a model number?
>
>> I cant believe how much crap I've accumulated... It's insane... i have
>> discovered i now own 3 Wurth socket sets; two torque wrenches; sold a
>> near new 2 tonne trolley jack for $50, 1.5 tonne elec forklift for
>> $2000, 5.4m narrow shelving for a bottle of grog... Have a truckload
>> of fibreglass pond moulds going for whatever. A canoe mold...! Free to
>> good home!  A 1.2m x 3.0m hydroponic tank mould... a little dingey
>> mold; a mold for a jet boat tunnel.... there is soooo much crap....I'm
>> having nightmares... :-)
>
> I kinda know the feeling. My ears will be burning for years after I cark
> it when the wife tries to sort everything out.

Pfft... one garage sale and all those unused tools will finally get used
as they were intended. Well except for the shit that's way out of date,
they'll go in the skip with the remainder of your junk.

--
keith on the 7 Oct 2021 wrote;
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if
it is unproven, he is lying."

Re: FINALLY!!! Son gets his chariot....

<jm3lloFo138U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18218&group=aus.cars#18218

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 18:03:01 +1000
 by: Xeno - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 08:03 UTC

On 17/8/2022 4:42 pm, Clocky wrote:
> On 17/08/2022 5:52 am, Noddy wrote:

>>> LOL. just be careful, wash her car, or wash your jocks.. :-)  Wife
>>> sometimes drives through a car wash, but more often than not, simply
>>> points at her Hyundai while I'm washing mine. That little chore has
>>> now be handed down to the Son.. :-)
>>
>> That day will be coming soon. My young bloke gets his L's next April,
>> and he'll be taking on a whole range of new "car" responsibility when
>> he does :)

>>> He's probably got more than the daughter did. Care factor: 0  I've
>>> discharged my responsibility... 4 months to go, and they can ALL get
>>> fucked. :-)
>>
>> Hahahahaha :)
>>
>>> Already changed the hierarchy... wife, who drives maybe 3000klms a
>>> year now, has the front lawn (as she will cause the least damage to
>>> it, hopefully), Son is up the driveway where the wifes bus used to
>>> be, as he will need to move more often than her, and I'm in the gold
>>> spot, at least for the next 4 months till I pull the pin.  Dont
>>> s'pose I can interest you (or anyone) in a 3 phase 2 tonne elec hoist
>>> and trolley, and a 4yo 3 phase MacMillian 150l air compressor? :-)
>>
>> The compressor sounds interesting. Do you have a model number?
>>
>>> I cant believe how much crap I've accumulated... It's insane... i
>>> have discovered i now own 3 Wurth socket sets; two torque wrenches;
>>> sold a near new 2 tonne trolley jack for $50, 1.5 tonne elec forklift
>>> for $2000, 5.4m narrow shelving for a bottle of grog... Have a
>>> truckload of fibreglass pond moulds going for whatever. A canoe
>>> mold...! Free to good home!  A 1.2m x 3.0m hydroponic tank mould... a
>>> little dingey mold; a mold for a jet boat tunnel.... there is soooo
>>> much crap....I'm having nightmares... :-)
>>
>> I kinda know the feeling. My ears will be burning for years after I
>> cark it when the wife tries to sort everything out.
>>

> Pfft... one garage sale and all those unused tools will finally get used
> as they were intended. Well except for the shit that's way out of date,
> they'll go in the skip with the remainder of your junk.

I had to laugh when I read this from Darren in reference to his son;

"he'll be taking on a whole range of new "car" responsibility"

The sad part about that is that Darren's idea of responsibility is to
have his son *not wear seatbelts*. Such a piss poor role model Darren
provides. Darren even *removes* safety interlocks from (customers?)
cars. How *irresponsible* is that?

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: FINALLY!!! Son gets his chariot....

<rT2LK.674882$vAW9.25925@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18219&group=aus.cars#18219

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: nop...@nunnya.business.com.au (lindsay)
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 19:52:22 +1000
 by: lindsay - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 09:52 UTC

On 17/08/2022 7:52 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 16/08/2022 7:00 pm, lindsay wrote:
>> On 14/08/2022 8:15 pm, Noddy wrote:

Junior went into the city today for a do with his mates. Rather than
drive his new chariot to the railway station and park, he caught the
bus. :-)

>> at least for the next 4 months till I pull the pin.  Dont s'pose I can
>> interest you (or anyone) in a 3 phase 2 tonne elec hoist and trolley,
>> and a 4yo 3 phase MacMillian 150l air compressor? :-)
>
> The compressor sounds interesting. Do you have a model number?

Yep.. this is it...
https://www.totaltools.com.au/65097-mcmillan-55hp-150l-2-stage-air-compressor-ab59
Bought it from them, and their service mob (Master Q) serviced in 2020
from memory. They rang to do a service recently, and I told 'em it's not
required, as I'm bailing out. Set up for 110psi from memory. So it's due
for an oil change and filter clean... (which anyone could do for $20)

Actually, I have another one... same compressor, but no history, and no
guard around the belts, and unknown psi setting. Might be around the 130
mark...It was a reserve in case something went wrong. It works. (I do
that with everything!) I have a new Festo Rotex 150 ($1000+ retail) in
a cardboard box, that i'll never use. I have 2 used ones I'll need to
unload... sigh!)

You do a bit of spray painting: i also have 3 infra-red heaters on
stands, with 3 spare globes... a couple of spray guns (iwata?) one
suited to spray cars, one suited to spray putty (unsued) 3.0mm tip)
I should add the compressors and hoist are available AFTER 30 November
2022, my last day of trading. Then there's the 16 grit Zec disks.. :-)

>> mold; a mold for a jet boat tunnel.... there is soooo much crap....I'm
>> having nightmares... :-)
>
> I kinda know the feeling. My ears will be burning for years after I cark
> it when the wife tries to sort everything out.
>
> Not that I'll be giving too much of a fuck :)

LOL. I've given a folder with passwords/combinations for everything
(that i can remember) to solicitor with the will... AFAIC, I've
discharged my responsibility. Wife knows the drill. Hopefully :-D

Re: FINALLY!!! Son gets his chariot....

<tdijbq$ebdj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18220&group=aus.cars#18220

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 21:27:51 +1000
 by: Noddy - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 11:27 UTC

On 17/08/2022 7:52 pm, lindsay wrote:
> On 17/08/2022 7:52 am, Noddy wrote:
>> On 16/08/2022 7:00 pm, lindsay wrote:
>>> On 14/08/2022 8:15 pm, Noddy wrote:
>>

> Junior went into the city today for a do with his mates. Rather than
> drive his new chariot to the railway station and park, he caught the
> bus. :-)
>
>>> at least for the next 4 months till I pull the pin.  Dont s'pose I
>>> can interest you (or anyone) in a 3 phase 2 tonne elec hoist and
>>> trolley, and a 4yo 3 phase MacMillian 150l air compressor? :-)
>>
>> The compressor sounds interesting. Do you have a model number?
>
> Yep.. this is it...
> https://www.totaltools.com.au/65097-mcmillan-55hp-150l-2-stage-air-compressor-ab59
> Bought it from them, and their service mob (Master Q) serviced in 2020
> from memory. They rang to do a service recently, and I told 'em it's not
> required, as I'm bailing out. Set up for 110psi from memory. So it's due
> for an oil change and filter clean... (which anyone could do for $20)
>
> Actually, I have another one... same compressor, but no history, and no
> guard around the belts, and unknown psi setting. Might be around the 130
> mark...It was a reserve in case something went wrong. It works. (I do
> that with everything!)  I have a new Festo Rotex 150 ($1000+ retail) in
> a cardboard box, that i'll never use. I have 2 used ones I'll need to
> unload... sigh!)

I have a Pilot K25 compressor which is about the same size as yours. I'm
actually looking to upgrade to a bigger unit as when I'm using the blast
cabinets or painting it gets a workout, so yours isn't going to be much
good to me. However the bloke over the road has been talking about
getting himself a decent compressor for some time so if you let me know
how much you're looking for I'll pass it on and see if he's interested.

> You do a bit of spray painting: i also have 3 infra-red heaters on
> stands, with 3 spare globes... a couple of spray guns (iwata?) one
> suited to spray cars, one suited to spray putty  (unsued) 3.0mm tip)
> I should add the compressors and hoist are available AFTER 30 November
> 2022, my last day of trading. Then there's the 16 grit Zec disks.. :-)

16 grit. Jesus. What do you do with those?

I've got a stack of spray guns so I'm pretty good there. In don't really
have a need for heaters as I had one once before and flicked it after it
melted some plastic tail light mounting lugs. These days I just pre-heat
the booth with an electric heater and use Fast hardener.

>> I kinda know the feeling. My ears will be burning for years after I
>> cark it when the wife tries to sort everything out.
>>
>> Not that I'll be giving too much of a fuck :)
>
> LOL. I've given a folder with passwords/combinations for everything
> (that i can remember) to solicitor with the will... AFAIC, I've
> discharged my responsibility. Wife knows the drill. Hopefully :-D

Not a bad idea. Might think about doing the same :)

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: FINALLY!!! Son gets his chariot....

<PknMK.133740$dh2.100809@fx46.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18283&group=aus.cars#18283

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: nop...@nunnya.business.com.au (lindsay)
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2022 19:58:04 +1000
 by: lindsay - Sun, 21 Aug 2022 09:58 UTC

On 17/08/2022 9:27 pm, Noddy wrote:

>> Actually, I have another one... same compressor, but no history, and
>> no guard around the belts, and unknown psi setting. Might be around
>> the 130 mark...It was a reserve in case something went wrong. It
>> works. (I do that with everything!)  I have a new Festo Rotex 150
>> ($1000+ retail) in a cardboard box, that i'll never use. I have 2 used
>> ones I'll need to unload... sigh!)
>
> I have a Pilot K25 compressor which is about the same size as yours. I'm
> actually looking to upgrade to a bigger unit as when I'm using the blast
> cabinets or painting it gets a workout, so yours isn't going to be much
> good to me. However the bloke over the road has been talking about
> getting himself a decent compressor for some time so if you let me know
> how much you're looking for I'll pass it on and see if he's interested.

Looking for $1800, or $2000 if he wants a receipt.. $2500, or $2700 inc
reciept for both compressors, or $4000 for 2 x comps and the 2 tonne
elec hoist and trolley, $4,400 for all three and a receipt. :-)

>> You do a bit of spray painting: i also have 3 infra-red heaters on
>> stands, with 3 spare globes... a couple of spray guns (iwata?) one
>> suited to spray cars, one suited to spray putty  (unsued) 3.0mm tip)
>> I should add the compressors and hoist are available AFTER 30 November
>> 2022, my last day of trading. Then there's the 16 grit Zec disks.. :-)
>
> 16 grit. Jesus. What do you do with those?

Pray, or cringe. :-) If you want to rough up a surface, zec discs are
the go. http://www.zec.com/

Awesone for fibreglass, concrete... I actually had an issue with one..
my fault.. was grinding a radius on a bit of timber to be used as part
of a under-floor repair on a boat.. 100mm grinder slipped, and it sailed
through the jeans i was wearing, and the skin underneath it through
lower and upper legs, and got caught up in the windcheater i was wearing
where I was able to turn the grinder off.

Sat in the bath that nite. Was like a western. Picking the stones out of
my lower leg with tweezers... Learnt to respect Zecs a bit more. :-)
Have about 80 sitting on the shelf, amongst others. Original are a bit
hard to come by, I recently bought 100 from the importer, Bestons, in
Sydney.

> I've got a stack of spray guns so I'm pretty good there. In don't really
> have a need for heaters as I had one once before and flicked it after it
> melted some plastic tail light mounting lugs. These days I just pre-heat
> the booth with an electric heater and use Fast hardener.

Wise manoeuvre. The Infra red lights have saved my arse several times...
wernt cheap, but have paid for themselves several times over...

>>> I kinda know the feeling. My ears will be burning for years after I
>>> cark it when the wife tries to sort everything out.
>>>
>>> Not that I'll be giving too much of a fuck :)
>>
>> LOL. I've given a folder with passwords/combinations for everything
>> (that i can remember) to solicitor with the will... AFAIC, I've
>> discharged my responsibility. Wife knows the drill. Hopefully :-D
>
> Not a bad idea. Might think about doing the same :)

If she gives me any grief after pulling the pin, I'll just change some
passwords, and forget to tell her. As you would...:-)

Re: FINALLY!!! Son gets his chariot....

<tdt29b$2arri$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18285&group=aus.cars#18285

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2022 20:43:52 +1000
 by: Noddy - Sun, 21 Aug 2022 10:43 UTC

On 21/08/2022 7:58 pm, lindsay wrote:
> On 17/08/2022 9:27 pm, Noddy wrote:

> Looking for $1800, or $2000 if he wants a receipt.. $2500, or $2700 inc
> reciept for both compressors, or $4000 for 2 x comps and the 2 tonne
> elec hoist and trolley, $4,400 for all three and a receipt. :-)

No worries, thanks. I'll pass it on and let you know.

>> 16 grit. Jesus. What do you do with those?
>
> Pray, or cringe. :-) If you want to rough up a surface, zec discs are
> the go. http://www.zec.com/

Not heard of them before. Thanks for the heads up.

> Awesone for fibreglass, concrete... I actually had an issue with one..
> my fault.. was grinding a radius on a bit of timber to be used as part
> of a under-floor repair on a boat.. 100mm grinder slipped, and it sailed
> through the jeans i was wearing, and the skin underneath it through
> lower and upper legs, and got caught up in the windcheater i was wearing
> where I was able to turn the grinder off.

Fucking hell...

> Sat in the bath that nite. Was like a western. Picking the stones out of
> my lower leg with tweezers... Learnt to respect Zecs a bit more. :-)

I'll bet :)

> Have about 80 sitting on the shelf, amongst others. Original are a bit
> hard to come by, I recently bought 100 from the importer, Bestons, in
> Sydney.

Thanks, but given your experiences with them you can keep them :)

>> I've got a stack of spray guns so I'm pretty good there. In don't
>> really have a need for heaters as I had one once before and flicked it
>> after it melted some plastic tail light mounting lugs. These days I
>> just pre-heat the booth with an electric heater and use Fast hardener.
>
> Wise manoeuvre. The Infra red lights have saved my arse several times...
> wernt cheap, but have paid for themselves several times over...

Local panel shop in town swears by them, but then he's doing far more
painting than I am and his turn around requirements are far more urgent
than mine. These days I have plenty of time to let shit take it's
course. I painted a set of alloy wheels yesterday, and I'll let them
cure for 3 or 4 days before putting the tyres back on. I'm in no hurry :)

>>> LOL. I've given a folder with passwords/combinations for everything
>>> (that i can remember) to solicitor with the will... AFAIC, I've
>>> discharged my responsibility. Wife knows the drill. Hopefully :-D
>>
>> Not a bad idea. Might think about doing the same :)
>
> If she gives me any grief after pulling the pin, I'll just change some
> passwords, and forget to tell her.  As you would...:-)

ROTFL :)

Regards,
Noddy.